Cooper Cronk confirms he will play on with a Sydney club in season 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

We will fall in love with Big Sam because he can actually pass in the tackle.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

This is my new song about Cooper Cronk based on the huge Abba hit abs I will sing it next year when Cooper runs out for the darstardly Roosters or if we play him in the finals.

Super Cooper's beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
Like I always do
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you

Facing twenty thousand of your friends
How can anyone be so lonely
Part of a success that never ends
Still I'm thinking about you only
(Still I'm thinking about you only)
There are moments when I think I'm going crazy
(Think I'm going crazy)
But it's gonna be alright
(You'll soon be changing everything)
Everything will be so different

Tonight the
Super Cooper's lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Smiling, having fun
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Feeling like a number one
Tonight the
Super Cooper beams are gonna blind me
But I won't feel blue
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Like I always do
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
'Cause somewhere in the crowd there's you
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Lights are gonna find me
Shining like the sun
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Smiling, having fun
(Sup-p-per Cooper)
Feeling like a number one
Lucas
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK thanks
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

It will be great as a healing process when Cooper finally plays against us for the roosters which problaby wont be till the finals assuming both teams make it.

We saw last night with the fiji and the Australian teams getting together after the game and singing that it is not all about Rugby league...

It is about the spiritual journey that singing can express for us.

I hope to get both the Melbourne Storm and the Sydney Roosters to gather together after the first game that Cooper plays against us and swap jumpers and sing "Super Cooper" together.

It will help with the healing.

And bond both together in spirituality.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam, you are usually a strange guy. This is next level though...
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

You must admit it was brilliant what Fiji and Australia did last night. It transcended sport.

Surely that is the type of response we want to give Cooper to make him know how special he is to us Melbourne Storm fans.

It would be a remarkable moment for the National Rugby League.

It would bring everybody within our sport together.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:You must admit it was brilliant what Fiji and Australia did last night. It transcended sport. Hardly

Surely that is the type of response we want to give Cooper to make him know how special he is to us Melbourne Storm fans. No, we don't

It would be a remarkable moment for the National Rugby League. No, it wouldn't

It would bring everybody within our sport together. Seriously? Who do you think you are? Bill and Ted?
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is more to sport than the sport.

Anyone who has played sport knows this.

It is about the mate-ship. The comradeship.

There needs to be a unity in the NRL and it WILL happen.

If it doesn't happen during their playing career. Cronk, Smith and Slater will unite the NRL in their post playing careers; as major administrators of our game and in the coaching ranks. I expect Cronk or smith to be the head of the NRL post their playing days. They may actually work in unison to drive our game and make it the national success story it deserves; while still looking after the heartland.

There is a huge need to come together in our sport.

The holy trinity of Cronk, Slater and Smith will do this.

Their involvement will be more than any of us can dream of post playing.

We may as well accept their greatness and buy into the union that will drive NRL administration for the next 30 years.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:
Cameron wrote:You must admit it was brilliant what Fiji and Australia did last night. It transcended sport. Hardly

Surely that is the type of response we want to give Cooper to make him know how special he is to us Melbourne Storm fans. No, we don't

It would bring everybody within our sport together. Seriously? Who do you think you are? Bill and Ted?
Hahahaha! :lol:
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Cameron wrote:There is more to sport than the sport.

Anyone who has played sport knows this.

It is about the mate-ship. The comradeship.

There needs to be a unity in the NRL and it WILL happen.

If it doesn't happen during their playing career. Cronk, Smith and Slater will unite the NRL in their post playing careers; as major administrators of our game and in the coaching ranks. I expect Cronk or smith to be the head of the NRL post their playing days. They may actually work in unison to drive our game and make it the national success story it deserves; while still looking after the heartland.

There is a huge need to come together in our sport.

The holy trinity of Cronk, Slater and Smith will do this.

Their involvement will be more than any of us can dream of post playing.

We may as well accept their greatness and buy into the union that will drive NRL administration for the next 30 years.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lots of people cant read the play; cant see the future. If you are going to align yourself with Charlie Brown you are aligning yourself with someone who always was lost in the fog of life.

