Round 2 vs Manly

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol

all I can say is im proud of the storm to come back the way they did...they didn't let in another try in the second half so bluh lets leave it at that
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Watching the cowboys game badger calls it try simular to ours and its given.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bushman wrote:Watching the cowboys game badger calls it try simular to ours and its given.
And Glasby's try was far less contentious than the Cowboys one.

Tonight's game is so disheartening. I love RL as a sport and enjoy watching it more than any other sport... but the way the game is administered is embarrassing. I wish I could just switch off like a big part of me wants to.

An amateur game masquerading as professional.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Archer said correct "process" was used for Glasby. Usually that's ref speak for process was right even if decision wasn't.

Also said hadn't reviewed Tonumaipea no try so can't comment on it. So what's the point of holding a press conference.

Just lip service.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

im 100% thinking young will either be fined or suspended for the facebook post he just wrote...I love him for it but
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

what did he say?
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

He said, "Those refs were great tonight".

The fact that the game wants to sweep one of the biggest problems under the rug and punish anyone that dares mention them, is a complete joke.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just said stuff about the refs

Your hero...I don't want young to get in trouble and media ppl read this page
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:Just said stuff about the refs

Your hero...I don't want young to get in trouble and media ppl read this page
Sal, if you're concerned, why mention it?

I seriously doubt he can be punished for praising them. Even with (presumably) tongue in cheek.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's true lol
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

This these happen to us last year and ended us costing a spot in the top four. Des Hasler gets his "fine" this week and the Bulldogs get four penalties in the first six minutes on Friday night and win the plenty count 9-4. Best money he never had to pay. Tings will never change because we are not in Sydney.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

How many more games will we be disadvantaged due to consistent poor conversion attempts
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i was kind of hoping he'd let rip, just to force a better response from the nrl.

he played his best game for us tonight though, showed he belongs.
Cherry_Poppins
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

glennb wrote:This these happen to us last year and ended us costing a spot in the top four. Des Hasler gets his "fine" this week and the Bulldogs get four penalties in the first six minutes on Friday night and win the plenty count 9-4. Best money he never had to pay. Tings will never change because we are not in Sydney.
Wait a moment

You blokes are going off about bad refs
We're going off about them too

Double movement was a lineball call, ref said no try so no try it remained but they rode you blokes home a fair way didn't they? So many dodgy penalties going one way in the second half to make a contest out of it all after a quick call of no try that could've went either way on review

I won't say if it was or was not a try but the on field official would've gotten benefit of the doubt anyway

But let's look at the facts

Both coaches should consider losing $10k because those refs were terrible

Good luck until we meet again
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

If any of you out there watch Brett Stewart's first try, I believed he didn't even ground the ball.
It seemed like he sorta knew he didn't, but he was already flying out of the in-goal.

I say have another look, just my opinion, but he seems to be all elbow and no grounding.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]