Manly the Salary Cap Cheats

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Manly are considering a appeal. What angers me the most is every other club before and after us has the right to appeal before the punishment and after the punishment. In other words due process. Storms punishment was decided by a few blokes in 20 minutes and no right of appeal. They only differences was we admitted it
one-eyed
Squall
Squall

You could have guessed that not a very harsh penalty would be imposed on the scum!
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

And everyone has a chance to negotiated it before it is put to the public. Unlike us.
sliat_1981
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Now they can get rid of that sign they bring to our games that says 40-0 under the caps. Now that we’re legitimate, they can see how they like being called cheats.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:Combine the monetary 'fine' with the reduction in salary cap and the net result is Manly only $90,000 out of pocket.

Do you think they will be OK???

F*cking joke.
My mistake! The fine was only $750K with $250K of that suspended.

The Manly bottom line actually ends up $160K better off, hahahahaha. And they only lose 3% of their salary cap for this year and next.

F*cking unbelievable.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

sliat_1981 wrote:Now they can get rid of that sign they bring to our games that says 40-0 under the caps. Now that we’re legitimate, they can see how they like being called cheats.

too true mate.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some Storm fans better make some big, bold, Manly cheating signs for Round 11... If it doesn't happen, I will be very disappointed.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

The world is full of hypocrites.

Self righteous, sanctimonious hypocrites.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What do you expect from a team run by Bozo the clown?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

I expect the same justice to be handed out to everyone.

Not some get premierships taken off, some get points taken off and some get hit with a wet lettuce leaf.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cameron wrote:I expect the same justice to be handed out to everyone.

Not some get premierships taken off, some get points taken off and some get hit with a wet lettuce leaf.
I think even hit is a bit strong, tickled lightly is probably closer. This is weak.

I wonder if the collective bargaining agreement had any bearing too. It might be spread over too years because the RLPA says they have to spend x amount on their members.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

On NRL360; Kenty is livid.

"How can Manly be told to get their salaries "under the cap" by the NRL (Peace didn't come) and when they are; the NRL says they don't lose any points because they are under the CAP?"

The legality of third party best endeavors.

It screwed us.

Manly got away with murder.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Seeing the Manly fans try and defend this on social media is hilarious.

The very same people who were baying for blood in 2010, appalled by the systematic cheating, are now clambering over one another to defend it. Almost all of them are now trying to say, "This is way different to the Storm in 2010, we were under the cap, we just didn't record our TPAs correctly".

Huh??? That is exactly the same you disingenuous pricks. Not reporting all TPAs to the NRL, organising a number of TPAs, using existing club sponsors, guaranteeing TPA payments = All illegal TPA deals. If it is illegal, it gets included in your Salary Cap - THE F*CKING SAME AS US!

F*cking hypocrites.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

People are never to be trusted. They spin anything and everything into their own advantage.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Eels rorting the cap for the second time since 2013. This time providing free/discounted housing for players, paid for by the Leagues Club :lol: :lol: