Round 2 vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormdog wrote:I agree with all the calls in respect to the dodgy ref decisions.

But lets break it down as to why we didn't come away with the points:

- Manly were always going to be up for this game given the position of their club.
- 5 day turnaround... belly commented before the game they had 2 x 20 minute practice runs the whole week... this took its toll... we needed alot work coming out of the dragons game and didnt have any time to work at it...
- Young T is not cut out for first grade... he is average i get that he is a Victorian product and the nostalgia surrounding it all but he makes too many mistakes and i'm always holding my breathe when he gets the ball. Fonua is a better winger as he brings so much punch coming back from kick returns.
- Billy Slater got some rough treatment the whole night... blocking, taken out.. etc...
- Dayne Weston is the biggest dero dreg that adds nothing to the team.. did he even take a hit up? imagine NAS out there ? enthusiastic young kid yearning to play first grade...
- whenever our starting front row comes off we get points put on us.. it shows that we have an in effective bench in TLL & Weston.
- as soon as bromich comes on we score points, dominate the ruck and get good go forward.. hence why id get rid of at least weston.... im not convinced TLL is ideal for us either.. the modern day prop has foot work.. TLL doesnt, weston doesnt... look at JWH.. how good was he back in the day but now..... he has no foot work hence why he has dropped off the NZ team... and the same will be found out about guys like David klemmer... YOU NEED FOOT WORK !!!
- we need more agression in our pack... we need a jermey smith type of player... we dont have that..
- very disappointing game for mclean... too many penalties.. he'll get dropped or benched next round....

Some good points:

- I like Blake Green, he helps cooper out so much more by being that extra ball player in the back line... great 2 x trys too... i like what i see...
- Marika is a absolute champ.. just before he made that break i said to the Mrs.. watch Marika.. he will carve now.. boom he did.... such a good player...
- Glasby, awesome running... but dont be fooled.. remember he was fresh legs and Protor plays alot of minutes so dont be hard on him...
- cam smith kicked well tonight bar one.... he kicked a screamer from the sideline... everyone was quick to forget that...
- Chambers carved matai.. although i think matai is injured and past his best...
- Mann has awesome footwork... i'm trying to think where he is best suited though... if he was 5 kgs heavier he would be great...

rumours:
- Nate Myles to the storm.... thoughts? i dont think we need him...

Nostalgic
- i miss GI.. imagine if we had him still... unstoppable....
Myles linked to Storm? Link or its bullshit... having said that I would take him at Melbourne in a heart beat!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yourhero wrote:
sallymay wrote:Just said stuff about the refs

Your hero...I don't want young to get in trouble and media ppl read this page
Sal, if you're concerned, why mention it?
Exactly. If its potentially harmful to anybody just keep it in the vault!
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Dale Finucane set to miss this week after being charged with dangerous contact on Peta Hiku.
What a lima lima lima duck joke that is. If Hiku doesn't stay down, nothing happens.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They will bring in TLL and Kenny or Kaufusi back
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the stars all alligned for moanly win this week.
Short turnaround for Storm.
2 x20 min training sessions
4 flights for Storm
moanly had had 8 day break....nrl planned that well.
Storm 2 interstate games in 6 days
moanly 2 home town games
inept reffing.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Knock on given a try
Ballin penalized for offside,Blair didn't touch the ball at all and given a recent grand final call accidental offside isn't a penalty,this penalty for a phantom touch lead directly to Melbourne scoring

NRL giving us help is a joke, they using the money of all the clubs paid for the heist on our halfback and Greenberg has done everything he can to disadvantage us
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blazza18 wrote:
Scooter wrote:Dale Finucane set to miss this week after being charged with dangerous contact on Peta Hiku.
What a *lima lima lima duck* joke that is. If Hiku doesn't stay down, nothing happens.
NAS got a week from his NYC appearance too.