Manly the Salary Cap Cheats

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll just reuse my Manly post...
yourhero wrote:Seeing the Manly Eel fans try and defend this on social media is hilarious.

The very same people who were baying for blood in 2010, appalled by the systematic cheating, are now clambering over one another to defend it. Almost all of them are now trying to say, "This is way different to the Storm in 2010, we were under the cap, we just didn't record our TPAs player housing arrangements correctly".

Huh??? That is exactly the same you disingenuous pricks. Not reporting all TPAs to the NRL, organising a number of TPAs, using existing club sponsors, guaranteeing TPA payments = All illegal TPA deals. If it is illegal, it gets included in your Salary Cap - THE F*CKING SAME AS US!

F*cking hypocrites.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

As each one of them fall. We are the only ones who have had anything real stripped away from us.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Oh what a wonderful day...
yourhero wrote:Seeing the Manly Eel Sharks fans try and defend this on social media is hilarious.

The very same people who were baying for blood in 2010, appalled by the systematic cheating, are now clambering over one another to defend it. Almost all of them are now trying to say, "This is way different to the Storm in 2010, we were under the cap, we just didn't record our TPAs player housing arrangements correctly self reported, so all good".

Huh??? That is exactly the same you disingenuous pricks. Not reporting all TPAs to the NRL, organising a number of TPAs, using existing club sponsors, guaranteeing TPA payments = All illegal TPA deals. If it is illegal, it gets included in your Salary Cap - THE F*CKING SAME AS US!

F*cking hypocrites.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So, current state of Sharks rorting...

- Self reported a $50K illegal payment made to a player in 2015.
- NRL collected server/evidence to look into it further.
- At least $250K (so far) in suspect payments made to players outside the cap in 2017 found. Still investigating.
- Payments were made to a club official and then passed on to players. MASSIVE deception.

My take - No chance in hell they were clean in 2016. Cap rorting doesn't magically stop for 12 months. It ramps up. Putting that aside for a moment, the illegal payments made in 2015 helped them keep an illegal team for the 2016 season, no matter how you slice it... They should be immediately stripped on the 2016 title.
PurpleReign
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

yourhero wrote: My take - No chance in hell they were clean in 2016. Cap rorting doesn't magically stop for 12 months. It ramps up. Putting that aside for a moment, the illegal payments made in 2015 helped them keep an illegal team for the 2016 season, no matter how you slice it... They should be immediately stripped on the 2016 title.
I agree with you completely and hope this is the case, but if the Sydney-bias let the Eels continue playing for points, I have a bad feeling it will let the Sharks keep their title - unless payments made specifically in 2016 are found, effectively tying their hands.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Even then, they won't.