Round 23 - Storm vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm2016 wrote:Does everyone think this is also a sign that club doesn't think Myles is in our best team and given Tohu to comeback, would only have a chance if we got 2 injuries in the forwards.
I don't think the Club ever thought he was in the best 17 - he was there as cheap depth leading into September and for that he was worth signing
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Good point steaming stormer. I was initially confused by the absence of Myles in the 21 but your comment makes sense.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cheers Danger - it's why I couldn't work out all the anger at the signing to begin with. It was a cheap insurance policy, and with JMac becoming more injury prone (ironically all players seem to once they sign elsewhere!) it was an astute signing. His experience alone would make him a handy back up in a final if it came down to it!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tomorrow's Thursday. Cue Trent Robinson whine about some aspect of Storm's game and how the refs need to watch out for it.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:Tomorrow's Thursday. Cue Trent Robinson whine about some aspect of Storm's game and how the refs need to watch out for it.
Maybe I watch the wrong news or don't read the right newspapers but all I ever hear are opposition coaches, both before and after the game whingeing about the Storm. Does Bellamy ever get out there and have a whinge or is he a much bigger person?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bullucked wrote:
TC wrote:Tomorrow's Thursday. Cue Trent Robinson whine about some aspect of Storm's game and how the refs need to watch out for it.
Maybe I watch the wrong news or don't read the right newspapers but all I ever hear are opposition coaches, both before and after the game whingeing about the Storm. Does Bellamy ever get out there and have a whinge or is he a much bigger person?
Craig is a much bigger person.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ding ding ding!

Not Robinson (yet), but Josh Massoud has written a lovely article under the headline "‘Grubby’ Smith, Slater behind NRL explosion - Coach’s anger at ‘grubby’ Storm" in reference to Paul Green's massive tantrum last week. Same result though, influence officiating to penalise Storm for <insert reason here>.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-wr ... 96d66ca0a6

Expect these stories to be a weekly occurrence (at least) in the lead up to the finals.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gotta laugh sometimes. It's literally the same shit every year.

The elbow to the head Green is apparently upset about is because Coote was trying to stop Slater from getting to his feet. Hardly anything to cry foul over.

The refs/Smith thing drives me nuts. It's not Smith's fault he's arguably the smartest person in the game and knows the rules better than the on field officials.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
Ding ding ding!

Not Robinson (yet), but Josh Massoud has written a lovely article under the headline "‘Grubby’ Smith, Slater behind NRL explosion - Coach’s anger at ‘grubby’ Storm" in reference to Paul Green's massive tantrum last week. Same result though, influence officiating to penalise Storm for <insert reason here>.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-wr ... 96d66ca0a6

Expect these stories to be a weekly occurrence (at least) in the lead up to the finals.
I could watch Massoud be sodomised by a horse and not feel a flicker of emotion.

Actually that's not true... I'd be upset that the horse wasn't stomping him to death.
Bullucked
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
I could watch Massoud be sodomised by a horse and not feel a flicker of emotion.

Actually that's not true... I'd be upset that the horse wasn't stomping him to death.
Would you be quite as upset if you thought the horse was enjoying it, no wait, if Massoud was enjoying it? Oh crap, I don't really know what I mean! :lol:
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:Gotta laugh sometimes. It's literally the same shit every year.

The elbow to the head Green is apparently upset about is because Coote was trying to stop Slater from getting to his feet. Hardly anything to cry foul over.

The refs/Smith thing drives me nuts. It's not Smith's fault he's arguably the smartest person in the game and knows the rules better than the on field officials.
My thoughts exactly.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Injury Report with Frank just released in the Storm website.

Munster - Ankle not quite right yet. Should play next week (Round 24), if not definitely the week after (Round 25).

Tohu - Shoulder doesn't sound that great to be honest. Expected to miss at least another week and back Round 25, if not later.

A shame... It would have been nice to have our best 17 on the field ahead of finals (excluding Welch/Blair). Has it happened once this year?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welch doesn't make the best 17. The rest have caught up big time
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

nacho wrote:Welch doesn't make the best 17. The rest have caught up big time
He does next year when there is no McLean and Harris.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

blazza18 wrote:It's not Smith's fault he's arguably the smartest person in the game and knows the rules better than the on field officials.
My thoughts exactly. Perhaps it's also grubby of JAC to use his blistering speed as an advantage over opposing backs? Or grubby when Munster wants to fight through every tackle and won't go down without a fight? And how grubby is it that Coops is always finding the grass instead of kicking it straight to the opposing backline?

Gimme a break! Instead of whinging about it, they should be learning from it and trying to replicate/combat those qualities with their gameplans.