Rd 3 vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

coupy73 wrote:what was Ennis doing in the crowd at the northern end during their warm up. Heard a bit of applause and saw him coming back onto the field through one of the boundary gates???
I read on social media he kicked a ball into the crowd and hit a young girl in the face. Apparently he went into the crowd to give her a ball and apologise. Cannot confirm though.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm assuming others noticed the channel 9 commentators discussing Bromwich becoming an 80 minute player on Sat night. J Brom was managing 60-65 mins last year without too much trouble (only 55mins Sat night).

Can he do it and still ensure complete quality?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Also, big props to Cam for his goal kicking. He cops it pretty bad when he misses a few (and fair enough, he can be quite average)... but the kicking boots were definitely on Sat night.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JimmyThunder wrote:....It's pretty easy to know when to pass when you are sitting on the couch watching....
Yes, about as easy as it is to press the quote button.

I can't help but feel Mahe would be the preferred option, if his defense was as good as Kurt has been.... but I'm not going to ignore what I see - I also mentioned that I might not be as critical if it wasn't for who is on the wing.... and given how good he's been going, I'd be looking for him every time - but that seems to be rare.

Not that any of that matters when the team is winning. ... sort of like how cam kicking wonderfully hasn't rated a mention - but after a loss, if he's anything but 100%, it's one of the first things brought up.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I had that typed before you posted yh...I swear! :)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote:haven't heard Storm D yet. Hopefully they got rid of it. This is good.
Took me about a quarter of the way through to realise it had gone! I'm happy about that. Annoying as all get out!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:I'm assuming others noticed the channel 9 commentators discussing Bromwich becoming an 80 minute player on Sat night. J Brom was managing 60-65 mins last year without too much trouble (only 55mins Sat night).

nine didn't call that game...
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

yourhero wrote:
coupy73 wrote:what was Ennis doing in the crowd at the northern end during their warm up. Heard a bit of applause and saw him coming back onto the field through one of the boundary gates???
I read on social media he kicked a ball into the crowd and hit a young girl in the face. Apparently he went into the crowd to give her a ball and apologise. Cannot confirm though.
Mick Ennis is the biggest contridiction in the game. On the field he is (as Hindy called him) a Grub! but off the field and in the media he is a well spoken, guy who makes iteligent comments and seems a decent fella. I don't know if I'm allowed to like him or not!!!
I suppose if he is in your team he's great and doing his job. A bit like when Cam Smith plays for QLD!!!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

LESStar58 wrote:
yourhero wrote:I'm assuming others noticed the channel 9 commentators discussing Bromwich becoming an 80 minute player on Sat night. J Brom was managing 60-65 mins last year without too much trouble (only 55mins Sat night).

nine didn't call that game...
My mistake, Fox commentators.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

coupy73 wrote:
yourhero wrote:
Mick Ennis is the biggest contridiction in the game. On the field he is (as Hindy called him) a Grub! but off the field and in the media he is a well spoken, guy who makes iteligent comments and seems a decent fella. I don't know if I'm allowed to like him or not!!!
I suppose if he is in your team he's great and doing his job. A bit like when Cam Smith plays for QLD!!!
Funny you say that, I have been saying the same thing watching him on NRL on Fox this season. Can't cop the bloke on the field, but he comes across well in that forum off-field. Possibly one of the all time great white line fever sufferers
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

My view of the on field discussion between Gallen and Ennis:

Gallen: Are you thinking what I'm thinking, Grub 1?
Ennis: I think I am, Grub 2.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

LESStar58 wrote:
tugga wrote:haven't heard Storm D yet. Hopefully they got rid of it. This is good.
Took me about a quarter of the way through to realise it had gone! I'm happy about that. Annoying as all get out!
It was especially annoying when the substitute ground announcer was calling for it. Absolutely cringe-worthy. One time I'm pretty sure he had no idea what was going on because the other team had already scored and he was still droning on.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Green very good in both attack and defence. Mann good in defence and willing in attack but does need to pass more.

MK5 magnificent again. Speaking of MK5, penalty against him was a joke and what about Barba's feet / knees when MK5 scored. If Billy was in the same situation he would have been hung drawn and quartered. Nothing mentioned about it.

Harris destroyed Barba, played very well.

Jury still out on Weston and Kaufusi (although he is young).
So I see Barba got charged for his effort on MK5 and his dangerous throw on Mann. Yet we got nothing for either on Saturday.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

At least he has to miss 2 weeks for it.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Leading stats for Sharks game
Metres gained
MK5 172 metres
Harris 159 metres
Chambers 138 metres