Round 5 v NZ Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Glad Mahe is back in the team. He offers us some real power running which we distinctly lack when compared to other teams (MK5 and Jesse excluded).
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hunt was there but did not train with the team that looks like playing Monday night. Mahe did twist his knee during training and have to have it looked at. But he did the finish the training session. Maybe if his knee pulls up sore, Hunt might get a go.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I reckon Hunt is being groomed towards a bench role, he played prop in Qld Cup on the weekend.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Young is playing qcup Mahe isnt
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally I think we need a bit of height on at least one wing. I do have confidence in Mahe though as he can leap for a man of his size.
Up against Vatuvei they'll be tested.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So Kenny didn't play Qld Cup yesterday. That doesn't necessarily mean he will be playing today. He may just be 18th man. In Mahe out Young might be only change.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fine with dropping Young. However, I don't think Mahe's deserved the call up to first grade.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Rumour going around cam smith is out, anyone hear or know of this
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to late mail, only one change to team one Victorian for another. In: Mahe Out: Young. Cam Smith named in team.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Marika Koroibete best on ground, i have a complete man crush on him, what a player!! Poor penalty given away by Cap leading up to the Warriors only try, other than that its been a good half, special mention to a busted Billy saving a certain try with that ankle tap on Johnson!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Oh Marika *swoon*
Monsoon
Monsoon

OHHHHH MARIKAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!
Monsoon
Monsoon

I need a cigarette

Great game by the boys, still got to work on the discipline but overall a very good effort, and some amazing tries!!

Koroibete MOTM, also very impressed with Mann & McLean tonight.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What's the point in playing Weston ? Played 7 mins have 2 penalties for 10 tackles n 34 run meters off 4 runs, I'd rather tommy nas or k brom in there
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

That was a very entertaining game.
Koro is worth the price of admission alone.
This is going to come across as strange and it will no doubt upset some people so I will try to word it properly, but:

why do we make a home game so accommodating for the away team? The haka? A 'cultural Maori' dance?
Please. It's bad enough selling a home game to Napier, so why do we have to do this at our home game?
I can't imagine the crowd at Mt Smart being so accommodating when we have to travel there.

PS: I have nothing against Kiwis - some of my best mates are Kiwis - it's about making OUR home game OUR HOME.