MANLY UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR 2008

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

DEPENDING on who you talk to at Manly, Stephen Dank could be many things. A mystery man. Or a scapegoat.

But everyone who dealt with the sports science guru - across five NRL and two AFL clubs - can agree on one thing. When it came to maximising performance, he knew exactly what boundaries to push and wasn't afraid to do so.

Those boundaries attracted interest when his latest club, Essendon, threw themselves at the mercy of the AFL and ASADA yesterday after being informed of potential issues with their supplement program.

At a snap press conference in Melbourne yesterday afternoon, Essendon chairman David Evans and coach James Hird rocked Australian sport when they revealed the club had disturbing information about its supplement program.

Dank's role has attracted interest because he left the Bombers last year amid concerns about the outfit's sports science department.

At Windy Hill he reunited with conditioner Dean "The Weapon" Robinson, who had also worked under Hasler at Manly.

Essendon last night stood down Robinson, pending the outcome of investigations.

Robinson came under sustained fire last year thanks to an extraordinary incidence of soft-tissue injuries at Essendon, which saw the Bombers lose 10 of their remaining 13 games to plunge from finals calculations.

"The integrity at the club is critical, and that's why we've moved quickly to contact the AFL," Evans said.

"Of course this is a very distressing time for our club, we believe as a club we have done everything right to be compliant with the AFL and ASADA.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... 6571172109
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And in the blinking of an eye - ALL those samples are tested - All relevant questions asked ?
And Manly are proved to have absolutely nothing to answer for.
Well bugger me - I never expected that ::)

Strange that it comes a day after Danks,(aka - captain calf blood) threatens civil action :twisted:
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

its only a rumour but a strong 1.. manly set to be stripped of 2008 and 2011 premierships.. a insider from manly turned on the club.. i do no the name but im not posting public.. this will most likely happen next week if it does happen..
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm hopefully not tbh.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

i can now confirm they will be stripped n sooner then first thought.. sh#t has really hit the fan at nrl hq..
Go Storm
Monsoon
Monsoon

Don't hold back. What's going on?
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There's a rumour doing the rounds that 17 Manly players have tested positive, Menzies was the whistle blower, they're getting stripped of two premierships. Jeremy Smith introduced Cronulla to drugs, Newcastle is also screwed to the tune of 15 players and Wayne Bennett is in on it.

It's all bullshit.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

my mail is from no email.. but c what happens
storm77
Squall
Squall

OK if it is all legit then here is my question:
What about Des and the Bulldogs?.
If the Manly of the Des era is in trouble then what does that mean for Des and his employment at the dogs.
And if this is legit why isn't it breaking anywhere?.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

the information i have been giving is that the nrl have conducted there own investigation on manly and its not linked with asada.. i have been asking these questions and a lot more and get no answers. i was first told it will be all out after they finish with the sharks but now im told anytime soon.. 1 club at a time sort of thing.. c what happens over the next week
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:OK if it is all legit then here is my question:
What about Des and the Bulldogs?.
If the Manly of the Des era is in trouble then what does that mean for Des and his employment at the dogs.
And if this is legit why isn't it breaking anywhere?.
The Bullfilth are a scum club so will back Hasler to the hilt. He'll be labelled a fraud of a coach though.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:my mail is from no email.. but c what happens
Text message from a Fox Sports "employee"...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattystorm1987 wrote:its only a rumour but a strong 1.. manly set to be stripped of 2008 and 2011 premierships.. a insider from manly turned on the club.. i do no the name but im not posting public.. this will most likely happen next week if it does happen..
It's allegedly The Beaver.

Anyone on Facebook would have go wind of this by now.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

LESStar58 wrote:
mattystorm1987 wrote:my mail is from no email.. but c what happens
Text message from a Fox Sports "employee"...
thats were he got the info from.. so yes but not directly to me