Religion discussion thread

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SC you might not approve or support us in our faith but some level of respect is warranted. if not for the religion then for us, u say it as though we are ignorant and just believe because we have to. correct me if im wrong but i cant remember anyone attacking ur lack of belief yet you have just attacked religion because you do not understand it, then when it is explained you dismiss it.

to us we are not blindly following. we follow because its a way of life and that it is a good influence on our lives and we understand it in our own way. probably everything in the bible is not universally followed or accepted and thats based on different teachings from different countries or schools.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

lmao you have not explained anything NACHO.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

u made a list of things u didnt see to be right with the bible and/or christianity.

i tried my best to resolve those problems with the almost the same way i was told. what im saying is... dont have a go at us for being christian, we dont take aim at u and call you a "condemned non believing sinner" ok.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I made a list and you said the talking snake was a Parable, and then gave me some half arsed answers that didnt really answer anything and you even admitted to some contradictions and the fact that your teachers would not elaborate when asked a tough question.

I find it funny that your such a believer yet didnt know about the only unforgiveable sin (blashpemy against the holy spirit)...you had to learn that from a "condemned non believing sinner". Its also funny you talk about respect...i have actually taken the time to learn things about your religion and beliefs.....if i were to ask you about athiesm or any other belief you would shut it down straight away.

True i do not respect your belief, i do think it is run by liars and corrupt men trying to mould society into their way, and this is a thread to express my views...weather they are disrespectful or not. As i said at the start of the thread....you wont like what i have to say....and if you do not like it DONT READ IT.

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Mikey wrote: Also tigger to answer you question you have to be geniunely committing to god. God knows whether you a geniune or not. Also kids who die and are not old enough to know about Jesus dieing for us will inherit the kingdom of god
As in my post Mikey I said you can do all the most evil things in the world throughout your life but as long as you 'commit to God' before you die you're jake - if you truly mean it then you've been the worst bastard and have basically gotten away with it.....
So, innocent babies who die before being christened will inherit the kingdom of God but must sit in purgatory for a whlie first - not nice to the poor souls is it?

Another thing you are getting mixed up about is Jesus is NOT God, he's a symbol yes but not the bonafide all seeing entity.  You forget that the Bible was put together (and by that I mean not all the gospels are in the bible so it's very selective reading) way after the days of Jesus so how can reasonable people believe it's all true and honest?  There are many more things I could bring up but I'm pretty sure you wont have a reasonable explanation for my questions (and that's ok because you wont be the first who didn't, including a few nuns & priests over the years).

Religion is one discussion neither party can win or agree on when they have differing opinions.  You believe one way and I have other opinions on the whole God & Jesus & christianity debate.

Life goes on  :lol:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Religion is one discussion neither party can win or agree on when they have differing opinions.  You believe one way and I have other opinions on the whole God & Jesus & christianity debate.

Life goes on  :lol:
Quite possibly the most rational point to end this thread on.Sadly i doubt this will be the case  :(
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

For the record, I didn't lock this topic - I did however, unlock it just to put in this note.  :P
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: For the record, I didn't lock this topic - I did however, unlock it just to put in this note.  :P
LOL

Tigger, you are a site manager, you don't need to unlock a locked topic to post on it. I am curious who did lock it as it provides a good laugh in a boring period of the off-season.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ummm who locked the thread?

Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy wrote: LOL
Tigger, you are a site manager, you don't need to unlock a locked topic to post on it. I am curious who did lock it as it provides a good laugh in a boring period of the off-season.
I knew that, just thought I'd let others know I didn't lock it  :P ;-)

So now we have the case of the mysterious thread locker..........................
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Last edited by TC on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately