Article on Vunivalu

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Good read. Feels like he's been around for much longer and who knows if we never get the injuries we did last season not sure he would even get a run.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I remember when issy got his only hat trick for the storm...it was a wet night at ANZ vs the Bulldogs....god it feels like he played a lot more then 52 games ...wish he did but more then happy with Suli and Josh Atm lol

Suli would be wayyy past 40 by now if he had started in RD 1 last year instead of mid year ...it's only cause of injuries he came can u believe that

Heard Frank Ponessi on the radio this morning say they were in the process of upgrading sulis contract past 2018
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

Suliasi would also have a lot more tries if Chambers was to pass the ball to him more last year haha ;) :lol:
Ryan Morgan had a lot more sense for the situation and had no issues to pass and support when he could draw his man in.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Gaiscioch wrote:Suliasi would also have a lot more tries if Chambers was to pass the ball to him more last year haha ;) :lol:
Ryan Morgan had a lot more sense for the situation and had no issues to pass and support when he could draw his man in.
Cooper certainly would have had one more... :(
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Using fox sports possessions stat.

In 10 games last season with no Chambers - Vunivalu averaged 17.7 possessions a game.

In 11 games last season with Chambers - Vunivalu averaged 17.3 possessions a game.

In 4 games this season with no Chambers - Vunivalu averages 18.5 possessions a game.

In 14 games this season with Chambers - Vunivalu averages 16.8 possessions a game.

Funny that Chambers is probably passing the ball more this year. Just obviously not to Suli.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Chambers can't pass left to right. Simples.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Geez why does everybody still think that Chambers has to give the ball to Suli every time he touches it. Anyone would think Chambers isn't allowed to run with it or something. I've seen people on here complain about Will not giving it even when Suli is in a terrible position to receive it. Chambers is the best centre in the game and he's strongest asset is he's running game but all everyone here talks about is how he needs to give the ball to Suli. It's ridiculous
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:Geez why does everybody still think that Chambers has to give the ball to Suli every time he touches it. Anyone would think Chambers isn't allowed to run with it or something. I've seen people on here complain about Will not giving it even when Suli is in a terrible position to receive it. Chambers is the best centre in the game and he's strongest asset is he's running game but all everyone here talks about is how he needs to give the ball to Suli. It's ridiculous
you'll upset kettles with that crazy talk deadpool..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Deadpool wrote:Geez why does everybody still think that Chambers has to give the ball to Suli every time he touches it. Anyone would think Chambers isn't allowed to run with it or something. I've seen people on here complain about Will not giving it even when Suli is in a terrible position to receive it. Chambers is the best centre in the game and he's strongest asset is he's running game but all everyone here talks about is how he needs to give the ball to Suli. It's ridiculous
I don't think he should pass every time he touches it - far from it, his step and acceleration are damaging! I do however think there are a number of times that he misses a huge opportunity by not getting it to his outside when he's attracted the winger in defence
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Will's best asset (besides the tough runs out of our end and his overall defence) is his ability to use his acceleration to skip to the outside of his opposition centre. We have seen it very successfully deployed on a number of occasions.

Unfortunately if the opposing centre is doing a decent job, it forces Chambers close to the sideline leaving little legitimate opportunity to use his winger unless he drops under which is not a typical Storm team preference. Bellamy (seemingly) prefers wingers to stick to the wing, even with no space. We have seen success with this model so I am not questioning it, just pointing it out.

The reality is there have been a number of occasions where he should have passed but didn't, now people look for it every time he has the ball in hand. Chambers not passing to his winger is not a prevalent issue IMO.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If fact him not passing it every time makes more space if he passed it all the time don't you think other team would work this out also the wingers in our team are doing just fine outside our centers both high on the try scoring lists.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

I'm not a hater of Chambers, there is a strength and weakness to every single player out there.
The main observation I'm personally seeing is the body language and Chambers is so deeply focused and seems to have a very domineering demeanor.
Maybe it's an age thing? He's surrounded by a lot of young players. Maybe it's just his personality, but he just needs to enjoy the team comradery more, keep up the positive chatter and work on encouraging any players that may make an error as I see players try to congratulate him or bantar with him and he's not recepricol. Perhaps that's why he has no issues of not passing or squeezing players out of space.
He's an amazing player, but at the moment, it's just part of his weakness.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What
Deadpool
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Gaiscioch wrote:I'm not a hater of Chambers, there is a strength and weakness to every single player out there.
The main observation I'm personally seeing is the body language and Chambers is so deeply focused and seems to have a very domineering demeanor.
Maybe it's an age thing? He's surrounded by a lot of young players. Maybe it's just his personality, but he just needs to enjoy the team comradery more, keep up the positive chatter and work on encouraging any players that may make an error as I see players try to congratulate him or bantar with him and he's not recepricol. Perhaps that's why he has no issues of not passing or squeezing players out of space.
He's an amazing player, but at the moment, it's just part of his weakness.
You must be thinking of someone else. Chambers is a chatterbox. Loves to talk. Heard it from so many players, you just can't shut him up