SACKED

Discussion on the National Rugby League and Rugby League around the world.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LOOKS LIKE THE NRL ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THESE GUYS

NRL lawsuit trio dumped
Andrew Webster | March 06, 2009 12:00am

Have your say!Add your comments or read what others are sayingEmail article ShareAdd to DiggAdd to del.icio.usPost to NewsVinePost to FacebookWhat are these? Printer friendly Text size+- NRL chief executive David Gallop has sacked the judiciary members who are suing the Melbourne Storm for defamation.
The Herald Sun can reveal chairman Greg Woods and panel members Darrell Williams and Royce Ayliffe were ordered this week to stand down indefinitely after the trio launched legal proceedings in the Supreme Court.

They are suing Storm coach Craig Bellamy and chief executive Brian Waldron for comments they made during last year's finals series when they questioned the judiciary's integrity for rubbing out captain Cameron Smith for the rest of the season.

Canberra legend Brad Clyde and former South Sydney captain Sean Garlick have been spirited on to the panel. Judge Paul Conlon will replace Woods as chairman.

Gallop said the trio were dumped as soon as he learnt they had launched proceedings against the Storm.

"The NRL has done all that it can in its power to resolve the matter," Gallop said. "If the matter can be resolved, the judiciary members will be able to come back on board.

"But at the moment it's in everyone's interests, to avoid any accusations of conflict of interest, that they not sit on any judiciary cases involving the Storm and teams they play."

At the time, the NRL was far from happy about the sluggish manner in which the Storm apologised after Bellamy and Waldron's sensational outburst at the press conference following the preliminary final victory over the Sharks.

But it has become increasingly dismayed that the issue has lingered and remains unresolved on the eve of the season.

There has been mediation between the parties, but they broke down last week when Woods, Ayliffe and Williams lodged a statement of claim in the Supreme Court last week.

"Clearly, the judiciary members were the victims of a very serious attack on their integrity, which led to a record fine of $50,000 at the time," Gallop said.

"But now they need to decide."

Ayliffe and Williams did not return calls, but their solicitor, Andrew O'Brien, confirmed legal proceedings had commenced.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

LOOKS LIKE THE NRL ARE NOT HAPPY WITH THESE GUYS
???
Gallop said. "If the matter can be resolved, the judiciary members will be able to come back on board. "
:roll:

Arse covering exercise that leaves 'others' free to disrupt Storm's season,whilst letting Gallop,etc look 'not involved'
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Yeah he is basically standing them down for the time being. But the new panel members will just be the same....
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fine Gallop 50 K.

By standing them down he is saying that he does not believe that these three are in fact capable of being unbiased and impartial.

All our boys did is suggest that "some people" may have been influenced.  :lol:

Tossers. An honest man would have no fear of his reputation being tarnished by comments made in the heat of the moment.
This tells me they are either money grubbing bastards, not as unbiased as they would like us to think, or both.
Last edited by TC on Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'll go with both thanks TC.
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I am also of the Belief TC that an Innocent person wont react so badly or is it they are feeling guilty and have no selfworth .

3 idiots if you ask me and they should never be returned to the board because of their lack of ability to separate themselves from this on a personal level.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Didgi
Squall
Squall

They need to grow a skin and build a bridge and get over it. Purrrrlease.

If Gallop made the right decisions in the first place there wuld be no need for him to cover his arse.

I agree, fine him $50K, he is questioning the integrity of the judiciary members.
[color=#0000FF]COW[/color][color=#FFFF40]BOYS[/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agree with all the comments posted above.
These 3 muppets see money dangling before their eyes.
Surely being involved in r/l for such a long time, they should realise that what happened what in the heat of the moment, they got their apology but called it *faked*...far out, they are really causing more damage to the game.

I don't remember this happening in any other code of footy ever, but I be stand to be correct if I am wrong.