SOO I

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If NSW put as much energy into the games as they do to whinging then they would be a shoe-in for a series win.

The only negative to another Qld series win will be the continued whinging from Ricky and the NSW media!!!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I agree Surandy. It is always, oh poor NSW we are so hard done by. As for Ricky, and his whinging about loosing a home game, and the media running with it. This was a deal done in 2005 between the NRL and the Victorian Government, Major Events committee, (Waldron was also there) to hold 3 games in Melbourne, 2006, 2009 and 2012. One Queensland home game and two NSW home games. The NSW media should give correct information, there was a signed deal in place from seven years ago, they knew this was going to happen for seven years. But seven years ago they did not care becasue they had not lost six in a row, now they blame anything and anyone. The deal is now finished and when they keep loosing what are they going to use next. MAYBE NSW SHOULD JUST WORRY ABOUT PLAYING AND THEY MIGHT WIN.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If it wasnt for a ref coming out of the closet,he wouldnt get all the big games
because he is a very poor ref,im not saying the buck stops with him,but god he
is the worst ref going around

Perfect case of affirmative action being completely wrong
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

In the fallout over Queensland's 18-10 win, NSW coach Ricky Stuart has accepted an offer by Australian Rugby League Commission boss David Gallop to vent his frustration over the performance of referees Matt Cecchin and Ben Cummins.

The performance of video referee Sean Hampstead - who awarded a controversial Greg Inglis try - will also come under the microscope.

So incensed were NSW after the Origin I loss that they hired an independent analyst who they claimed found the Blues could have received 10 additional penalties in the match.
Why would sticky need toilet paper when 'you know who' has such a willing tongue ::)
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Maybe the Blues should spend less time worrying about the referees from a match that's passed and more time trying to win a game. I know - crazy, right? Even if Ricky Stuart met with Gallop and Gallop told him that he's 100% right on every single complaint - what then? It's done. Move on.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:Maybe the Blues should spend less time worrying about the referees from a match that's passed and more time trying to win a game. I know - crazy, right? Even if Ricky Stuart met with Gallop and Gallop told him that he's 100% right on every single complaint - what then? It's done. Move on.
what then? those refs wont be in charge next game!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Novel idea, Absentee, but if you take that away from them, what do they have left?
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

great save by CAMMY in the last 2 minutes of the first half then COOPS puts up a great kick and qld score.
Great effort from the STORM Boys AGAIN...
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Go snake!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Your boy is a little but choky in big games, he was almost man of the match for the blues, awful game

[ Post made via Android ] Image
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the STORM CHAMPS were very serviceable for the QLD side. What was the matter with thurston tonight. he never went forward at all just played sideways like a crab.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

slater wasnt 100%, but either was b.stewart. a few fumbles almost cost us big time! but at the end of the day NSW GOT THE WIN!!!!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Has anyone read any articles of Queenslanders whinging about the game, the referees, or anything else for that matter after SOO2?

All we heard after SOO1 from NSW was whinge, whinge, whinge! When the shoe is on the other foot the silence from Qld appears to be deafening.
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote:Has anyone read any articles of Queenslanders whinging about the game, the referees, or anything else for that matter after SOO2?

All we heard after SOO1 from NSW was whinge, whinge, whinge! When the shoe is on the other foot the silence from Qld appears to be deafening.

well normally all papers in qld are sold out by 8am after an origin, but this time there was nearly a full stack at 5pm.... why would that be? its because when qld lose qlders say "its only 1 game" "i didn't watch the game anyway" "i don't follow league anyway" "i only liked watching lockyer" the supporters are only passionate when they win. and there wasn't anything too bad from the refs.