9 do it again!!

Want to discuss AFL, Union, Soccer... Lawn Bowls?!?!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As Glenn McGrath is about to make his first ever 50 in test cricket, and with 2 overs left of the days play, Channel bloody 9 cut to go to the news. As a League fan, why am I not surprised at 9's treatment of a sporting contest??????
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

I was extremely frustrated with their actions. Think of all the major sporting moments we have been denied because of Channel Nein! And now - Glenn McGrath - a true tail-ender with an average of 6 runs per innings, makes it to 54 with some slashing boundaries, a huge six (perhaps his first!) and we miss the most crucial parts because of programming!

In America - a news director with CBS (I think) got sacked for breaking into CSI:New York with "breaking" news of Arafats death. Everyone had been expecting it for days, and the show was going to end in 5 minutes, but he stopped the show to announce to the world. He got the axe for that!

When will Channel Nein give someone the drop-kick for something far more important!!! :D
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: <<thats what i looked like....when they did that...surely the news could have waited another 5 mins.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention to the dribble spouting out of the mouths of the commentators as I thought they cut to the news because it was stumps.