Big Girls Blouses

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

In 2008 the NRL has changed from a 12/4 interchange (12 changes with 4 players on the bench) to 10/4.

In the AwFuL, the power teams are sooking that they are going to have limited interchanges in the pre-season cup. "It's impossible", they say, "to give veterans and stars limited minutes in the pre-season competition".

How terrible. Having to get by on only 16 interchanges.....

.....per quarter!!!!!

Apparently they just can't cope with a mere 64 interchanges per game.  :o  :'(
Fitness. Did someone say fitness?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

One of my bug bears TC. To be "benched" was one of the great shames in aussie rules. Interchange was only for injuries or when a player stuffs up. Now the interchange rewards players with a rest.

I also think the flooding problem is linked to the unlimited interchange. As the interchanges have increased, so has the flooding. By resting players continually on rotation, you give them the chance to recover from their never ending runs from the forward to back lines and back again!

It was shown that the game of NRL improved in 2000 (or 01?) with the introduction of the capped interchange. I think AFL will also improve.

So here here TC! ;)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Are you saying that teams in that other code do more than 64 interchanges per game as it is now?!?
perthstormer
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think its a good step forward  there is only one sport where you can come on and off when ever you like and that is ice hockey and no one pays much attention to that lol.,
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/danny___boi/cooperthecronk2.jpg