Rd 8 vs Manly - ANZAC Day

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Putrid, absolutely putrid refereeing. Gifted 2 trys and 1 penalty goal to Manly. I am disgusted.
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Those three penalties in a row (the first two really soft, and the third just worth a penalty) turned the game.
Our second. Half was crap, but the refs gave Manly the confidence (and freem shots at the line) they needed to score.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Monsoon
Monsoon

Fonua needs to go, was pathetic tonight, as does Proctor, both added nothing, both should have scored. NAS looked good in very limited minutes, losing Marika for 10 minutes hurt to the concussion test. Munster was great but I think at afew crucial moments tonight where Billy would have got us over the line by injecting himself in the attack Munster didn't. Tough loss to take I hate losing to these grubs always seem to play their GF against us every year. Onwards and upwards could easily have been 8 from 8, 3 losses all by under 2 points. The penalty Manly got for Taufua been "held off the ball" was laughable and they scored off that set but we just didnt throw a return punch, a single 2nd half try would have won us the game and we couldnt find it. Next game i would go with:

1. Slater
2. Munster
3. Chambers
4. Mann
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith (c)
10. McLean
11. Hinchcliffe
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. Asofa-Solomona
15. Kaufusi
16. Glasby
17. Hunt
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep the three straight penalties were pathetic - Munster did an amazing job to stop a try. .. but who was meant to be on the wing?? It was left open both times. .. should never have been a try, at least not that easily.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A couple of those penalties were laughable. And the Proctor knock on to give them 7 tackles.

We blew a chance to push our lead in the first half. Really poor execution on a few plays which could've lead to tries.

Still trying to work out what Proctor does to help us...
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Monsoon
Monsoon

We are 2nd you are still 16th GTFO
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

OK so this is why I'm laughing

You guys going off about the ref who was a hometown ref if I've ever seen one

Joke penalty against Matai,won't miss a game, abhorrent penalty against Stewart who also won't do time

Penalty counts are decieving

All but one Melbourne penalty came when you got bogged down getting out of trouble getting monstered by the odds on favorites for the spoon, who you've lost to twice this year

Most of the manly penalties came on 1st or second tackle deep in the Melbourne half,in the last 5 minutes there was an awful non call for a blatent penalty taking Hiku down after he stood to play the ball

Against the odds and a massive injury toll we had no place winning,especially with Checcin in charge

Good luck until the finals,I'm pretty confident we'll be meeting again
Monsoon
Monsoon

Both your tries we from wrong penalty calls, plain and simple. You can justify it anyway you want. I understand thats not manlys fault, but its certainly the referees.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mann & Cronk missed 8 tackles between them tonight, the same as the other 15 players combined. Very strange from 2 of our stronger defenders.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:Both your tries we from wrong penalty calls, plain and simple. You can justify it anyway you want. I understand thats not manlys fault, but its certainly the referees.
The refs have been awful for years

They are a consistent blight upon the NRL

With each new refs boss comes a new level of horrid

It's at the point where i watched the tigers won last night and that's the maybe 3rd non manly game I've watched all year,i watched the dragons and roosters but that's an Anzac thing more than a football thing

Our opinions differ on who got the raw end of the stick but we both love our teams so we're both going to be biased no matter what, no matter how hard we try, but we do agree they are just terrible i believe

Again best of luck until we meet again
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Fact is Manly got gifted field position that led to match winning scores in both games this year. Bullshit penalties gave you the only chances you had to win.
Well done for taking them, but even biased as you are you have to admit that they were undeserved.
And as for worm's elbow to the face; accident my arse. But he'll get nothing. If he can run 30 metres to throw a punch at the back of Blairs' head and only get a week, we'll be lucky if our guy isn't suspended for hitting scumbag's elbow with his face.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disappointing to lose that one. Had chances to put the game away but didn't.

Mann seemed to be favouring a hand or wrist injury about 20 or 25 minutes into game. Unfortunately it was Mann who got caught out with that last try. He was on wing whilst MK5 was off.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mann did that hand wrist injury in the last game

I just hate manly...I bet that starts their run to the finals...so angry

Crap day losing but onwards and upwards

At least the thunderbolts won
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I must be the only STORM supporter who doesn`t hate moanly... I hate the mangy mutts and the worms more than anything.
chez how can you say the penalty against thug matai was a joke ..it was high. and did deserve to be put on report. the stewart one was an accident. the tom somebody try was a double movement going on what has been disallowed this season but of course you got lucky. The penalty against Fonau for tackling the player without the ball was the biggest joke.(and you know it). It should have been our ball but of course that would have made it impossible for moanly to win so they helped you along. I`m sure we won`t play you lot again this season.