World Cup Matches, Line-Ups, Results and Statistics

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NZ beat England 20-18 in one of the best games I've seen. If you didn't catch that Whare pass for Tuivasa-Sheck's 1st try then you need to! Ridiculous!

Bromwich was superb.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australia simply outclassed Fiji 64-0.

Farewell Petero Civoniceva, good luck in retirement.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet I agree the NZ v England semi was one of the best tests I have seen. Whare's pass to RTS was unbelievable. What a finish to the game too. I thought Gaz played well for England too. Sam Burgess and Graham were both very good.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

New Zealand 19-man squad: Simon Mannering (capt), Jesse Bromwich, Greg Eastwood, Kieran Foran, Alex Glenn, Bryson Goodwin, Shaun Johnson, Sam Kasiano, Kevin Locke, Issac Luke, Ben Matulino, Jason Nightingale, Frank-Paul Nu'uausala, Elijah Taylor, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Manu Vatuvei, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dean Whare, Sonny Bill Williams.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australian 19-man squad: Cameron Smith (capt), Greg Bird, Darius Boyd, Daly Cherry-Evans, Cooper Cronk, Andrew Fifita, Jarryd Hayne, Paul Gallen, Greg Inglis, Brett Morris, Nate Myles, Josh Papalii, Corey Parker, Matthew Scott, Billy Slater, James Tamou, Brent Tate, Sam Thaiday, Johnathan Thurston.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Australia win 34-2. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!

Slater bagged 2 and Cronk got 1 and had one controversially denied.

Australia went through the last 5 games and over 400 minutes in total without conceding a try.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great team performance with almost every player contributing something special. Our Storm boys in particular were outstanding.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome team effort. I was so happy to see Billy and Cooper score our first three tries.

I was a little surprised JT got man of the match. I thought Thaiday, Parker, Hayne and Slater were all better than JT. There must be something written in the stars that the Kangaroos number 6 almost instantly gets MOTM. Lockyer used to get it quite a lot, sometimes when he didn't deserve it.