Former Stormer Thread

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

With Webster, Newton & Crossman all featuring in an SL friendly last week & Matty K kicking of his SL season proper this weekend,I thought a thread to keep taking a peek at how our former Stormers are traveling would be good,(and seeing if they beat the curse).

KING OFF TO A FLYING START
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

onya kingy!!! still got the afro going i see, good stuff.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
lotti

I think a few of the Storm boys are going to be watching the game, Zappa mentioned it yesterday.
She's gone! The wicked witch is gone! Oh - I like snowballing too!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

bourbon_rat wrote: With Webster, Newton & Crossman all featuring in an SL friendly last week
The commentary during the Leeds v Hull KR game made no mention that it was a friendly.  It was however hinted at that viewers should know this game was rescheduled.  I think it was simply the regular season Leeds fixture that would have otherwise clashed with the WCC.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Moving comment from another thread here...
mrpc wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote: And under the heading of "Keeping an eye on the enemy" here's the match report of their SL first round against  Hull KR
I saw the game on Fauxtel last night.  It was great to see three ex-Storm players doing well at Hull KR.  Garrett Crossman did fairly well as Prop, nothing spectacular but pretty good.  Clint Newton was playing out of his skin, there was one dummy half run where he cut through the Rhinos like butter, and a lot of other great moments too (though a few too many penalties, and that damned knock on).  Jake Webster had a few moments of brilliance, scoring two tries and kicking a goal (penalty goal?).

The refereeing was atrocious though.  You can't tackle a man in mid air in the in-goal area and earn a goal line drop out.  That turned the tide of the game.  Not to mention a smegload of other 50-50 calls that all went the one way.

I liked the rule change on a 20 metre restart to allow the attacking team to take a kick.  Leeds used it a few times and it really had KR on their toes.

I'm rewatching it right now on Fox Sports 2.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

mrpc wrote:
bourbon_rat wrote: With Webster, Newton & Crossman all featuring in an SL friendly last week
The commentary during the Leeds v Hull KR game made no mention that it was a friendly.  It was however hinted at that viewers should know this game was rescheduled.  I think it was simply the regular season Leeds fixture that would have otherwise clashed with the WCC.
My Bad :oops: Forgot Leeds/KR started a week before all the other teams.Was thinking it was the last of their 'friendlies'
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Take that Mr Anderson  :twisted:
Hull KR recorded a famous 24-22 win over St Helens after a thrilling see-saw battle thanks to Jake Webster's 72nd-minute penalty at Craven Park.
A result that makes at least two 'Bai Stand' posters happy  :occasion5:
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gah! And it wasn't even live on Foxtel.. :(
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

A cheeky Robins fan posted this match slide show link on the saints forum  ;D

So nice to see Storm trained weapons used in the downfall of Skints  :lol:
lotti

the Warrington/Hull game is on now King scored a Izzy/Joe type try aka 80m.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was a freaken awesome try!
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
lotti

yeah a little weird though 1. King's in Cowboys colours and 2. Monaghan set it up, not used to those two playing together yet Monaghan should've been picked in the NSW or Australian side.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no he shouldn't have - because he isn't the best player in his spot. Get your friggen Manly glasses off for once!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
lotti

that's not why I wanted him to have been selected, it might have made it less weird seeing Monaghan pass to Kingy.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

monaghan picked for australia??? what , over Cronk ?
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]