Cooper Cronk confirms he will play on with a Sydney club in season 2018

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is now an East player. Like any other. And a good one. remember they finished 2nd over the home and away season. They will only get better with him in charge.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/t ... 664fd2a49e

Cooper Cronk signs with Roosters: Storm captain Cameron Smith braces for ‘strange’ face-off

ELBOURNE Storm captain Cameron Smith has admitted the prospect of lining up against Sydney Roosters boom recruit Cooper Cronk will be “quite strange”.

But Smith, 34, warned the long-time ally would not be afforded any special treatment when the two sides face-off next season.

“No doubt it will be quite strange, for sure, for sure, but if that was to happen ... then that 80 minutes will be business as usual,” Smith told the Herald Sun.

“It’s our job to go out and play professionally. I’ve got a lot of mates that I play against and the 80 minutes is about going out and doing the best for your team and then afterwards you’re mates again.”
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Cooper and Tara are now the NRL's 'Power' Couple. Sydney's own version of Chris and Bec Judd, David and Victoria Beckham etc.

For a reportedly fiercely private character, swapping the relative anonymity of Melbourne, where he could go about his business unnoticed, to living under the spotlight of the public eye, a camera crew outside your house, every move reported on, it will be an interesting transition for him (and Tara to boot).

Whilst I'm very sad to see Coops leave the Storm, I wish him all the best at the Roosters. I hope for his sake it's a success (not at our expense of course!!!) and that he doesn't do his legacy a disservice.

Hell, with his determination, it won't surprise me in the slightest if he increases his legend further!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
Utha
Squall
Squall

estormboy wrote:Cooper and Tara are now the NRL's 'Power' Couple. Sydney's own version of Chris and Bec Judd, David and Victoria Beckham etc.

For a reportedly fiercely private character, swapping the relative anonymity of Melbourne, where he could go about his business unnoticed, to living under the spotlight of the public eye, a camera crew outside your house, every move reported on, it will be an interesting transition for him (and Tara to boot).

Whilst I'm very sad to see Coops leave the Storm, I wish him all the best at the Roosters. I hope for his sake it's a success (not at our expense of course!!!) and that he doesn't do his legacy a disservice.

Hell, with his determination, it won't surprise me in the slightest if he increases his legend further!!
But don't Sydney already have "Buddy" and Jesinta Franklin?

Greedy buggers (he says, tongue firmly planted in cheek).
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Some cultures consider ' love ' to be a deluded state of mind that makes decision making unhinged. Only when the love fog clears do you see where you are and it often aint pretty.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Cooper Cronk is a Melbourne Storm legend but his Bondi roots run deep

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... bc844fd365

COOPER Cronk is a Melbourne Storm legend but he has the blood of generations of Eastern Suburbs sporting history pumping through his veins.

While Cronk’s signing with the Sydney Roosters made headlines this week, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the amazing history of family members making their own mark on the Bondi sporting landscape.

Cronk’s father, mother and grandfather are well-known Eastern Suburbs sportspeople, meaning Cooper is a third-generation Bondi star.

His father, Rick Cronk, was a Bondi United rugby league star from the late 1960s to mid-1970s before playing in junior representative teams for the Roosters.

He was part of Easts’ 1973 President’s Cup side that featured future first graders Gary Metcalfe, Des O’Reilly, Greg Townsend and John Rheinberger, who was a famous last-minute inclusion in the Roosters’ 1975 grand final-winning team.

Cooper Cronk's grandfather Les Cronk coaching the Bondi United Boilers softball team. Source: Supplied
Unlike his son, Rick Cronk was a utility back who came up through the Roosters’ SG Ball and Jersey Flegg sides.

He also made the front cover of Bondi United’s 1974 yearbook and, in the same year, was named Bondi United’s A-grade best and fairest.

In 1981, he accepted the club’s President’s Award.

Bondi locals still call Cooper “Little Rick” when they see him.

A shoulder injury cut short Rick’s footy career before he went into coaching. He also did some surf lifesaving at Bondi.

He moved to Brisbane, where Cooper was born, effectively ruining NSW’s Origin hopes for years.

Cronk’s mother Wendy excelled at several sports but was a well-known basketballer in Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs during the mid-1970s.

Cronk is likely to be offered a role on Trent Robinson’s staff once he retires. By taking up the clipboard, he could follow the lead of his grandfather Les, who coached the Bondi United Boilers softball team.

