Melbourne Grand Prix

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

How ironic that I'll be supporting a green machine!

I'd never do that in any NRL games.

As I've mentioned elsewhere I'll be there in a Storm jersey promoting the team! If anyone sees someone in a Storm jersey on the Sunday then it's quite likely it's me. Feel free to come up and say hello and chat Storm!!!

Mark Webber has better odds from my perspective for this race than Storm has to win the premiership. I've put a bet on both. 8)
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I can't wait to see how much of the Juan Pablo Montoya press conference is shown on 110% Tony Squires next Monday night.

Two comedian interviewers from his show, David Lutteral and Ashley Bradnam, were asking the hard questions no-one else was prepared to ask:
"I have one question for Juan. Just a hypothetical one, Juan. As the wonder kid, the rising No. 1, Juan, one wonders, should Juan only win one in one year, would Juan want to have won that one in round one, Juan?"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I thought the question itself is quite a brilliant line.

However - to someone like Juan, with limited english, surely all he could hear was "juan juan juan juan.... juan juan juan juan!"

Perhaps just days before the race - a little stupid.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, I was at Albert Park today and saw two people in Storm gear and one person in a Parramatta Eels 2004 yellow jersey.

I didn't wear Storm gear today partly due to these sexual assault allegations. Partly as I decided this morning that I would wear my polo neck tomorrow. However in light of the amount of sun I copped today, even with using 30+ sunscreen, I think it appropriate to cover up much, much more tomorrow.

The Storm 2003 home jersey will definitely make a showing on Sunday though.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Buzz wrote:I thought the question itself is quite a brilliant line.

However - to someone like Juan, with limited english, surely all he could hear was "juan juan juan juan.... juan juan juan juan!"

Perhaps just days before the race - a little stupid.
The problem was not with the "Jaun" skit which was actually pretty funny, it was with the ongoing rubbish afterwards, including two LOUD mobile phone conversations. A joke's ok, but these guys were seriously RUDE. He was well within his rights to walk, and I'm impressed that he didn't do so much earlier.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well day 3 today and it was two 45 minute sessions of practice and then qualifying in the afternoon.

Damn qualifying was exciting. The drivers had their first qualifying session based on the order they finished in the last GP from 2003. Then final qualifying was based on their first qualifying times but slowest to quickest. It was great when Mark Webber as 11th to qualify got the quickest time so far. Then it was just a matter of who of the remaining drivers would actually go quicker.

Everyone was clapping and cheering when Barichello scored a new lap record for the Albert Park circuit. Then to see Michael Schumacher only just beat Barichello's time was simply amazing. Then the wait was on to see what Montoya could do. Great to see that Mark Webber will start in the third row tomorrow.

Of non-racing gear worn to Albert Park today there was a bit more variety. I saw one person wearing Melbourne Storm gear, a 2003 Kangaroo's jersey, a fair bit of 2003 Rugby World Cup gear including a France cap. There was also some older Wallaby's tops and even a few cricket tops. For a Melbourne event it was amusing to see only one person wearing AFL gear and I expect that person was heading to Telstra Dome after finishing with Albert Park, the person was wearing an Essendon top.

It will be interesting to see what non-racing gear is worn tomorrow, besides my own 2003 Storm jersey.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Well, I expected a bit more Storm gear to be worn than what I saw today. Me wearing my 2003 home jersey, a guy wearing a purple away jersey and another guy wearing a Storm cap.

Although I did see an Auckland Warriors top as well.

Two people wearing AFL gear, Geelong and Carlton jackets. A few cricket tops and a fair number of Rugby Union World Cup tops.
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The first GP for China and to mark the occasion BAR have done themselves up like a cigarette packet.
Its like the same car but in negative!
From the BAR Website:
Image Amazing!
Sorry about the image size...I picked the lowest resolution of the three offered. For the other images check out the BAR Website.
http://www.barf1.com/home.php
I'm hoping for Jenson to get his first win at this amazing new circuit in front of a 150,000 crowd.
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Melbourne Grand Prix: 01week 06days 13houra 53 minutes 10seconds away and counting down!
[img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/MelbourneStorm/Storm-Prmiers-Badge-80-per-cent.gif[/img]  [img]http://premium1.uploadit.org/Barnowl/FeatherstoneRovers/Fev-Button-NL2-Winnersby-G-Las-D.jpg[/img]
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Graham Las Darrington wrote:Melbourne Grand Prix: 01week 06days 13houra 53 minutes 10seconds away and counting down!
Alas I can't make it there this year to see how Webber goes in a Williams. I may struggle to even get to watch the race on tv as I have an 18th to go to. It's a bbq so I may be able to steal inside from time to time to find out what's happening.
JJ
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
Graham Las Darrington wrote:Melbourne Grand Prix: 01week 06days 13houra 53 minutes 10seconds away and counting down!
Alas I can't make it there this year to see how Webber goes in a Williams. I may struggle to even get to watch the race on tv as I have an 18th to go to. It's a bbq so I may be able to steal inside from time to time to find out what's happening.

Alan Jones raced in 1980 in FW07 in No.27 to win the championship.

Webber will race in a FW27 and yes you guess it No.07. Will he will the championship with this luck.
This is just AAS on hes OWN computer!!!!. I can't remember the password of AAS
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

and this thread is less than 8 days away from being officially the longest running active thread on this board! :shock:
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
thinga87
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Hope Webber does well in Melbourne... hope he at least finishes in a more competitive car this time around...

I won't get to go this year so I'll be watching on the TV... let's hope Ten can get it right this year!
Graham Las Darrington
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Thunderstruck wrote:and this thread is less than 8 days away from being officially the longest running active thread on this board! :shock:
A challenge if ever I heard one!

Melbourne: 01w 05d 04h 48m 27s away ... still counting.

Webber has got a more competitive car than he's had so far and should expect to make his mark(sic) this season.
A few of last season's underperformers seem to have made progress in the off season ... McLaren, Williams, Renault.
My hopes are pinned on the best looking new car unveiled so far (OK...IMO:-) the BAR Honda 007 (ah Mish Moneypenny) and that Jenson will get his first F1 victory.

Of course I make no mention of that red car and wotsisname who drives it.

How I wish I could be there to see the race!!!
Up the Rovers! Go Storm!
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'd like to see barichello win this one
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]