You CAN'T WIn, Charlie Brown

You've had it Charlie Brown.

Is this Goodbye, Charlie Brown?

They were the names of the Episodes.

You get the theme.

Let me take you on a journey.

A journey to the year 2030 where Smith, Cronk, Thurston and Slater dominate Australian Rugby League administration; coaching and media.

In their post playing careers; these guys will dominate the direction of our belowved code for the next 20 years.

And that is why it is great that Cronk is playing for the Roosters and gets some cred in Sydney before he and his mate Cameron Smith run the competition into our future.

meanwhile Crofty will go about dominating for the Melbourne Storm as New Gen takes the Storm into a fabulous future.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

TC wrote:

What a weirdo. :lol:
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Billy Slater says Cooper Cronk’s exit could be deciding factor in Storm’s chance of back-to-back premierships

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 7905b93aa3

ILLY Slater says Cooper Cronk’s departure is the biggest loss in Melbourne’s 20-year history, admitting the Roosters recruit could be the X-factor that derails the Storm’s quest for back-to-back premierships.

Cronk led the Storm to grand final glory just five weeks ago but now Slater fears the champion halfback will return to haunt Melbourne by making the Roosters a legitimate title force next season.

Slater has watched a slew of big-name stars depart during his 15 seasons in Melbourne, headlined by Cronk’s predecessor Matt Orford in 2005 and Maroons superstar Greg Inglis following the club’s salary cap scandal seven years ago.

Amid the annual player turnover, Slater, Cronk and Cameron Smith amassed a remarkable 980 NRL games as the Big Three that stabilised Melbourne and drove their premiership dominance.

But Storm fullback Slater concedes Cronk’s exit to Bondi cuts deepest, with the Roosters to profit from the severing of Melbourne’s record-breaking triumvirate.

“Cooper is a major threat to us next year,” Slater said. “He still has that drive to play and I respect his decision to leave us and play on.

“He will be successful no matter where he is. He is such a competitor and because he is so professional, he is going to make the Roosters a better club.

“They will be a real threat next year. The Roosters will have some sort of team with Cooper there — they are a genuine force.

“As a club, we’re hungry to have more success next year but without Cooper, it’s going to be tough.”

The numbers emphatically illustrate the Cronk void Melbourne must somehow replace.

While Orford and Inglis had fine careers at the Storm, Cronk is in a league of his own. The Maroons ace played 323 games. On 229 occasions, he engineered a Storm victory.

He steered the club to seven grand finals. There were four premiership wins, two of which were deemed illegal due to salary cap rorting, but no one could question the legitimacy of Cronk’s influence at the Storm.

“He is going to leave a massive hole in our club,” Slater said.

“Actually, I think it’s probably the biggest loss we’ve had.

“I remember us losing Greg Inglis and we really missed Matt Orford, he was a bit similar to these circumstances now but we at least had Cooper ready to fill in for Matt.

“It’s going to be weird not playing alongside Cooper next season, 100 per cent. I have never played a game of football against Coop and I’ve been playing in the NRL for 15 years. I have trained a lot against him and we are very competitive, so that will come out.”

Cronk’s decision to ink a two-year, $1.6 million deal with the Roosters took Slater by surprise, but there is no bad blood. His own ordeal with two shoulder operations is evidence that Cronk, who turns 34 next month, should play NRL as long as the body holds up.

“I had no idea what Cooper was thinking,” he said.

“To be honest, if I was in his shoes, I would find it hard to play for someone else after doing what we’ve done at Melbourne.

“But in saying that, there’s no issue for me. Cooper’s body is in great shape, he is still as fit as anyone, he looks after himself and he still has that drive.

“It was a bit like me this year. You don’t want to make that decision to retire and then regret it six months later. It’s hard to come back once you have pulled the pin.

“I didn’t know which way Cooper was going to go, but the longer it went, the more I suspected he was going to play on.”