Rd 7 vs Roosters

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1.Munster
2.Fonua
3.Chambers
4.Mann
5.Koroibete
6.Green
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith (c)
10.McLean
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.Finucane
14.Hinchcliffe
15.Glasby
16.Weston
17.Kaufusi
18.Hampton
19.K.Bromwich
20.Hunt
21.Learoyd-Lahrs
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Wonder how much we'd like to rest Cronk ?
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Do you want the bad news or the bad news... Ashley Klein is our referee on Saturday night.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he's a referee? since when? we're boned
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:Do you want the bad news or the bad news... Ashley Klein is our referee on Saturday night.
Remind me - which terrible referee is this one? It's hard to keep track.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:
Scooter wrote:Do you want the bad news or the bad news... Ashley Klein is our referee on Saturday night.
Lol. He is the one who cost us a double chance last year with two incorrect decisions in last three minutes v Knights.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Please, please rest cronk , premierships aren't won in April
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There are a few "whispers" about that Cronk is not playing and Hampton is.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

glennb wrote:There are a few "whispers" about that Cronk is not playing and Hampton is.
Well if that's the case it is over to Blake Green if we want to win on Saturday.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
absentee wrote:
Lol. He is the one who cost us a double chance last year with two incorrect decisions in last three minutes v Knights.
And against the titans..when he said bird was stripped of the ball when he just dropped it cold penalty gave them the win
against the panthers (at AAMI Park) he sent Billy to the bin for the most softest penalty .
Same game he gave penalty to panthers in the last couple of seconds..luckily Wallace missed. klown was shattered
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am really surprised they didn`t put luke patten in the video ref box or would that look too obvious.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Against Manly he was the video ref. He award a try when the on field ref called no try. All the replays showed it was not a try, but he saw it differently. We still won when Mann caught a Cronk kick in the dying minutes. I bet he was crying in the video box.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The Knights game is the most recent one that sits in my mind. But obviously lots of examples from last year. I have a couple of mates who are Roosters fan and they reckon they are in all sorts because Klein is refereeing and he normally screws them. We are two of the most penalised sides so there could be 30 penalties blown.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

But we will still loose the penalty count. The was a story a couple of weeks ago about how the Roosters have gone 11 rounds of NRL (last year and this year combined) and not won a penalty. I would put money on them getting more penalties this week.
Kya
Squall
Squall

I have no love for Klein but the Titans penalty was actually called by Ben Cummins not Klein. Cummins and also Checchin are both generally very consistent refs but when they stuff up it is always a massive blunder (7 tackle try, wrong player sent off etc)

Klein is the prick who engineered the Newcastle loss and was subsequently dropped from reffing first grade. We never win a penalty count with him (not that we win one anyway) and is certainly of all refs, the most inconsistent in that he refs both sides very differently in a game. And yes, he was responsible for the panthers game send off and the b/s reffing in the Warriors game last year.

Seriously he is part of the reason ppl become disillusioned with the sport.

In our case he penalises us and generally lets the other side get away with the exact same thing. In every game we had him last year, Storm spoke to the refs boss following the game due to inconsistency.

Put $100 on us losing penalty count.