Now we are being sued

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tempest wrote: I might be wrong (would need to watch the interview again) but I think what they said (or inferred) was only 'we think the bookies knew'.
Tempest, I wouldn't watch it unless you have the full press conference as it was cut to the craphouse. Not sure if a full transcript is available on the net anywhere but there where questions ask through the interview that helped the process along.

This is the shot in the arm the game needs IMO as it will stop the farce that has been going on for way too long, it may also bring to an end the 9 different governing bodies of the game back into one.
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
kasty
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

peter wrote: Is Waldron a bigger fool than what he has already proved. This action is not about the inconsistencies of the judiciary but rather the inference that the judiciary members involved themselves in some form of corrupt behaviour.

For gods sake take your blinkers off and look at the facts as they stand rather than try to defend the near indefensible.

Due to Waldron’s inaction our coach is now involved in a defamation action that will target him and his personal finances. Hardly the perect prepartion for the years biggest match.
See, it's the petty actions we are seeing that are proof alone of the impartiality that we complained about.  The judiciary should be judging each case equally with every other similar one, week-in week-out.  Their actions should not have any effect on the game over and above the suspension/non-suspension of the player charged.  The circus that carried on before the Sharks game and having to wait FIVE days for a hearing means that there is something wrong with the system.

If the tissue carrying officials were truly unbiased and impartial they would not have announced their intentions towards legal action until after the grand final.  They are making their own ego's bigger than the game.  They haven't even lodged any court documents yet, there is nothing official beyond their intentions that they have announced to the Muppet that is Geoff Gallop.  It is like me (if I had any media weight) saying I am going to show Matt Orford is a drug cheat before I did the urine test.  Once again, the media is going to do most of the trial that should be dealt with in the courts - not that it should get that far in the first place, but if it has to, there is a good chance that we can show that Bellyache and Waldron's comments were justified.  If and when this case goes to court it will be an incredible spotlight on the NRL.  Not because the Storm are being sued, not because the judiciary has been questioned, but because the problems and the petty ego's upstairs in the NRL will have no influence on the outcome.  The case will be judged solely on it's legal merits and whether or not the three stooges can show that their character has been damaged by false claims.  To do this, they not only have to show that the claims are false, they also have to show that anyone thinks less of them, and really, if it's in a NSW court, no-one is thinking less of them because they are ripping off the 'Mexican' team.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormwarning[c] wrote:
Tempest wrote: I might be wrong (would need to watch the interview again) but I think what they said (or inferred) was only 'we think the bookies knew'.
Tempest, I wouldn't watch it unless you have the full press conference as it was cut to the craphouse. Not sure if a full transcript is available on the net anywhere but there where questions ask through the interview that helped the process along.

This is the shot in the arm the game needs IMO as it will stop the farce that has been going on for way too long, it may also bring to an end the 9 different governing bodies of the game back into one.
Thanks SW - I'm just going by memory of what was on TV, so I could well have missed bits.

I'm still hoping I'm reading it right.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Don't worry about the media cutting the crap out of it they only show the bits they believe to be the most controversial anyway.
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

listening to SEN today,

the AFL people cannot belive it,

Why would you want to have this happen in what should be the best week of the year,

Why would'nt Gallop say, leave it to next week, we have a game of football to promote,

Once again the off field dramas in NRL take centre stage, when it should be the football.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Play the ball wrote:Why would'nt Gallop say, leave it to next week, we have a game of football to promote,

Once again the off field dramas in NRL take centre stage, when it should be the football.
Gallop wouldn't know how to organise a root in a brothel. He's announced the 2009 NRL draw during grand final week. Shouldn't that have been done after this season had finished?

One positive, as they say.......bad publicity is good publicity and thanks to Craig & Brian we are getting shitloads of it. Is there anyone in Melbourne that doesn't know the NRL grand final is this weekend?
wenjo
Squall
Squall

peter is more worried about his shares in News limited and the outcome for melb being sued and whsa it might do to his returns!!!!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

who cares....it was worth every cent that they get sued!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surandy wrote:
One positive, as they say.......bad publicity is good publicity and thanks to Craig & Brian we are getting shitloads of it. Is there anyone in Melbourne that doesn't know the NRL grand final is this weekend?
And whats more it has taken Melbourne to generate PASSION BACK IN THE GAME from those in NSW.....man they gotta be hating that
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
peter
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: who cares....it was worth every cent that they get sued!
I would love to know how you could possibly quantify that statement, the biggest concern here is not the fact that the we are about to lose even more cash, it is the fact that Waldron has allowed Bellamy to even the slightest distraction this week.

Whatever the rights and wrongs are of this matter the only thing that had to be protected were the players involved and the coach, as usual Waldron has failed in his duties has a CEO.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

peter wrote:Whatever the rights and wrongs are of this matter the only thing that had to be protected were the players involved and the coach, as usual Waldron has failed in his duties has a CEO.
Just as you are distracting comment on here from the big game?

FFS get over your personal hatred of Waldron or leave it at the door.

GO STORM!!!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can understand the issue with Bellamy's comments.  He tread a fine line, and I can see why the judiciary members have issues with his comments regarding the betting information.
For the life of me, I can't remember hearing Waldron say anything that potentially defamed anybody on the judiciary... but as has been said, the coverage was cut, so may have missed bits!
Therefore, if anyone should have apologised to stop a defamation case, it's not Waldron, but Bellamy.
Either way, it's us against them this week, and i'm sure it will be addressed next week, after another premiership!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Lord Reynoldson
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well, letv me get this right, normally when a team has an extremely bad off field week (exception of the Bulldogs) they pull off a brilliant match to finish the weekend...maybe this is a coaching tactic.  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Seriously, to me it was more implying the corruptness of the NRL and the media and the influence they have over things.

For example, you may hate pancakes.  But if you go to sleep with something playing non stop saying "You love pancakes, you will cook pancakes for breakfast" over and over and over again and again and again an again and over and over and over again and again and again, you will wake up and go..."Hmm, I want pancakes"

It's all (pancakes)subliminal, or whatever that word (pancakes)is.  At (pancakes) least the media's part is (pancakes)- like the whole Newcastle (pancakes)can't win without (pancakes)scumbag thing.  It got in the pancakes heads that was the case, Brian pancake Smith comes in goes you're all a bunch of pancaked morons, get outta the club, I'm gonna bring in pancakes with half a brain who aren't prone to that pancake crap you have going on in your pancakes head, and all of a sudden, they're a half decent pancake team (note there, only a HALF decent team, but still better than they were with a drug cheat leading them!)

By the way, does anyone else feel like pancakes.....
Glory, Glory to South Sydney!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Gallop is a moron and should be sacked.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html
Judiciary members Royce Ayliffe, Darrell Williams and Darren Britt are the ones taking the action but Gallop is helping them with legal advice.

"He (Bellamy) has had ample time to make an apology," Ayliffe told The Daily Telegraph. "It hasn't come forth which is disturbing. We will now let the solicitors pursue it.

"I'm just grateful the NRL is backing us. It's not about the money. It is about our integrity."
Remind anyone of the Steve Turner fiasco? The NRL have handed out their punishment, they should be trying to mediate a solution to this impasse not actively taking sides.
Last edited by Surandy on Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Rugby League is the greatest game in the world run by the dumbest people in the world