Round 2 vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I expect the side to have only 1 change as I don't think Jesse or Finucane will get rubbed out.

Likely 17:

1.Slater
2.Tonumaipea
3.Chambers
4.Mann
5.Koroibete
6.Green
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith (c)
10.McLean
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.Finucane
14.Hinchcliffe
15.Glasby
16.Weston
17.Learoyd Lahrs if fit or K.Bromwich - can't see him blooding a first gamer like NAS at Brookvale.
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I believe that NAS may have been 18th man for the dragons game? perhaps he would get the look in over TLL...

ps - i dont rate weston at all and would rather he make way for TLL.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Weston had very little game time I think? He had at least one decent run - he's a big fella and I've thought for a while now, based on the minimal game time he's had, that surely he deserves a fair crack. ...might be a fitness thing? I have no idea, I'm sure Bellamy has a good reason for not playing him..

That said, I'd be more than happy to see K-Brom in the side - he's impressed me every time. Though Id also like to see TLL play.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:Weston had very little game time I think? He had at least one decent run - he's a big fella and I've thought for a while now, based on the minimal game time he's had, that surely he deserves a fair crack. ...might be a fitness thing? I have no idea, I'm sure Bellamy has a good reason for not playing him..

That said, I'd be more than happy to see K-Brom in the side - he's impressed me every time. Though Id also like to see TLL play.
I think it's a discipline thing, if he sorts that out, he'll be a fringe first grader for us
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kaufusi...1 week

Jesse B.... charged with a grade 1......no weeks

Dale Finucane ...not charged

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 7257180768

ps...if it wont launch with a left click......right click it and launch in a private window
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

same 17 as last night named
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Should be a much tougher test this week. If we hold onto the ball, our forward pack should be able to run over the top of them.
stormdog
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I'm not sure about kenny bromich, i think he has had his chance, he makes quite a few errors and doesnt have a big impact off the bench, i know he is Jesse's brother but i dont think he is up to the standards of NRL every week.

Personally id like to see NAS given the opportunity... belly needs to get him out there asap...

i looked at a few of his interviews as a young kid and he comes across like if he knows he has incredible ability and that maybe if he doesnt get much opportunity here at the storm to play 1st grade he would probably move on and get snapped up by a sydney club....

on another note.... i liked what i saw with kurt mann foot work wise, but he lacks in power and gets dominated, he could potentially be a 5/8 for us.. blake green was solid and was an inch from a 40/20... but we need a ball running 5/8 to compliment cooper...

just my thoughts :)
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I too would like to see Kurt Mann get a go at 5/8 at some point although Blake Green did a decent job in his first hit out and I'm not ready to scrap him just yet.

A bit harsh on Kenny Bromwich I reckon, he has a lot of upside and was very close to a Kiwi jersey early last year.

I want NAS in the side ASAP too, I just doubt Bellamy would blood a first gamer at Brookvale.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd be looking at NAS in place of Weston in our best side anyway, not K Brom
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yea, I'm not sure what role Weston has in the team really. Seems like he's just there to be there. Would hope both TLL and NAS are ahead of him soon enough.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I think this is going to be a tougher game than against St. George. Manly will surely bounce back from their embarrassment last week and the final margin is probably going to be less than four points either way. In saying this, we simply cannot afford to have poor discipline against Manly at Brookie.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mattstormy wrote:I think this is going to be a tougher game than against St. George. Manly will surely bounce back from their embarrassment last week and the final margin is probably going to be less than four points either way. In saying this, we simply cannot afford to have poor discipline against Manly at Brookie.
Agreed. We put ourselves in a sh*tty position against the Dragons. Dropped ball and soft penalties. We barely built any pressure all game.

If we do that this week, I don't think we will get the win.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I see a good win this week. I think we will be mentally tougher than moanly....long neck gone, foran gone.(I know it is for next season but to find out about both in the space of a day has got to be disheartening for the team)..
STORM WILL BE UP FOR THIS ONE.. :swav: :swav: :swav:
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

We definatly don't want manly having all those extra sets against us as the Dragons did , im not so sure our defence was as good as people make out coz their attack was very average ! even without foran they will be up for this game.
We need to give away less penalties and start ball playing more .
How good would it be too be 2-0 and both away games !
Go Storm !