Round 20 - Storm v Dragons - Napier NZ

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

True Blazza, would have been tougher to beat the Muppets - at least Ms Piggy knows how to use her size and Kermit should be a good catch with those sticky hands - but, good to get a win anyway.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I also think Kaufusi is a bit unlucky. For a few weeks there, he was one of but a couple of forwards having a real dig. I can live with the decision as long as Welch is having a big impact.

I think the point is they are giving everyone a game and game time...u don't want to get to the finals and have someone start that hasn't started before ect there is an article floating round about Bellamy tinkering with the line up and will continue to do so
staticash
Squall
Squall

Read the article it came out this week. I agree with good old bellyache, warm everyone up as we head into the run to the finals.

NAS - awesome player is only going to get better with more game time.

MK5 - i am straight and have 5 kids and a beautiful wife... but i have never been so in love with a bloke in my life!! More excited when he gets into open space then the misses in her sexy nurse outfit!

MUNSTER - he is great and billy has taught him well defensively, more game time and his attack is only going to improve aswel.

Stand out for me tonite was cronk... he is amazing not just his kicking game but running the ball aswel. He kept the defence guessing all nite.
(Sorry if i made any spelling mistakes.. had quite a few rums tonite and my phone screen looks a little blurry)
STORM 2015 PREMIERS, I STILL HAVE FAITH!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I touched on it before but don't think I gave it the attention it deserved...

Big congrats to the Duffman on a successful return to top flight Rugby League. To be perfectly honest, I gave him zero chance of making it back to the NRL. Not because of his personal qualities, just because I (like I assume most realistic RL fans) assumed 3 shoulder reconstructions and 2 knee reconstructions, is just too much to come back from and legitimately compete with young, healthy kids coming through.

But he proved me and surely a lot of others wrong.

The mental strength to come through the last few years, determined to still play NRL footy, cannot be understated. It speaks to the determination of his character.

Well done champion and best of luck moving forward.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Awesome sight seeing Duffie leaping. Adds another dimension to our attack.
When he gets back to his best we'll have two serious threats on the edges.

I also thought Fonua off the bench worked well. Plays with a lot of energy and his obvious power running.

Kenny Bromwich has really stood up lately and is tough little-big bugger.

I like how Hinchcliffe was used as a link man last night. Nice passes and good speed.

Building nicely and hopefully come September we can go all the way.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great to see Duffie back.
Workmanlike win without being anything to get carried away with.
Still pissed off this game was moved as it would have been a terrific AFL/NRL double header for me.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

And the Match Review Committee is going ahead with the biting allegation - I hope this doesn't go pear shape
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You have got to be f*cking kidding me... Dugan needs to be charged for bringing the game into disrepute for making such a disgusting false claim. There was absolutely nothing in that.

What a scumbag Dugan is.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mystormboys wrote:And the Match Review Committee is going ahead with the biting allegation - I hope this doesn't go pear shape
I can't imagine it'll go any further if that footage is all they have to go by. It shows absolutely nothing and is about as credible as the Parker biting allegation in origin.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
mystormboys wrote:And the Match Review Committee is going ahead with the biting allegation - I hope this doesn't go pear shape
I can't imagine it'll go any further if that footage is all they have to go by. It shows absolutely nothing and is about as credible as the Parker biting allegation in origin.
clearly trying to milk a penalty...

Dugan should be drummed out of the NRL for being the king size lima lima duck Wit he actually is...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

OK, so this is bothering me now - they kept saying on the telecast that there were 8 players in our team with NZ heritage.

I know NAS, the Bromwich brothers, Duffie, Tohu and KP. Who are the other 2?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well Mahe is Tongan so maybe they were classing him as one as for the 8th...who knows
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

They might have meant overall in the game with Benji & Jason Nightingale in the dragons? But other than that there is Slade. And Macca has NZ heritage too.
Great atmosphere at the game - Storm all day! They were really well embraced over here. Immensely successful PR exercise imo.

Dragons really took it to them in the first 20 & it looked like it was going to be a long hard battle but Storm absorbed it, kept patience & composure & did the deed. TV probably didn't do justice to all the plays that showed how well both teams played initially & then Storm as the game went on.
Sorry you guys missed the game at AAMI - we are very, very grateful for the chance to have Storm play here & the buzz (still happening) was across the region leading up to and during the game! Merchandise was selling like hotcakes & hopefully the club will see a wee bit of a spike in membership numbers in the near future.
Danger D
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thought the crowd was great. You could tell people were excited and really appreciated having a first grade game up there. It seemed like a great atmosphere from where I was sitting (home on my couch).

I think Duffman has lost a hint of speed but boy has he made up for it with heart. He wanted to be in everything and you could tell he wasn't going to be found lacking in effort. Thinking back to last year when he was walking around on crutches and watching the boys from the stands, I can't help but be really proud of him.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The biting allegation is a strange one. If you look at the footage you can clearly see Dugan's wrist/forearm pressed against Jesse's mouth. But the way Dugan reacted it looks like something happened closer to his elbow. Jesse's hand was around that area when Dugan was on top of him and to me it looks like he's pinched him and Dugan has reacted to it like he was bitten. It really is a nothing incident.