Rd 8 vs Manly - ANZAC Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Team is:

1.Munster
2.Fonua
3.Chambers
4.Mann
5.Koroibete
6.Green
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith (c)
10.McLean
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.Finucane
14.Hinchcliffe
15.Glasby
16.Weston
17.Kaufusi
19.K.Bromwich
21.Learoyd-Lahrs
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Expecting a close one but I'd love nothing more than to put a cricket score on the scum and anchor them to the bottom of the table.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yes, yes, yes!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rain predicted isn't there? I think it'll be a tight one too.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Referees Matt Cecchin and Henry Perenara
Video Referee: Shayne Hayne and Luke Phillips
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

One of my biggest issues with Rugby League these days.... (and I have a fair few)

Fans do not get to enjoy tries anymore. Very rarely are tries just awarded. We have to sit through 74 slow motion replays going over every single aspect of the final tackle in minute detail. By the end of it, as a fan, the best you can hope for is enormous relief that the try is awarded... Not pure joy that your team has just scored a great try. It robs fans of the best part of games.

That is best case scenario scenario... More likely, the try is refused for some unknown reason/ridiculous bullsh*t... Then two minutes later, an almost identical thing will happen, this time with the other team attacking, and they will award it.

Expect the latter this weekend with those two morons in the box.

If the NRL is really concerned about fans walking away, this is a huge issue that needs to be resolved immediately. Let fans enjoy tries once more.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

you're spot on there
Itzbek the Purple
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The inconsistency of obstruction rule immediately comes to mind, e.g. storm v raiders.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Wouldn't be surprised if this game was circled on the calendar. ...I know I did - can't wait for retribution.... cricket score to nil would be nice! :)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

my source said today at training Hampton and Cronk Hamstring tightness and the Flu respectively both haven't trained today and Billy was training without a reserves or injured singlet on and Munster was at wing with kurt at 5/8...I reckon that would be cool as well to be honest

would love to see nona at 5/8 but apparently he wont get a game this year as his on a second tier contract
storm77
Squall
Squall

I hate the damn seven tackle rule on restarts.
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

storm77 wrote:I hate the damn seven tackle rule on restarts.
Yes I think needs a change was only to stop long kicks going dead and taking the fullback out of the play. It should not be for kicks within the 20 and attempted tries that are knocked on that's why some sides are running it more on the last.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Or for a missed field goal, my pet peave about it.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm77 wrote:I hate the damn seven tackle rule on restarts.
I think the idea is there; play more expansive footy on the last tackle instead of kicking all the time. But the problem is kicking on the last play is a mainstay in rugby league so you can't really "coach" it out of the players.

Same thing with junior footy and the first receiver/dummy half bibs; exempt from the two pass rule of you are wearing them but in my first round of games last weekend they couldn't stop doing two passes.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater wanting to rush back so he can play rep footy piss anyone else off ?