Rd 3 vs Sharks

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought Jmac and Harris stepped up BIG TIME tonight and it was needed especially with limited performances from proctor and bromwich (perhaps I just didnt tkae notice of them but I swear it was quiet for them tonight)

Mann proved me wrong and this humble pie tastes good, keep it coming kid. However, why did we neglect our right side so much? Chambers and Young had some limited ball but they were given shit opportunities, either too close to the line and chambers could not push a pass across to young or it would be chambers 1 on 2 with the sideline close to him.

The last 15 minutes should worry the coaches a bit, cronk is off and with some momentum behind the sharks we were lucky to not leak more points. That last effort didnt reflect the game.

also BRING BACK THE lima lima lima duck LAP
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that Storm D looks like a thing of the past.
STORM MAN
Squall
Squall

The second phase play that Bromwich and now also Kafusi will bring and add double trouble in attack with the inclusion of Green on the left really adds alot to our chances this year. We were getting pretty predictable there for a couple of years due to not having a game winner or game changer since we lost Inglis. Just happy for the boys and hope they believe we got the goods for another crack at glory and we as fans get to join in on the ride. GO THE MIGHTY MELBOURNE STORM
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote:I thought Jmac and Harris stepped up BIG TIME tonight and it was needed especially with limited performances from proctor and bromwich (perhaps I just didnt tkae notice of them but I swear it was quiet for them tonight)

Mann proved me wrong and this humble pie tastes good, keep it coming kid. However, why did we neglect our right side so much? Chambers and Young had some limited ball but they were given shit opportunities, either too close to the line and chambers could not push a pass across to young or it would be chambers 1 on 2 with the sideline close to him.

The last 15 minutes should worry the coaches a bit, cronk is off and with some momentum behind the sharks we were lucky to not leak more points. That last effort didnt reflect the game.

also BRING BACK THE *lima lima lima duck* LAP
I reckon the game plan was to target Barba is all. Good to see the game plan will change up depending on the opposition & we've got options across the paddock...
Cronk does seem a bit off but maybe that's because he has always been so dominate in the past years...of everyone he probably has to make the most adjustment...awesome to know what he can do if the need arises :)
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Warriors fans can keep stroking their pee pees over Manu Vatuvei as much as they want... I will take MK5 over him any day of the week. Not as big as Manu but still just as devastating when he runs it back and just as good a finisher.

I think the only outside backs guaranteed a spot in first grade every week are Billy, Chambers and MK5. I'm still not entirely convinced about Young but he's doing well and is a fantastic advertisement for local kids (the year I started reffing was the year he played under 18s for Thunder). Still i would much rather a fit Duffie. Same with Mahe. Local junior who has Come on in leaps and bounds since he debuted but how hard is it gonna be to pick between him and Mann? Mann was brilliant last night.

Green. Finally the problem at five-eighth is solved. Perfect foil for Coops. Hampton is shit outta luck getting in to first grade this year.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Two more.

McLean; we all know just how good he is and how good and he will end up being (I think he'll play Origin eventually) but that him being scapegoated for the McKinnon tackle last year affected him and I don't think he reached his full potential. Now its a new season and its all behind him and he is now a starting prop I think he's just going to get better every round to the point that'll he play for Country this year.

And Felise Kaufusi; in time he will develop himself a lethal Jesse Bromwich like offload. Poked his nose through the defensive line a few times. Always had plenty of support but could never get the arm free.
storm77
Squall
Squall

I just have to say it.
I lima lima lima duck HATE REF-CAM.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with that, you can't see anything on it, it's jumpy and nauseating and it's just one more thing to distract a group who are generally 87 kinds of special (none of them good) anyway.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our left edge has a really good chance at being our biggest weapon once they learn how to play with each other. I think having that experience 5/8 there now controlling that side, things are only going to get better. For those who are saying Mann should pass more. He had 15 receives and only ran it 7 times for 98 metres. He's no Koroibete, but he's a good ball runner himself.

