The run home

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

After a couple of good wins and boostng our +/- greatly we're still in with a good chance to finish top 4. It didn't help us with the Rabbits having such a huge win last night though which brought their +/- much closer to ours. Our next 4 games are more than winnable before finishing with a couple of tougher ones but the simple equation is if we keep winning we'll put ourselves in a great position to get a place in the 4.

Especially given the tougher runs (IMO) our opponents have who will be fighting us for a spot with the exception of maybe the Sharks who play 4 of their last 6 at home so it's crucial we beat them up there. I know the Rabbits are 2 points ahead of us but they'll be playing 3 of the 4 likely top 4 and 4 of the top 6 in the last 4 rounds. That said we have the top 2 sides in the last 2 rounds but i think we can win at least 1 of them.

I''ve left Roosters out because i think they'll nab third and while i may be wrong, i've also left the Warriors out because without Johnson they're next to no chance of getting a top 4 spot i reckon. I know there's a long way to go and anything can happen but it's all in our hands.

Storm: Tigers (A), Titans (H), Sharks (A), Newcastle (H), Cowboys (H), Broncos (A) 24 points +86

Rabbits: Panthers (H), Manly (A), Cowboys (A), Bulldogs (H), Broncos (H), Roosters (A) 26 points +80

Sharks: Warriors (A), Cowboys (H), Storm (H), Tigers (H), Eels (A), Manly (H) 24 points -22

Dogs: Roosters (A), Broncos (A), Titans (H), Rabbits (A), Knights (A), Warriors (H) 22 points +8
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Obviously we will have to work for the wins against the cowboys and broncos but I'm also nervous on the sharks game
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

You're nervous on every single game
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay's fingernails just successfully negotiated for danger pay
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

well its just been made 100% harder with jesse Bromwich referred straight to the judiciary possible 8 - 12 weeks if found guilty

;D ;D ;D ;D most games im nervous but the games im not nervous about we end up losing so if im nervous its a good thing I've worked
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If he's found guilty. .. that'll do me - Dugan probably did have teeth marks on his arm. .. that's going to happen if you press it into someone's mouth. When it was called I thought they were calling Dugan over to put him on report - I highly doubt there's anything in it.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll be filthy if Jesse did actually bite him. I never want to see the day one of our players lowers his standards to that of a BULLFILTH player!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

From all reports, even the insinuation that Jesse would do something like this, is utterly offensive. He plays the game tough but seriously, when has he ever exhibited anything even remotely dirty on the field?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OH FFS .....surely it has to be proven first. Dugan's arm was forcibly over Jesse's mouth...he's a League player smashing into big blokes..he's sucking air through his mouth...Dugan feel's Jesse's mouth open and teeth on skin while Jesse's sucking air....Dugan tries to get a penalty...squeals like the pissweak piece of crap he is.....it goes on report. Nothing to see here. I couldnt see any biting action after watching it a dozen times.

There has to be an intent to bite...not just a player's arm being forced down onto a another player mouth while he's trying to breath.

Give me a lima lima lima duck break...what a beat up.

NSW media at it again.....
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
starling
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Jesse is not the type of person who would do such thing. What a laugh what a joke really. I watched this over and over and there is no evidence of any biting action from Jesse. He was on his back at this time and most probably felt suffocated by Dugan's arm forcibly over Jesse's mouth and when he tried to breathe Dugan thought he was biting. Dugan should be the one on report for forcing his arm into Jesse's mouth.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I get nervous because i doubt the integrity of the system.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:I get nervous because i doubt the integrity of the system.
This. Our code proves at every single opportunity how unprofessional they are.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I hope Storm go into the tigers,knights and titans game with the right attitude and not thinking these would be easy games. Iknow they will be on for sharks,cowboys and broncos and I am confident we will win those.
Sal you should invest in some nails cos I`m sure your nails are gone.(unnecessarily in some games if you ask me)

There is no real system..they are too inconsistent and biased to have any integrity
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

All the media reports I am reading says he is facing a long stint on the side lines. What happened to innocent until proven guilty? If the decision has already been made why wait until Wednesday. I have the NSW media.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

@Shhh_Insider
Jesse Bromwich Biting charge set to be thrown out due to insufficient evidence. Will be FREE to play #shhh
Above is a tweet I came across. Sadly for us, the source of the tweet looks far from credible.