Rd 4 @ North Queensland.

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
NevilleB
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Another 2014 effort
Monsoon
Monsoon

Mentally weak team, nothing surprises me anymore, even up by 7 with 3 minutes to go you could see we were gonna fluff it, pathetic.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I bet Smith and Brandy are jerking each other off in the commentary box over that. Smith sounded like he wanted to slit his wrists when Koroibete got that penalty.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How do we let them get such a roll on! We need to put 80 minutes of football together. Not this 20 minutes here and there.

Also I hate saying it, Smiths poor conversions cost us again
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Piss poor performance and we deserved to lose!

However, it was 2 super soft penalties in the last 5 minutes that got them back - did anyone notice that it was Perenara standing over the "strip" but it was the other ref 20 metres away who called it?

Then Slater taken out twice trying to charge down field goal attempts.

We deserved to lose, but it took the refs for them to win.

Hope Bellamy sends them all home on the bus.
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ive seen teams throw away games before, but that was another level, you couldnt make this stuff up, such a tough loss to take, the boys will be gutted.
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Farking pathetic. You just knew we would lose that game. Amazed how we manage to find ways to lose unloseable games. A penalty in the last set...are you farking kidding me?

We should be 4 and 0. Now we're 2 and 2 and no doubt we'll play the Warriors back into form as well.

I thought we spent the off season building a mentally tougher team. Pigs arse. We played crap that second half and allowed JT to give us a masterclass on how to play footy.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Disgraceful, lose after leading by 7 with 3 minutes to go. Taumalolo, Hannant and couple of other boys smashed us in second half.

Weston made one run I can remember other than that don't remember him doing anything. Either he is not providing enough or not getting enough game time. Either way he should head back to Qld Cup. Did Kaufusi get a run in second half?

In last 20 minutes I thought Hinchy was our best. Made a couple of good runs to set up FG attempts and made some important last ditch tackles.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I'm sick a tired of these pathetic refs! This game is going backwards. 3 of the softest penalties of all time in the last 3 minutes helped the cowboys there.

What a joke
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I don't think I've ever been more infuriated watching a game of football.

That was just so gutless. The best sides put team's away - that penalty on their last set. That was the moment you knew the Storm had lost their grip on the contest. Where was the composure?

Dreadful stuff. That's two games on the road the Storm should have won now. 2014 all over again.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Agreed, hinchy was phenomenal and one of the few players that gave his all in those last 10 minutes, too many plodders like Weston and Glasby on the field at such a crucial time, I believe Glasby gave away the strip penalty for them to tie the game, absolute moron. Im in absolute shock still, How did we lose that game? F###!!!!!!
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

It's been a long long time since I have been that disappointed with a Storm performance.
That's real Muppet Murray stuff. They stumbled through the first half on the back of opposition mistakes and the score line flattered them. In the second half the opposition forwards made 5 meters after contact every run.
Very fortunate we weren't playing a decent team.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A wet flannel would have more impact than Weston.
Brian
Squall
Squall

Heaven help us come origin time ..we rely on starting the season well to keep us up with the front runners during origin ::)
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

Brian wrote:Heaven help us come origin time ..we rely on starting the season well to keep us up with the front runners during origin ::)
We're doomed. Doomed.