ANZAC DAY

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Can someone explain to me why we have to buy tickets for ANZAC Day this year. I know that we buy tickets, even if we have a membership because it is our biggest home game, lots of Warriors fans come to the game, the seats are nearly always sold out and it says so every year membership book. But this year it is not against the Warriors. It is against Manly and the game will go nowhere near selling out. I know Manly is a great rival but there is not going to be any more the a few hundred Manly fans there. It is not a long weekend and Manly fans rarely travel to away games in Sydney let alone going to Melbourne.

If the Storm management claim the have the right to move a home game, why can they not change the rules for the ANZAC Day game. Why do members have to pay again this year?
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Here is a brain wave if it happens every year then allocate seating with the membership just for that one game and if you want to change it to sit with friend then you pay. That's got to be less work for everyone you would think, they don't have every member ringing up and most members don't have to run around or pay more.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

It's only GA members (which I am one), that are impacted.

The club would still be hoping for a big crowd, so don't want to have problems where sell outs are not actually full because members don't attend. It's a pain, and the fact that the ticket companies charge $7.50 as a transaction fee is a disgrace (not the club's fault!)

I still expect a crowd of around 23k
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I know there are a lot of Kiwis at regular Anzac Day game. There are also a lot of Pies and Bombers fans who come over after AFL game. Agree don't think Manly game will sell out but should still be a good crowd. (Slightly off topic) One of the reasons I am surprised we moved Dragons home game is that we usually get a good crowd for them too.

I have a reserved seat so am not impacted re having to book a seat. But agree it is a joke you have to ring and book and pay extra. Maybe you could nominate the people when you renew your membership who you wnat to sit with and then they can did it automatically.

GlennB sorry to be the potential bearer of bad news but is there a chance that you may have to do same for Easter Monday v Warriors.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I emailed the club and asked for a ticket to the Anzac day game instead of a 1/12 refund.

No response. Disgraceful.
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Another reason to potentially quit my membership at the end of the year. Seriously, this club is starting to hold the members to ransom. $25 to go to a trial game, moving a home game to NZ and now this. So that is going to be 10/12 games we can use our membership card. What is happening to this club?

After reviewing all options at the end of the year, I believe it is going to be more in favour not to renew for 2016 and beyond.
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

glennb wrote:Can someone explain to me why we have to buy tickets for ANZAC Day this year. I know that we buy tickets, even if we have a membership because it is our biggest home game, lots of Warriors fans come to the game, the seats are nearly always sold out and it says so every year membership book. But this year it is not against the Warriors. It is against Manly and the game will go nowhere near selling out. I know Manly is a great rival but there is not going to be any more the a few hundred Manly fans there. It is not a long weekend and Manly fans rarely travel to away games in Sydney let alone going to Melbourne.

If the Storm management claim the have the right to move a home game, why can they not change the rules for the ANZAC Day game. Why do members have to pay again this year?
They do it because there is a good chance the general admission area will sell out. Next year pay the $20 extra per adult and get a reserved cheer squad seat and you won't have to worry.