9 lose AFL rights

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
mb09
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just confirmed the AFL have accepted 7 & 10's offer for the 2007-2011 tv rights.Is there any hope that 9 will improve their NRL coverage because of this?
lotti

fingers crossed I mean they can't blame it on the AFL anymore, you also might not have to put up with Eddie McGuire during the telecast.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Thank god no more Eddie (after this year).

On the positive - Nein should look at promoting their primary winter sport to the nation at decent times.

Negative - it now means that there will be a double header on Friday nights, and should Nein refuse to change their display habits, we won't see either game until the early hours of Saturday.

Positive - with one game being live, the other on delay it could also open another opportunity for Storm to gain Friday night timeslot, even if it's broadcast on delay.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote: Thank god no more Eddie (after this year).

On the positive - Nein should look at promoting their primary winter sport to the nation at decent times.

Negative - it now means that there will be a double header on Friday nights, and should Nein refuse to change their display habits, we won't see either game until the early hours of Saturday.

Positive - with one game being live, the other on delay it could also open another opportunity for Storm to gain Friday night timeslot, even if it's broadcast on delay.
As for Eddie, when does his contract with Nein expire?

Negative? Well that was going to happen if Nein got the AFL so a positive is that they might, and I stress might, show NRL earlier on a Friday night.

Positive? Yaaah for the positive, Storm on Friday night!!!
lotti

fingers crossed the 8:30pm timeslot is going to be a national thing.
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Surandy wrote: As for Eddie, when does his contract with Nein expire?
That's akin to asking when will he die or when will he brink channel 9 to bankruptcy. :lol:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Mikey
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I reckon the Storm should try and get as many of our away games as pos played on Sundays. Nine won't go live on Friday nights but may do bojn SUndays
lotti

We're stuck with Eddie and rumour is he's looking for a NRL team now that he's in Sydney, Fatty is trying to get him over to the Sea Eagles.  Strange he never cared about league before he moved to Sydney, maybe this will be a good thing for it being shown in Victoria.
PD
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

lotti wrote: We're stuck with Eddie and rumour is he's looking for a NRL team now that he's in Sydney, Fatty is trying to get him over to the Sea Eagles.  Strange he never cared about league before he moved to Sydney, maybe this will be a good thing for it being shown in Victoria.
Don't count on it !!
regardless of the 'public face' of Eddie more than one Collingwood fan has told me he has no love of RL or the Storm  >:(
"We are the puppets and fate the puppeteer
This is not a metaphor, but a truth sincere
On this stage, fate for sometime our moves steer
Into the chest of non-existence, one by one disappear.
"

[i]Omar Khayyam[/i]