Cronk’s red, white and blue pedigree is certain to further enhance his standing with Roosters fans.

Bondi United president Alan Lewis said Cooper’s sporting prowess came from Rick and Wendy.

“Wendy was involved in our basketball teams and Rick was there on the footy field,” Lewis said. “Cooper certainly inherited the sporting genes.

“It’s good to have Cooper at the Roosters. It’s great when a big name returns to its roots. From a Bondi United point of view, it’s great.”

Lewis also spoke highly of Rick’s ability as a utility.

“He was a little bit older than me but I certainly remember Rick as a player,” Lewis said. “Rick was a good footballer in his day.

“Rick played in the backline, half, five-eighth, in the centres. He moved around a bit on the field. He had some ability.

“He came through the junior rep ranks back then, the Roosters SG Ball, Jersey Flegg and then President’s Cup in 1973.

“Injury curtailed his football career and then he took on a coaching role and had a fair bit of success with a variety of age groups at Bondi United.

“Rick was a very good clubman for Bondi United.”

The Daily Telegraph contacted Rick but he preferred not to comment.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

yourhero wrote:
tugga wrote:I will forever grateful for what he did for us, but I won't ever view him in the same light as Cam or Billy.
With the greatest respect to Cooper, even if he played out his career with the Storm, would he have been remembered in the same light as Smith/Slater? Surely not...

And I say that with no sour grapes whatsoever. I am legitimately happy for Coop.
Probably not. We're talking about the best hooker and the best full back of all time. I don't Coops is the best half back of all time.
Still when you talk Storm legends, Cooper deserved to mentioned with Cam and Bill. Not anymore though - not for me anyway.
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper will always be a ☔️ Storm legend and we will remember him for ever but next year he is our enemy
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

legend yes but so annoyed with so many things being said by others
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper Cronk is now Sunny Bill Williams

Cooper Cronk is the perfect man to continue Sonny Bill Williams’ professionalism legacy at the Roosters, says Daniel Tupou

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... d522064e13

Cronk’s meticulous ways make him the ideal player to emulate SBW’s standards.

“Cooper is a great signing for the Roosters,” Tupou told The Sunday Telegraph.

“It was great to be around Sonny. All the boys gelled with him well and all got on board with what he was doing. I still have my notepad to write stuff down.

“We have all got on board with what Sonny used to do and I’m sure the players will do the same with Cooper.

“He is an awesome and great player. I’m sure whatever Robbo has planned for him, the boys will jump on board.”
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

sallymay wrote:legend yes but so annoyed with so many things being said by others
Do tell. Don't just insinuate; spit it out.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cooper has left for love.

It is a lovely story.

But he is now the enemy..
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Or is 'love' the real enemy...?
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Love is a Battlefield.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

Lol
Cameron
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ultimate sacrifice! In Cooper quit the Melbourne Storm and moved to Mosman for his Sydney-based fiancee, setting a fine example for working couples Australia wide

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... z4xvKhVYMh
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... g-gig.html

Paying off already! Cooper Cronk's fiancee Tara Rushton announces BIG new hosting gig... after her Melbourne Storm star beau QUIT the team and moved to Sydney for her career

Her fiance Cooper Cronk quit the Melbourne Storm in April and moved to Mosman for his Sydney-based fiancee, setting a fine example for working couples Australia wide.
And the move is starting to pay off already, with Fox Sports personality Tara Rushton securing her first big gig since her future Hall Of Fame beau made the big leap.
On Tuesday, Nickelodeon confirmed they'd signed Tara as the co-host of Nickelodeon's Kid's Choice Sport Awards.

Co-host Jack, who became a fan favourite on Nine network's Australian Ninja Warrior, added: 'It really means a lot to me to be a part of an awesome show like this.'
He described the event as a 'one-of-a-kind celebration of kids’ love of sports.'
Living with Tara was at the top of Cooper's priorities when he parted ways with the Storm earlier this year.

'Tara, my fiancee, is based in Sydney and there's a few things in life that are more important than football, like family, getting married and a future,' he said at the time.
Tara sold her apartment in Kirribilli before buying the four bedroom property on Mosman's exclusive Queen street.
Cooper announced his signing to the Sydney Roosters in late October, with the two-year deal believed to be worth $1 million a season.