Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam Smith to play game number 30 this week.

Also, if he scores, he will have scored in the equal most matches ever.

Sidenote - KP will move to =10th on our games played list on 146 alongside Danny Williams.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

make that 300

the guy is a legend...I love him

I think its time to name a stand after him like Olympic park...I reckon all 4 stands need re naming

Geyer stand
smith stand

need two more not just slater and cronk
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All four should be named after Smith.
So should the stadium.
Matter of fact, petition that Vic Government to rename the entire State "Smith-toria".

Rugby League could not have a better, more articulate, professional man representing the code as Club, State and National captain.

Seriously though, when is the Smith statue being commissioned?
Kya
Squall
Squall

I'm with yourhero 'Smith-toria' has a lovely ring to it!
Absolutely love him and admire what he has done not only as a footballer but how he represents himself as the leader of our club, his state and this country, is a true gentleman of class, character and integrity.
The image of the NRL is better for having him in it!

I have watched him along with the others come through from Brisbane Easts and it's just been an absolute privilege to watch him. This club could never have envisioned what the man has done for the image of League not only in this state, but in this country and around the world.

There will be four statues outside AAMI one day but my blatant favouritism demands that his should be front and centre and maybe just a little bigger than the others :lol:
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya wrote:There will be four statues outside AAMI one day but my blatant favouritism demands that his should be front and centre and maybe just a little bigger than the others :lol:
Haha, agreed. Even if just to see the reactions of the other guys when they realise Smithy's is slightly bigger.

Anything less than "Statue of Liberty" size, won't be doing him justice.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:make that 300

the guy is a legend...I love him

I think its time to name a stand after him like Olympic park...I reckon all 4 stands need re naming

Geyer stand
smith stand

need two more not just slater and cronk
I am pretty pissed off that they didn't transfer the names of the Nikau and Lazarus stands to AAMI from Olympic Park. Seeing as aami is used just as much for A league as nrl I'd think its only fair to name either end of the ground after, say, Archie Thompson and some other soccer player and then have the sideline grandstands after NRL players. The rebels can get lima lima lima duck so call the western stand the cameron smith stand and the eastern the nikau-lazarus stand.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kya wrote:I'm with yourhero 'Smith-toria' has a lovely ring to it!
Absolutely love him and admire what he has done not only as a footballer but how he represents himself as the leader of our club, his state and this country, is a true gentleman of class, character and integrity.
The image of the NRL is better for having him in it!

I have watched him along with the others come through from Brisbane Easts and it's just been an absolute privilege to watch him. This club could never have envisioned what the man has done for the image of League not only in this state, but in this country and around the world.

There will be four statues outside AAMI one day but my blatant favouritism demands that his should be front and centre and maybe just a little bigger than the others :lol:

brisbane norths, chief.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I propose this for the statue:

Deadset legend of the game and an even bigger legend for our club. Going to be great to celebrate his 300th on Friday night.

I like the idea of naming one stand the Cameron Smith Stand and the other the Nikau-Lazarus Stand as a throwback to Olympic Park.
Kya
Squall
Squall

Lesstar58 - obviously who I meant!
I was trying to look at a match report from the east tigers page before I wrote it and didn't realise I wrote easts instead of North.

I'm a natural blonde, give me a break! ;)
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Cam is a legend. Hopefully our team puts on a performance worthy of this great man.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Scooter wrote:Cam is a legend. Hopefully our team puts on a performance worthy of this great man.
Exactly this.

As a fan, it's been a privilege to have him represent our great club for so long - he deserves a statue that's for sure! But before that happens, he deserves to lift another trophy or two :)
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

The first game he played for Storm I said he is my fave player from now on. He has been a CHAMPION his whole career I agree with Kingy and say it has been a privilege to have him as our club Captain.
I am proud to be able to say "I saw this CHAMPION play. He is the best in the game.
THANKYOU CAMERON SMITH for all you hard work you put into making Storm a Champion Team.
YOU ARE STORM

I declare this week is "SMITHTORIA"....
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

absentee wrote:I propose this for the statue:

Deadset legend of the game and an even bigger legend for our club. Going to be great to celebrate his 300th on Friday night.

I like the idea of naming one stand the Cameron Smith Stand and the other the Nikau-Lazarus Stand as a throwback to Olympic Park.
Good enough to show again. Nobody holds a trophy better than Cammy.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Play it 300 times, it's only fair lol.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I propose this for the statue:

;D ;D ;D