4Nations - Roo Crew: Official Kangaroos Supporters Group

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Hey guys, can't make it as I will bed overseas. Someone bring a cowbell or two to the Roo Crew. Just make sure you're in time etc etc
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

cowbells..?
yeah pretty sure i'll be tooooo blotto to keep in time with any chants let alone a cowbell :lol:

bought myself some OZ shorts the other week to go with my jersey so hopefully it's warm enough huh
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am going.. will be by myself but got a seat in the Roo Crew Area...
Lets hope the rain holds off....

Looking forward to a great game... and to see my Storm Players kick some asssssssssss........
;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D ;D :lol: ;D :lol: ;D
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Go Australia
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

StormFront wrote:I am going.. will be by myself but got a seat in the Roo Crew Area...
Then you won't be "by yourself" :lol:

Sad that we won't see the master & apprentice in an FB battle :(

After the drenching at AAMI Park's birth,(had front row seats) nothing will ever seem 'wet' again ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Bourbon Rat wrote:
StormFront wrote:I am going.. will be by myself but got a seat in the Roo Crew Area...
Then you won't be "by yourself" :lol:

Sad that we won't see the master & apprentice in an FB battle :(

After the drenching at AAMI Park's birth,(had front row seats) nothing will ever seem 'wet' again ;D
Wanna bet? :toothy2:

Was a terrible spectacle. And the Roo Crew proved a bit of a disappointment as well. It was filled with part-timers yobbos and event watchers...until the rain came & they all scampered. :oops:

The AAMI Park goons also did not disappoint in their officiousness. Diehard was told to take his Kangaroos cape off at the gate.??? :-x Whilst my Swan Street $2 horn was not to their liking either. ::)

It was an awful spectacle to be honest. It is a huge issue with me following soccer at the moment, but I have to say following rugby league I am very much club>country these days as well. The two tests I have been to in the last 12 months have been utter horrors with zero intensity.

I'll still always go though, as watching rugby league in November > watching cricket at any time.

JF
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Guess I was lucky then ?
Was my daughter in laws' 1st time at AAMI Park & although the 'everywhere except the front four rows is under cover' myth was once again de-bunked ::)
We both had a great time,thanx in part to the much more vocal & entertaining England fans nearby =D>
We were two rows in front of these flags http://premium1.uploadit.org/taliesin/A ... lags-1.JPG
My brother & family also had a good night in the Southern stand & said the rain did not reach as high there as it did in the Northern :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Pretty hard to have much of an 'intensity' when everyone is soaked & shivering, much like the outer areas of OP when it bucketed all night - altho at least the covered sections were just as close to the sideline..

I had fun but then again i was slightly affected by grog & sitting in the rain :)

Another upside? Didnt we get a better crowd than the 1st Sydney game?
onlooker
Squall
Squall

luvin.the.storm wrote:Pretty hard to have much of an 'intensity' when everyone is soaked & shivering, much like the outer areas of OP when it bucketed all night - altho at least the covered sections were just as close to the sideline..

I had fun but then again i was slightly affected by grog & sitting in the rain :)

Another upside? Didnt we get a better crowd than the 1st Sydney game?

Yes you guys got a bigger crowd down there then we did up here in Sydney which is fantastic but also to put it into context, you guys also had better oppositions to the roos (if the refs didn't F up the game) then we did in Parramatta. Also More areas at AAMI park are uncover then at Parramatta Stadium.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

Billy Slate chokes again, stuffed up the 2008 world cup now does his best to help Australia lose again. Nice bomb drop billy with 8 mins to go with a 2 point lead.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

HayneHeadbutt wrote:Billy Slate chokes again, stuffed up the 2008 world cup now does his best to help Australia lose again. Nice bomb drop billy with 8 mins to go with a 2 point lead.
So that would be the same as the last time Hayne played for Australia at AAMI Park in May. Hayne dropped a bomb with a similar amount of time on the clock, which directly led to a NZ try. Slater's dropped bomb didn't directly lead to a Kiwi try (ie in the next set of six). Only difference was that Australia was further in front in Hayne's case and it was just a "normal" test match and not a RLWC or Four Nations final. So does that mean Hayne falters under less pressure?

As for the RLWC, yes a bad mistake by Slater but I still think Lockyer played a big hand in losing it when he dropped the ball over the try line in the first half. If Lockyer scores that try Kangaroos would have been 20 -0 up or something similar. Instead Kiwis got back in the game after that.

I still don't remember Hayne doing anything special in the big games (ie 2009 Grand Final, when playing for the Kangaroos or NSW). Maybe you can help me out with that.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And here I was thinking HHB's juvenile parole officer had finally found where they were hiding & taken them back to kiddie land :twisted:
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

HayneHeadbutt wrote:Billy Slate chokes again, stuffed up the 2008 world cup now does his best to help Australia lose again. Nice bomb drop billy with 8 mins to go with a 2 point lead.
Lol,you 2 whinging and whining over who's fullback is better,Slater was atleast in position to drop the bomb and bomb the try
Barring another knee reconstruction and poor selectors australia will be safe at the back next year,no fullback touching Lockyers ass
(Hayneplanebraindrain)nor will there be a bomb dropping inside ball to Marshall giving foot sliding towards face of tryscorers grubby filthy myth
(Slater,duh)

There will be a bonafide try scoring bomb catching machine,the likes of which has only been seen for 78minutes in 2010,he wears both the Aussie
and club jumper that Wombat used to and is often compared with the Wombat,his try scoring record boasts a better strike rate than Slater or lolHayne
and is always where he needs to be in defense,only dropping the ball when knocked out cold by the games biggest grub,yes this man will show you
feats of pure amazement that Slater and Hayne could only dream of emulating,his step is untouchable and his flick pass more accurate than a pissed
off NSW sniper aiming at Hayne with a high powered rifle for being out of position YET AGAIN and more heart than both theyre little pea hearts combined
and yet old enough to have the experience to keep Dugan out of the team or on the wing even though he was by far the best fullback NSW could use this
year

Yes this is the man who will both rock your world and cause headaches to scorers,who will keep trys out and get trys in and WHO WILL WEAR THE BLUE and
Green and Gold JERSEY Printed #1 for the year of 2011,Enter Brett Stewart The real master fullback,not a mere fullhack like Hayne nor Slater,the best Australian
Fullback since Wombat
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Like Tiger Woods. BS will never again hit his prior form.

Even than Slater will still be better. ;) :)

O0
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CaptainKlutz wrote:Like Tiger Woods. BS will never again hit his prior form.

Even than Slater will still be better. ;) :)

O0
Lol well goodluck in round 1 against Tiger,3 Trials before that game though
You'd better hope it takes more than that to be in form