McKinnon could Sue

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/newc ... h14oe.html

Not sure how I feel about this...I'll have my say tomorrow
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Think he has every right to go through the process and people with more legal knowledge then me will have more insight into the ins and outs. As long as it is not drawn out through the media and becomes a blame game towards Jordan Maclean then the lawyers can work through it.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

And we were going so well this season so not surprised something had to happen to change that. if mckinnon was happy with how the nrl community treated him and he is set up for life why do this now. is it because the knights are going so bad and Storm are going so well?
Will bennet be included in this law suit as he coached him on how to duck his head. the commentators will have a field day this weekend as that is all they will talk about when it comes to us.
Oh well maybe 2016 will be controversy free.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Totally agree with your comments Stormy - we always just seem to be on the right road and something comes along to turn us off it
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

will the refs be sued for not calling held sooner?
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jeez guys!
The poor fella can't walk and he is doing this just to be vindictive towards the Storm cause we are doing well and the knights aren't!!!
When this all happened and the Storm and Jordan Maclean where hung out to dry by the media as some sort of unruly animals then yes I felt angry at this portrayal. but to think he is suing just cause were doing well and its some sort on conspiracy. Come on please!!!!
Last edited by coupy73 on Thu May 14, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You are right, no conspiracy. Just greed. And looking to blame someone.

I have every sympathy for him but I do not understand how he sees the Melbourne Storm club culpable and an appropriate target for lawsuit.

$1.2M in RL fan donations wasn't it? A full time gig with the Knights and a 'job for life' with the NRL... It is seemingly in bad taste to speak ill of those with serious injury (like somehow they are magically immune from any criticism), but geez, McKinnon is testing that...

A freak accident that (let's be honest) HE significantly contributed to, is somehow everyone else's fault?
Last edited by yourhero on Thu May 14, 2015 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I have every sympathy for A.M. and I don`t want to make light of his situation but couldn`t this have been done at the end of the season.. . one season without controversy isn`t too much to ask is it.
storm77
Squall
Squall

The guy is a dickhead.
I have said from the beginning that I have always hated the way he has behaved.
The fact that this guy has never made it clear that this was not ANYONE'S fault and was just an accident that on the rarest of occasions can happen in a contact sport like league always made him someone who I never liked despite what happened to him.
Basically the guy is a little bitch.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Someone probably got in his ear about it. .. friends, family, lawyer. .... there is somewhat of a precedent. ... though I don't remember 1 million+ being raised for McCracken....
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The league community did all it could for Alex! Funds were definitely raised over 1M iirc and he has a lifetime job with the NRL.
Don't know what a lawsuit will achieve.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

bula wrote: Don't know what a lawsuit will achieve.
$97, 500

Probably more.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So apparently his left his job at Newcastle

I'm my opinion the last time Storm were sued it didn't affect us so if Alex feels the need and finds it's the only way to go in his life then he should be allowed
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I'm torn in half with this one

Alex was never going to be a great player, nor a good player, he was a semi solid club player with no prospects of rep football,the blues may have picked him like they did Merritt among other mongs

Taking on the NRL gives me the shits,they raised 4-5 years his realistic playing salary to help him and had no part in the tackle that ended his sub par playing career,he simply has no right

Going after Melbourne though and sure call me whatever you like but i find that more palatable, if not for the lift he wouldn't have ducked his head Inglis style trying to milk a penalty and land safely on his shoulders, it was awkward and an horrible accident with no intent other than to lift which in turn would slow the play the ball giving the Melbourne line more time to reset

The lift was a 3 man spoiling tactic that Bellamy must have noticed happen once in a game and thought 'well shit that slowed them i wonder if we could devise a system to do this with deliberately' without intent to harm anyone,it was another version of the wrestle which every club does

Do note not once have i claimed intent, but without the lift there would be no injury so maybe some culpability

But let's be realistic nobody ever said 'oh shit A-Mak is playing we're in trouble now, can't beat A-Mak', i never hoped we'd sign him and I've been hoping for Ryan James for about 3 years lol

Bog average player at best but due to his injury they treat him like he was the next Mark Carroll or Paul Gallen which he really wasn't fit tying the shoes of either

Had to laugh at the derailed season claim, the media deathride all successful clubs other than souths, can't wait for them to lose another few players and drop back to the bottom of the table where they belong

They have been death riding manly since we poached souths back in the 70s,which is a reason most of the sheeple hate manly more than any other club, that and a reserve grade player and wests coach everyone has since forgotten,a sub-Mckinnon level player he was

Rugby league has a long memory which will see you blokes hated for reasons forgotten other than it's cool to hate on Melbourne like people hate on Collingwood and manly, those mouth breathers won't even know why but they'll hate you none the less, them sheeple

Do not let them annoy you, instead laugh at them because they have no thoughts of their own and can only follow the herd of stupidity and hypocrisy,I'm sure your players will use this as fuel
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree.. to try to link this issue with how we are going on field is ridiculous!
As for McKinnon suing... I can understand why the thought would cross his mind... but if you read the article, he doesn't seem keen, so lets not jump to conclusions about the bloke here. And, he's still going to be mentally dealing with a lot of shit as a result of his injury so will no doubt be a target for people to try and influence.
I'm hoping he doesn't, as I do see it as a freak incident, and not one of negligence. However, there would certainly be some interesting questions around the laws of the game if he does