World Cup Matches, Line-Ups, Results and Statistics

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

PNG v France squads

PNG Squad: Josiah Abavu, Paul Aiton, Dion Aiye, Wellington Albert, Ase Boas, Jason Chan, Neville Costigan, Isreal Eliab, Richard Kambo, Enoch Maki, Larsen Marabe, Bosam Nene McDonald, David Mead, Mark Mexico, Jessie Joe Nandye, Jason Tali, Ray Thompson, Charlie Wabo and Menzie Yere.

France Squad: Jean-Philippe Baile, William Barthau, Andrew Bentley, Kane Bentley, Thomas Bosc, Rémi Casty, Vincent Duport, Olivier Elima, Morgan Escare, Theo Fages, Jamal Fakir, Benjamin Garcia, Clint Greenshields, Kevin Larroyer, Gregory Mounis, Eloi Pelissier, Sébastien Raguin, Mickael Simon and Frédéric Vaccari.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Samoa Squad to play NZ: Leeson Ah Mau, David Faalogo, Pita Godinet, Harrison Hansen, Joseph Leilua, Reni Maitua, Penani Manumaleaii, Mose Masoe, Suai Matagi, Anthony Milford, Junior Sa'u, Iosia Soliola, Sauaso Sue, Mark Taufua, Daniel Vidot, Anthony Winterstein, Frank Winterstein.

No Junior Moors.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 2700602449

Steve McNamara not happy about being asked about James Graham's omission. More fuel to indicate rumours are correct.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Looks like Junior Sa'u will get a game then, good luck Junior.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Samoa Squad to play NZ: Leeson Ah Mau, David Faalogo, Pita Godinet, Harrison Hansen, Joseph Leilua, Reni Maitua, Penani Manumaleaii, Mose Masoe, Suai Matagi, Anthony Milford, Junior Sa'u, Iosia Soliola, Sauaso Sue, Mark Taufua, Daniel Vidot, Anthony Winterstein, Frank Winterstein.

No Junior Moors.
Just noticed article I picked up the squad above from said Samoa had named a 19 man squad but there is only 17 players above. Add Junior Moors and Ben Roberts to the above squad.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australia def England 28-20

Aus: Tries - Slater, B.Morris, Boyd, Thurston, Bird Goals - Thurston 4
Eng: Tries - Charnley, Cudjoe, Hall, G.Burgess Goals - Sinfield 2

Billy did a couple of spectacular things including saving a 40/20 by jumping over the sideline, flicking it back in over his head and collecting it before anyone else could get there and brushing off Sammy the Squirrel to run 60m for his try.

Thurston was MOTM.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wales 16
T
Evans, Lloyd, Kear
G
White 2

Italy 32
T
Guerra 2, Mantellato 3, Centrone, M.Miniciello
G
Mantellato 2

MOTM - Mantellato

Guerra is one I definitely wish we had kept.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sam Burgess is on report for a swinging arm on Sam Thaiday.

On a lighter note, did anyone else laugh out loud when the commentators were talking about Widdop as having one of the best kicking games in the world?
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:Guerra is one I definitely wish we had kept.
Was thinking about this exact thing during the finals. He was injured a fair bit with us wasn't he ? I heard when he decided to leave us Bellamy wasn't too happy.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm pretty sure he did his knee with us, don't know anything about the Bellamy reaction, I just know that the boy can play.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He had two really bad injuries with us (knee& leg I think). Bellamy was angry when he sign with the Roosters and told him to leave straight away and not wait to the end of the season, (he injury meant he was not going to play). Bellamy has one rule when play leave. They must tell him first before they sign any deal. He understand players must leave and can get better deals, but they must tell him before anyone else. Only two players have broken the rule. Guerra and he was told to go and the winger Joe Tomaine (name could be spelt wrong). Joe only played one more first grade game and that was because of injuries. He then went to the Gold Coast and now is in union.

Bellamy is the boss
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:He had two really bad injuries with us (knee& leg I think). Bellamy was angry when he sign with the Roosters and told him to leave straight away and not wait to the end of the season, (he injury meant he was not going to play). Bellamy has one rule when play leave. They must tell him first before they sign any deal. He understand players must leave and can get better deals, but they must tell him before anyone else. Only two players have broken the rule. Guerra and he was told to go and the winger Joe Tomaine (name could be spelt wrong). Joe only played one more first grade game and that was because of injuries. He then went to the Gold Coast and now is in union.

Bellamy is the boss
Guerra was fit when he announced he was leaving for the Roosters, but was not likely to play first grade and Bellamy dropped him from the NSW Cup to play for Sunbury in the VRL.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ireland 19 man squad for Fiji match

Dave Allen

Luke Ambler

Bob Beswick

Damien Blanch

Danny Bridge

Ben Currie

Liam Finn

Scott Grix

Kurt Haggerty

James Hasson

Rory Kostjasyn

Stuart Littler

James Mendeika

Tyrone McCarthy

Anthony Mullally

Eamon O'Carroll

Apirana Pewhairangi

Pat Richards

Brett White

Congrats and good luck to Brett and Rory.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Really enjoyed the Australia vs England game.

England did well early to capitalise on the poor handling by the Australians. The Australians, as most would expect, came back strong when they held onto the ball and managed to get back into the grind. It looked like Australia were going to run away with it but England showed some fire to stay in touch.

The England defensive linespeed was outstanding most of the game (and seems to be a bit of a staple to the English game). They were in the Aussies face every tackle resulting in pressure on the Australian outside backs forcing errors and the p*ss-poor average metres per carry by the Aussie forwards (Gallen 6.6m per run, Scott 7.2m p/r, Tamou 6.5m p/r, Bird 5.7m p/r, Thaiday 5.3m p/r, Parker 7m p/r).

The Australian bench was very good and injected some enthusiasm when we really needed it. Parker's offloads were very handy in the middle of an arm wrestle (just like they were in Origin) and Lewis hit the line with more force than anyone.

Slater had a mixed bag, brilliant effort to stop the 40/20 and great work off the scrum to get on the outside of Burgess, sell the outside pass to fool the English centre then palm off Burgess who would have 20 kilos on him, to race away 60m and score. On the other side of the fence, the English backs were in his face all game forcing 3 dreadful passes. The Aussies should consider using Slater as the decoy instead of the link man, especially come finals time. Guaranteed everytime, at least one defender will be up out of the line looking for Slater.

If you want Inglis and our left side to get more ball, something needs to be done to negate the rushing defence. Cronk attempted to target them with a chip but didn't get the bounce.

Thurston and Smith were brilliant.

Sam Burgess is just becoming dirtier and dirtier with each game he plays. Morley had a bad rap but I honestly don't think he holds a candle to Sam. How he stayed on the field after nailing Thaiday flush on the jaw, who was not falling, I will never know. The last thing I wanted was a great game to be ruined by a 13 - on - 12 scenario but if that isn't intentional, what is?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Side note - Millennium Stadium, what is going on with your ground? Not just people slipping over which can happen on any dewy surface, but clumps of grass and soil were bing thrown up everytime someone hit the ground or changed direction. So dangerous.

I was convinced that someone would blowout a knee or an ankle in that mush.