The Nobel Peace Prize goes to

Anything can go here - meet new people, post jokes - whatever! BYO bibs though!
lotti

Former Vice President of the USA, Oscar Winner, Emmy Award winner Al Gore and the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

You forgot to put in there "scaremongerer"
lotti

no I didn't, Midnight Oil were saying something simular in some of their songs.  Peter Garrett's still saying it but at least when Rudd is elected he can impliment things that will hopefully slow down the rate we are destroying the planet.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's naive to think ANY political organisation will shoot itself in the foot by making serious attempts to cut back the monster we created ,(and are addicted to ),more than two centuries ago :roll:

The Industrial Revolution

On a different note : What kind of 'carbon footprint' was left by the creation of the IPCC report over it's six year life  ??? How many forests died for the paper  ??? How many vehicle kilometres logged  ??? How much fossil fuel burned for energy to power their databases  ??? Does it REALLY deserve the Nobel  ??? Or is it just a tad self serving  ???

Nature abhors a vacuum - Yet mankind thrives on creating them  :(
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lotti wrote: no I didn't, Midnight Oil were saying something simular in some of their songs.  Peter Garrett's still saying it but at least when Rudd is elected he can impliment things that will hopefully slow down the rate we are destroying the planet.
Midnight Oil said it...we have confirmation!

Did you actually watch an inconvenient truth? If you analyse the statistics he pulls out of his arse, Tasmania should be under water. Not that i really mind, Tasmania is a blight on the earth.

I want to know why the average global temperature was higher 400 years ago...cattle farting?

It's also pretty interesting that Mars is also experiencing a rise in global temperature. Honestly, if Australia wasn't currently in drought noone would give a shit.

I reckon the suns getting hotter. Yeah.

Also, An inconvenient truth should be rate MA. It's very 'Gorey'

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING!
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Oh that's a classic KK! Love that line!

BTW - anyone else noticed how much Oils are being played on MMM at the moment? If I had to guess, I'd say that I know who the music manager will be voting! ;)
lotti

lol, Peter will be a pretty good Minester for the Environment, also for Aboriginal Affairs but I'm just going by the Oils songs.  It wasn't just them that was preaching the doom and gloom message it was also Widget and Captain Planet.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

*shakes head*
Mr Garrett will at least have a job waiting for him at Circus Oz. He's already compromised his beliefs in order to get Rudd into a winning position. Do you reckon that if he gains a ministerial role, he'll all of a sudden drop support for the pulp mill? Will he backflip on every other announcement to date and become the radical he was as lead singer for the Oils?

Do you even live in reality? Or do you really have Widget and Captain Planet sitting next to you?
lotti

Buzz Peter's towing the party line, he said he would when he announced that he was running for the seat of Kingsford Smith.  And no I don't have them beside me I'm just giving a couple of other examples of the doom and gloom message in the media, The Day After Tomorrow also had an anti-climate change message.
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

I read in the paper today that some guy got Ricky Stuart and Wayne Bennett to talk by simply asking both of them to pose with him for a photo ... I reckon he should have won the Nobel Peace Prize.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Geez - I don't remember Captain Planet having a doom and gloom message.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Buzz wrote: Geez - I don't remember Captain Planet having a doom and gloom message.
"Captain Planet is possessed of a wry sense of humor and has been known to crack jokes and use puns at the same time."

If thats not a danger to humanity then i dont know what is...
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

lotti wrote: Peter's towing the party line,
read;
"Peter's betraying all the principles he spoke out so loudly for for so many years in order to get a seat in parliament"
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Peter Garrett as Minister of Environment? Kind of reminds me of Justin Madden as Minister of Sport.  :lol:
Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: Peter Garrett as Minister of Environment? Kind of reminds me of Justin Madden as Minister of Sport.  :lol:
Mmm...the irony of it all...

Sure,Peter Garrett might have alot of enviromentalist ideas and have the following of all the 80's aus rock lovers,but I just can't really take him seriously when a huge issue like climate change is at the forefront.Someone such as the guy that won Australian of the Year,I'm sorry but his name escapes me,would be far more credible because he is active in his work on climate change and prevention rather than cure.
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...