Greg Inglis retirement

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Champion player.

I still firmly believe that we, as Storm members and supporters, saw the VERY best of Greg Inglis when he was at his VERY best.

He had times of brilliance with Souths.....but nothing like we were privileged to watch at Storm.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Greg has now signed a one year deal with the Warrington Wolves. Best of luck to him, I hope his body has come good and he kills it over there.

As much as he has tried to dispel a 'salary cap conspiracy theory' with his exit from Souths playing roster to take up a lucrative football department gig, it doesn't sit right... Technically he wasn't medically retired, but Souths sought and were somehow granted salary cap concessions for Inglis' retirement. Souths were granted $1 million dollars in cap relief. Souths then used that money to buy James Roberts and Jai Arrow.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Not only that but he was working off his contract at $300k a year in a role he had no previous experience in. As someone on an average wage, this annoys me a lot. No way he was giving that much value in a pathways role.