Round 1 vs Dragons

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:Happy to see Felise get named for his debut.
+1
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I went to training to today and Cam is playing. Either he or Harris will do the goal kicking. Cooper a bit of field goal practice. Blake Green does a lot of directing on the field, I do not know how that will work on the field. They did look really good and did so exciting plays. The players had a field goal shoot out at the end and a few forwards can kick them. Only down side was Koroibete dropped/knocked the ball five times. After the last one Craig was not happy.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm a little worried about the high ball with Nabuli against Young.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

glennb wrote:Either he or Harris will do the goal kicking.
Would like to see Tohu given another shot at kicking.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Doesn't Blake Green kick goals?
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He did not take any kicks at goals on Friday. He missed the one field goal he tried, it did not even make the distance. He did spend about 5 minutes practicing 40/20 kicks. He got about 40% of them.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he has not had a single shot in his fg career according to rugby league project
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

NAS would kick goals from time to time in his college rugby.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yes, that's where Tohu got some experience too and one little teeny bit of kicking coaching one day at school from an All Black kicker lol ;D (can't remember which one). Played centre, first-five, second-five and fullback in college rugby (and centre in league)...being a forward didn't interest him back then. NAS is probably the same...like to get their hands on the ball. David Lomax made him go prop for the Storm camp in WN so he would get the ball & been in and around the engine ever since apart from the odd foray now and then.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I love seeing Tohu pop up in the centres (unless it was due to an injury. .) So destructive on the edge. ..I hope we get to see plenty of that this year!

And I've said it before. ... but I hope someone other than cam is our goal kicker - not intended as a slight on him, as I think he's more than capable. .. but it would be good if he had a bit less to do - an extra break certainly wouldn't hurt him.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think Cam wants to be goalkicker and that's the main reason he doesn't give it up.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Our defence has been on the slide for the past few years. Regardless of result, the best indication that things are looking up would be a solid defensive effort from the boys. Edge defence and line speed.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Possible milestones tonight
Ryan Hinchcliffe 150th game for Storm and hopefully his 100th win for Storm.
Blake Green's first game for Storm.
Dale Finucane's first game for Storm.
Felise Kaufusi's NRL debut. The Kaufusis will become 5th set of brothers to play for Storm (not in same game) (Bromwich, Cross, MacDougall and Turner). (Bromwichs only brothers to play in same game for Storm).
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs possible Storm debut (not sure if he played for SC Falcons on Saturday).
(Manly fans look away now) Billy Slater requires one try to equal Ken Irvine's record of 171 tries for a single club.
Cooper Cronk needs 8 points (2 tries) to score 300 points in NRL.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm are as named 1 - 17. Must be only the first or second time Bellamy has ever done that.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some of these haircuts are a pharkn disgrace.