McLean played his best game of his career. A nice bounce back game after a sloppy opening two weeks.
Finucane's minutes down again. Not sure if Bellamy was pissed off at him for giving away a few cheap penalties or just resting him, but he's had a huge impact so far when he's been on.
Proctor is giving us nothing in attack atm. Really unsure what is role is outside of when we're attacking from 20 metres out from the try line.

I don't think we've truly been tested yet, but we look much better defensively. Only concern I have is how quickly we turn into last years defence when teams start throwing it around more.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:And Felise Kaufusi; in time he will develop himself a lethal Jesse Bromwich like offload. Poked his nose through the defensive line a few times. Always had plenty of support but could never get the arm free.
He definitely had one good offload, had his arm free on a couple of other occasions without much support - at least none that were in a position he could pass to..
blazza18 wrote:For those who are saying Mann should pass more. He had 15 receives and only ran it 7 times for 98 metres. He's no Koroibete, but he's a good ball runner himself.
The bulk of those metres were during a passage of play where he had an overlap in front of him, all he really had to do was draw and pass.....I'm pretty sure Koroibete has him for pace - and even though no one can know for sure, it looked to me like if he had of passed early on it would have been another try. As i alluded to, he's Steve Bell (which isn't all bad...but he too had a knack for not knowing when to keep the ball moving) It wasn't the only occasion in the game when i thought to myself that passing it would have been the best option...but it was the most notable. Maybe if Kurt wasn't playing inside MK5, i'd be less critical....but he is, so i am.

If we can hang on to the ball like that every week, things will keep getting better - and should be more than a match for most teams in the comp...and definitely able to compete with the best. The Cowboys away is a bit of a concern though......I can't see them being anything but fired up, and even though they are sitting down the bottom, could be the biggest test yet....leaving NQ with 2 points will be a tough ask!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MK5 has the potential to be one of, if not the, best wingers we've ever had. And I say that with full deference to Marcus Bai, Matt Geyer, Steve Turner, Anthony Quinn and Sisa Waqa. MK5 is just a well of untapped (so far) potential and I get up out of my seat with every touch.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

what was Ennis doing in the crowd at the northern end during their warm up. Heard a bit of applause and saw him coming back onto the field through one of the boundary gates???
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Not sure where to put this, but here's an interview with Bellamy;

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-22/i ... tion=sport
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Harris in for a big year now he has a 6 who can play a bit alongside him.

He was hamstrung last year next to Roberts.
JimmyThunder
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:
LESStar58 wrote:And Felise Kaufusi; in time he will develop himself a lethal Jesse Bromwich like offload. Poked his nose through the defensive line a few times. Always had plenty of support but could never get the arm free.
He definitely had one good offload, had his arm free on a couple of other occasions without much support - at least none that were in a position he could pass to..
blazza18 wrote:For those who are saying Mann should pass more. He had 15 receives and only ran it 7 times for 98 metres. He's no Koroibete, but he's a good ball runner himself.
The bulk of those metres were during a passage of play where he had an overlap in front of him, all he really had to do was draw and pass.....I'm pretty sure Koroibete has him for pace - and even though no one can know for sure, it looked to me like if he had of passed early on it would have been another try. As i alluded to, he's Steve Bell (which isn't all bad...but he too had a knack for not knowing when to keep the ball moving) It wasn't the only occasion in the game when i thought to myself that passing it would have been the best option...but it was the most notable. Maybe if Kurt wasn't playing inside MK5, i'd be less critical....but he is, so i am.

If we can hang on to the ball like that every week, things will keep getting better - and should be more than a match for most teams in the comp...and definitely able to compete with the best. The Cowboys away is a bit of a concern though......I can't see them being anything but fired up, and even though they are sitting down the bottom, could be the biggest test yet....leaving NQ with 2 points will be a tough ask!
It's pretty easy to know when to pass when you are sitting on the couch watching?. We need to get behind these young guys they are the future of the storm. Good to get the 2 points at home well done and hope we can get over top of the Cowboys next Monday night.