Round 22 - Storm vs Titans

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm really not sure how you could play anyone else at fullback over Munster next season. He continues to get better every week.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep im not sure that a million a year deal for Billy is overly smart at the moment, as much as it hurts its transition time, and Munster is the future.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally i don't have any issue with Bill signing and he rightly will. Of course not on huge money given he's in his twilight years and his latest injury run but still should get a contract. Munster will only become a better player under Bills tutelage and we'll be much better off for it in the long run IMO. Feel free to disagree but yeah but that's just my take on it.

Munster isn't going anywhere soon as someone here has said and i've heard myself in the last couple of weeks that he's not only happy at the Storm, he actually feels privileged to be playing at the club under Bellamy and with such great players like Slater, Cam and Coops and that was from a very close family member to him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Positives today were Munster, Duffie and NAS.

Loved NAS dominating Taylor physically on a couple of occasions in the second half.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As has been said Munster and NAS were both awesome. How good was NAS when he picked up the dropped bomb, had four guys tackling him played the ball quickly and then ball went out to MK5 for a try.

When Cronk put bomb up to Duffie (right in front of us) I stood when ball was in mid-flight and said Matt Duffie's name is written all over this. And it was.

In first half not wrapping up ball in defence was hurting us
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So I was right about Mann and NAS but not hinchy 2/3 oh well

Crap first half good second half

We got sharks next week...it's gonna be dangerous
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I could be wrong but while we we scoring a try in the second half, a titans player (I think it was Bird) high shot Cam S. when not only did he not have the ball but the action was on the other side of the ground. Cam went down and nothing was said about it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bird also hit Green at one stage well after he passed it. Once a grub always a grub.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we HAVE to stick with Mann for the remainder of the season. He's clearly our best option.
I also think Glasby is quickly becoming a very good prop.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Munster was also taken out off the ball in the first half.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Ice - you are correct in that Munster is here to stay , very happy and settled here.
Bill will re-sign as he should but a fair sized portion of his contract is covered with 3rd party deals so his contract won't take up as much of the cap as it has in past.

Munster, Duffie and NAS all brilliant. Would have loved to have seen Welch get a bit more time.
Was at the game and have since watched the replay and two notable things:
both sides were horrible for forward passes today, I mean Luke Brooks style forward...
And the refs were terrible when it came to offside calls especially in the first half. There wasn't one set where the Titans were onside in first half but we had the refs stoping the game ensuring we weren't even a millimetre offside. ( and apparently it's fine to take out our players head high off the ball but we need to stop the game every time a Titans player stubbed his toe)

In regards to NAS - the best thing that could happen for us if the NZ team call him into their training or full time squad at end of year for their tour giving him incentive to want to make their side for World Cup in 2017.
He is really happy here but we poached him from rugby and they have him earmarked for the future, the more incentive he has to stay, the better.
Having a strong kiwi contingent in our side can hopefully sway him to stay long term but if we lose him, it won't be to another NRL side.
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

1999 wrote:We look so much better with NAS and Kenny on the field
I have to agree with you 1999, it was the same in the Napier game and the game against Penrith.
Kenny shows a lot of enthusiasm with his runs and his tackling is spot on and tough.
NAS is showing that he is the difference. When you see that he was dropped without reason against the West Tigers and being really the only change in the previous weeks winning team, they lose in an awkward game where they should have easily won. He then appears against a scrappy Titans outfit and once again he makes an impact as he did against the Dragons and the Panthers. Is it a no-brainer?
Mattpoet wrote:Positives today were Munster, Duffie and NAS.

Loved NAS dominating Taylor physically on a couple of occasions in the second half.
Yeah I noticed that too Mattpoet, Dave Taylor is no lightweight, full steam ahead and he was getting manhandled by NAS.
And Duffie is showing a lot of his unique skills that are going to be something the Storm will need to call on with the Play-Offs looming.

It was a game riddled with errors, but they finally put it together in the end.
Either I'm blind (or one-eyed) but I couldn't see the forward pass from Green to JB, where JB scores.

Will Glasby have a case to answer?

I actually really enjoyed Kurt Mann in this game, Green was up for it in my books, and was pleasing to see Munster getting a better flow and it seems to show how he is being taught by the best in the game, just my opinion.
Kya wrote:... In regards to NAS - the best thing that could happen for us if the NZ team call him into their training or full time squad at end of year for their tour ...
Good call Kya, would be something for all to keep an eye out for.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Couldn't be happier with Duffman grabbing a couple of meat pies. The look on his face and his team mates as they came to congratulate him was gold! Tohu was so much more effective playing in SR. Not a huge fan of Kurt, but thought he did a decent job in that game esp defending Roberts. We can't afford starts like that against the better sides. Roosters/Bulldogs/Broncos would have really made us pay for those first half errors and wouldn't have let us come back. Wish Mahe was in the team, just so he could have run through the banner congratulating him on +50 games for storm.
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Don't you know Duffie is no good and a very poor ROI according to inglis3.

Me? I'm absolutely chuffed to see him back in the big time and his 2 tries - especially THAT one was a joy to behold. After all he has gone through, we should all be rejoicing the fact he's come through it all with flying colours. Memories of him at his former best displayed yesterday and his teammates just put the icing on the cake for what was a brilliant win in the end.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was cheering seeing Duffy grab that aerial try. Vintage Duffy... but seeing him make that half break up the middle was even more impressive. Not because it was more spectacular, it wasn't... but because it shows that his running game is not dead. He has made a few good runs in behind the A defender since being back. Hopefully he just keeps improving.

Up the Duff!*

*Mildly inappropriate Duffy support banner I want to see.