Slater could be out for the season

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy wanted to play at the MCG same as cam same as cooper...case closed...he was always having surgery
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Watch him come back for the finals. This is a bloke worked around the clock in a knee injury to play in, score two tries, and win a World cup final at Old Trafford.

Mark my words, if Melbourne go deep enough in 2015, he will play again.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: The problem is that when this story came out in the origin lead up, it's unfortunately made him look like he was putting Qld ahead of Storm, but reality is it probably has made no difference to what our season looks like if he didn't play origin and just had the surgery beforehand.
Missed three Storm games, plays Origin, misses two games, plays Origin, has season ending surgery. Miss five club games because you're not fit to play, but you can get up for rep games.
You can see why people think he puts Origin before Storm.

And the fact he gets paid whether he plays Storm games or not, and on top of that collects the average Australian yearly earnings for the two origin games he plays - you have to admit it doesn't look good.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Brian
Squall
Squall

TC wrote:
steaming stormer wrote: The problem is that when this story came out in the origin lead up, it's unfortunately made him look like he was putting Qld ahead of Storm, but reality is it probably has made no difference to what our season looks like if he didn't play origin and just had the surgery beforehand.
Missed three Storm games, plays Origin, misses two games, plays Origin, has season ending surgery. Miss five club games because you're not fit to play, but you can get up for rep games.
You can see why people think he puts Origin before Storm.

And the fact he gets paid whether he plays Storm games or not, and on top of that collects the average Australian yearly earnings for the two origin games he plays - you have to admit it doesn't look good.
Agree
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well said TC. I also agree.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I totally understand it not looking good - absolutely. I think it's been handled poorly no doubt. We don't know what's been discussed behind the scenes though. It may have been agreed on that if he was only going to be able to get up for 1 more game, then they were happy to bring Munster straight in and let him have his crack at the G. He certainly doesn't owe the club for his years of heart, service and publicity he's generated in my opinion
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Handled poorly? Try abysmally!

It's apparent that for a lot of fans - especially the Melbournians who don't give a damn about origin - the situation has left a very bitter taste in the mouth.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately