Who's your dark horse?

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

While putting together my Fantasy Team I was wondering which team is really the dark horse this season and why.

So, who is your dark horse for 2009?
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Two for me. 1 the warriors, because they are my dark horse every year, and 2 the dragons, because of bennett and all the quality players who followed him there.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

I agree re: warriors. They seem to hit patches every year that when they turn up on their day they will beat anyone...and not only beat but smash them in style. But oin the past have been to inconsistent and lacking discipline...maybe missing a real play maker too, perhaps Jones can help them there? if they find consitentcy they will be tough to beat.

Disagree re: dragons, they will fail...as they do every year.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

a dark horse i think will do really well this year is antonio kafusi and jeremy smith

you should do what i did for my fantasy team and fill it up with storm players and ex storm players nearly fill up a whole team :lol:
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Manly - I mean who's a picked them to get the wooden spoon  :twisted:

Seriously - The Lizards,since they are an unknown quantity this season but have plenty of quality in their player roster & coaching staff. All they have to do is learn to play as a TEAM.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bourbon Rat wrote: Manly - I mean who's a picked them to get the wooden spoon  :twisted:
Oh I like the way you think Ratty :)

My dark horse is the Bulldogs, just something about them this year and flying under the radar a little to much.

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

This is not unexpected from me but the Rabbitohs are my dark horse- definitely top 8, and don't be surprised if they finish the season ever higher!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: a dark horse i think will do really well this year is antonio kafusi and jeremy smith

you should do what i did for my fantasy team and fill it up with storm players and ex storm players nearly fill up a whole team :lol:
I only picked Cronk, Slater n Blair.
Back on topic and I'll have to say Eels. New coach could be all they need to ressurect.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Back on topic and I'll have to say Eels. New coach could be all they need to ressurect.
They still have Denis stuffing it up in the background though.

Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bourbon Rat wrote: Manly - I mean who's a picked them to get the wooden spoon  :twisted:

Seriously - The Lizards,since they are an unknown quantity this season but have plenty of quality in their player roster & coaching staff. All they have to do is learn to play as a TEAM.
Off to a good start - Is it too soon to put a bet on my prediction  \:D/
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bunnies wrote: This is not unexpected from me but the Rabbitohs are my dark horse- definitely top 8, and don't be surprised if they finish the season ever higher!

Cheers
Bunnies :D
WOW - Your 'dark horse' just bolted out of the gate & trampled a flock of chooks  ;D
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Bourbon Rat wrote:

Sorry - Couldn't resist bumping this  :twisted:

0 -3 for the season - 0 - 2 at Fort Brookie Jericho  \:D/
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

its great to see hey!  :D
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:
Bourbon Rat wrote:

Sorry - Couldn't resist bumping this  :twisted:

0 -3 for the season - 0 - 2 at Fort Brookie Jericho  \:D/
Best thing this weekend (apart from the Storm winning) was seeing those Eagles go down to the Panthers tonight :lol:
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Must say Manly being 0-3 does bring a smile to the face. Notice though that Andrew Voss wasn't putting pressure on them to beat the Panthers like he was with us against the Cowboys. What gets me is we'd actually won a game ???