disgraceful footy show!!!

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

tonight they have a piece on carl webb....making him out as a "humble" and "honest" bloke...he talks about how his brother commited suicide....sure its all sad but they are making him out as this nice lovely bloke...then show footage of him hitting hoffman and some knights player laying on the ground. He is a friggin thug....danny williams did heaps of stuff for charity and things like that and he was labeld a monster and a thug for one punch....but carl webb is portrayed as some poor, lovely guy who likes to play rough on field.... :roll: he uses rugby league for a way to get away with stuff that you wouldnt get away with on the streets.

your a thug webb!!!
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Webb and Williams are the same type of players. They both play very aggresively, can effectively intimidate opponents, and are prone to excessive use of force. I have no hesitation putting either or even both of them on my team though as long as they can keep their aggression in check. I suppose the same can be said of Crocker and Kidwell except these two haven't king hit anyone AFAIK.

Having said that, Webb deserves the same punishment they handed to Williams. The lack of standardization in the judiciary is apalling.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

reading this and also posting this on lu i can see how people can say that i am being insensitive but that wasnt my point of this but to show that its bullshit how one player is portrayed one way and another player does the same thing and is called a hero and a good bloke. really shits me coz danny was a great guy.

Thunderstruck
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah, those people who derided Williams yet show compassion to Webb are hypocrites. Either support both or not at all.
[img]http://img364.imageshack.us/img364/2514/banner069rm.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Thunderstruck wrote:Yeah, those people who derided Williams yet show compassion to Webb are hypocrites. Either support both or not at all.
yeah but some d*ck heads cant get that through their skull :roll:

Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

Piss weak effort by the Footy show. sure if was prercorded.....

They should of shelved it for later.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
pods
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

KINGY wrote:tonight they have a piece on carl webb....making him out as a "humble" and "honest" bloke...he talks about how his brother commited suicide....sure its all sad but they are making him out as this nice lovely bloke...then show footage of him hitting hoffman and some knights player laying on the ground. He is a friggin thug....danny williams did heaps of stuff for charity and things like that and he was labeld a monster and a thug for one punch....but carl webb is portrayed as some poor, lovely guy who likes to play rough on field.... :roll: he uses rugby league for a way to get away with stuff that you wouldnt get away with on the streets.

your a thug webb!!!
I think its ridiculous, but i hated it too. I kept asking myself, was this segment made especialy because of some attempt to put a good light on carl? Maybe?!? Its funny, they really didnt say too much about him hitting hoffy. I didnt see the show during the time danny hit that bloke, but i'd imagine they would have went to town!?!

If their motivation for that peice was to let put a good light on carl, shame on the footy show. Actualy, i think its good that the did it in general, but to select players to do that too and leave others out in the cold is very rotten. Danny deserved a bad deal, but so does carl. I guess the footy show just didnt want carls name to be draged throught he mud like dannies was. I guess that means they didnt give a stuff about danny or the storm. Infact i think its quite clear they dont give a stuff about the storm.
Help edit the Rugby League Wikipedia - The Encyclopedia created for the people, by the people. Also the best thing to happen to Rugby League since Dally Messenger

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rugby_League
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

pods wrote:
KINGY wrote:tonight they have a piece on carl webb....making him out as a "humble" and "honest" bloke...he talks about how his brother commited suicide....sure its all sad but they are making him out as this nice lovely bloke...then show footage of him hitting hoffman and some knights player laying on the ground. He is a friggin thug....danny williams did heaps of stuff for charity and things like that and he was labeld a monster and a thug for one punch....but carl webb is portrayed as some poor, lovely guy who likes to play rough on field.... :roll: he uses rugby league for a way to get away with stuff that you wouldnt get away with on the streets.

your a thug webb!!!
I think its ridiculous, but i hated it too. I kept asking myself, was this segment made especialy because of some attempt to put a good light on carl? Maybe?!? Its funny, they really didnt say too much about him hitting hoffy. I didnt see the show during the time danny hit that bloke, but i'd imagine they would have went to town!?!

