Religion discussion thread

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:
Mikey wrote: I suppose by saying that you mean that you would not want to have a beer with me or nacho whilst watching a storm game because we are religous.
sorry, im underage
No Problemo - I'll shout you a Bundy  :lol:
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I totally understand what your saying. But the discussion would surely pop up at sometime. And then at some point you will say "ll pray for you"...or something like that...always happens with christians inparticular...but ethier way we arent going to hang out so who cares.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Taliesin wrote:
nacho wrote:
Mikey wrote: I suppose by saying that you mean that you would not want to have a beer with me or nacho whilst watching a storm game because we are religous.
sorry, im underage
No Problemo - I'll shout you a Bundy  :lol:
I'll have that instead..ta very much ;-)
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Would I bring that up? thats interesting that you can predict the future and know what I would say if chatting to you. Seeing you can predict the future what are the lotto numbers for Sat night and will the Storm go back to back in 2010 :)
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Every christian brings it up within 5 seconds of talking to them.

And yes the storm will go back to back.

and if i had the winning lotto numbers do you think ild post em publicly?  :lol:

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im loving the massive generalisations
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Im loving the unanswered questions that i asked awhile back. And no saying that a talking snake is  just a metaphor is not an answer.  :roll:

nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no-one knows everything SC.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ofcourse not. doesnt mean you should follow blindly like a sheep.

Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Super I don't know if your aware but this is humour in the bible. God created humour to.

The other thing I wanted to say is Nacho is right you are generalising big time. If anyone I know doesn't want me to talk about christianity I respect their wishes and thats fine. This doesn't mean I wouldn't pray for them but I would keep that to myself.

Of the athiests I have come accross most of them seem like they're unhappy people and angry at the world and take it out on god but I know that isn't the case with all athiests as I have met athiests that are nice people and do good work in the community so I do not genrelize about them.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Mikey, I'm betting you haven't been brought up with religion for your whole life and very probably have only 'found' God since maybe after your teen years.  I say that because I was brought up in a (somewhat) religious household and I've found over the years that those who for instance go to parochial primary schools eg. Catholic (as I was christened), do not constantly feel the need to justify their beliefs.
I had religion rammed down my throat by nuns and would often 'wag' church.  I do believe there is a 'God' but I'm not prepared to blindly follow a book which to be honest was written by mere mortals and giving their version of the 'word of God'.

I was constantly in trouble at primary school for various questions on religion, my main two questions which no-one has ever answered were :-
If God loves all the little innocent children then why does he make un-christened babies who die go to purgatory?
and
If you can confess your sins before you die and are able to go to heaven, then I can go out and be the most evil person in the world and as long as I say 'sorry' and believe that I am sorry then I can still get into heaven?

I'm sorry that you feel the need to justify your belief in God and to try to explain it to people but you do come across as preaching.  Each to their own I say but this discussion topic is into five pages - maybe it's time to consider that you cannot change people's minds about what you think is true.

By the way - there should NOT be any sort of religious service at the Storm game on Good Friday this year, there was none at the last one in 2001 and if you're serious about your religion you should have already been to church in the morning before the game!!

And that my friends is my opinion - consider yourselves told  :P
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger I'll keep this short but I'm not trying to justify anything. we had another thread that was getting off the topic so I started a religous dicussion thread for those who want to dicuss it so we could keep any dicussion on religion seperate to a dicussion about the good Friday game. So I'm not justifying anything just giving my opinions thats all.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mikey wrote: Super I don't know if your aware but this is humour in the bible. God created humour to.

such Bs. See this is what i dont get and it frustrates the hell out of me. The bible mentions a talking snake or a talking donkey and its "humour" or its a "metaphor"....those parts are not meant to be taking literally ....yet the parts about god making the world and everything in it, being so magic that he can cure disease, the ark story, the adam and eve story etc  is meant to be taken serious? ... Christians are so full of it its not funny. Religion is such a crock and i feel sorry for you.

Athiests unhappy? ....dont know about that. Realists yes. We are born to die. Eventually we will become worm food....sad but true.

Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

So the bible is not allowed to have humopur in it??? that seems odd seeing god created humour.

Super your intitled to your view but I will give you one quote I heard last night on the radio It came from world fmaous author Anne Rice (her best known book would prob be interview with the vampire) She is a athiest turned christian. She said after 58 years as a athiest bu then looking at everything realisticly it would take more faith and be harder to stay a athiest then just to admit I have been wrong and turn to christ"

your intitled to you view of course bu one thing I want to clear up is I did not say that was the case with all athiest just with most of the ones I have met and that is in my time as a agnostic not just as a christian.

Also tigger to answer you question you have to be geniunely committing to god. God knows whether you a geniune or not. Also kids who die and are not old enough to know about Jesus dieing for us will inherit the kingdom of god
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

lmao. Ive had enough of this thread.

Keep following like a sheep mikey. have fun.