If their motivation for that peice was to let put a good light on carl, shame on the footy show. Actualy, i think its good that the did it in general, but to select players to do that too and leave others out in the cold is very rotten. Danny deserved a bad deal, but so does carl. I guess the footy show just didnt want carls name to be draged throught he mud like dannies was. I guess that means they didnt give a stuff about danny or the storm. Infact i think its quite clear they dont give a stuff about the storm.

ive heard the pice was recorded before the hoffman incident but even still he has done stuff in the past that are dirty. he plays like a thug and is a thug. Yeah he looked after his niece after his brother died but tupac (the rapper) also looked after his nieces and stuff and he was a drug taking, women raping "gangstar" doestn mean he is going to win an award for being a great man.

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KINGY wrote:
pods wrote:

your a thug webb!!!

ive heard the pice was recorded before the hoffman incident but even still he has done stuff in the past that are dirty. he plays like a thug and is a thug. Yeah he looked after his niece after his brother died but tupac (the rapper) also looked after his nieces and stuff and he was a drug taking, women raping "gangstar" doestn mean he is going to win an award for being a great man.
where have you ever seen Tupac referred to as a rapist??? I understand you're fired up on this topic, but lets stick to the facts mate
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote:
KINGY wrote:
pods wrote: I think its ridiculous, but i hated it too. I kept asking myself, was this segment made especialy because of some attempt to put a good light on carl? Maybe?!? Its funny, they really didnt say too much about him hitting hoffy. I didnt see the show during the time danny hit that bloke, but i'd imagine they would have went to town!?!

where have you ever seen Tupac referred to as a rapist??? I understand you're fired up on this topic, but lets stick to the facts mate
ummmm he WAS convicted of raping a women :?

its totally different incidents but im just saying how different a person is labeld.

steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

really... damn, I was a Tupac fan and never knew that!!!!! My bad if that is the case.
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mike_The_Undertaker
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone
Location: Member No 17 Digg'n and Prepar'n anotha away teams demise.

KINGY wrote: ive heard the pice was recorded before the hoffman incident but even still he has done stuff in the past that are dirty. he plays like a thug and is a thug. Yeah he looked after his niece after his brother died but tupac (the rapper) also looked after his nieces and stuff and he was a drug taking, women raping "gangstar" doestn mean he is going to win an award for being a great man.
It was.
[b][size=24px]GO[color=violet]S[/color][color=blue]t[/color][color=orange]o[/color][color=blue]r[/color][color=violet]m[/color] [/b]
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/undertakermike/S_LU.gif[/img]
New jif currently being constructed..Go Joe Si
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Mike_The_Undertaker wrote:
KINGY wrote: ive heard the pice was recorded before the hoffman incident but even still he has done stuff in the past that are dirty. he plays like a thug and is a thug. Yeah he looked after his niece after his brother died but tupac (the rapper) also looked after his nieces and stuff and he was a drug taking, women raping "gangstar" doestn mean he is going to win an award for being a great man.
It was.
still doesnt change my opinion

Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I didnt see the show during the time danny hit that bloke, but i'd imagine they would have went to town!?!
I remember watching the footy show in the few weeks after Danny's aberration, and they had some pricks on No Talent Time who shamelesssly took the piss out of Danny, which pissed me off big time. :evil:

And they had some comedian guy with a guitar, and he opened his routine by singing part of the chorus of Midnight Oil's 'Short Memory' ("Short memory, must have a short memory") & then saying something like, "That one was for Danny Williams." As if that wasn't bad enough, the audience found it quite amusing! I almost threw the remote through the TV screen after seeing that. :evil: :evil:

At least Matt Johns had the decency to stick up for Danny, highlighting his charity work, and how he tried to raise some money for someone who had their house ransacked or burnt down or something (I know this doesn't change the fact that "Willow" did something seriously wrong on the field.)

Henry Rollins summed it up:
I don't think there's been a clearer opportunity for everyone to see how full of shit the media really are. How they go out there, they make up their own information, they're basically just tabloid reporters wearing ties...they're a bunch of mother-f*ckers.
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Neddy Seagoon wrote:I remember watching the footy show in the few weeks after Danny's aberration, and they had some pricks on No Talent Time who shamelesssly took the piss out of Danny, which pissed me off big time. :evil:
Mate, we had our own version of that kind of bullshit at the Storm's Comedy Afternoon last year. Some two-bit comedian kept having pot shots at Danny for a few laughs, in very poor taste considering Danny Williams was one of the main organisers of the event and it was a Melbourne Storm function!!!