Melbourne storm HOME game in NZ

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sigh knew it was coming...I'm so over the storm right now and the season hasn't even started yet

It is kinda clever though considering I just heard it will be RD 20 vs the dragons...we play the warriors in Auckland the week before so less travelling...storm are clever in a way

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/665 ... cLean-Park
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't sweat the small stuff Sallymay....

yes we miss a game in Melbourne but if our Club strengthens its position financially...it means we will see games in Melbourne for a loooong time coming...
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

How does that affect those of us who have paid for our membership and were expecting there to be 13 games at AAMI park?
Would we effectively get one game less this year?
Surely not....
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

12 home games down to 11 for the same $ yes
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:12 home games down to 11 for the same $ yes
usually means that....but maybe some other form of "compensation" from the Club for Members ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
HaliStorm
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Thanks Sally.

Oops, forgot about the bye.

This will surely go down like a lead balloon. I'm all for spreading the gospel, but that's technically that just cost me around $80 (based on family membership to the Premiers Club). Just think of how many pies i could buy with that!!!

I've just checked the website and it states "Category 1 reserved seating for all home games at AAMI Park during the 2015 NRL Premiership Season".

I can't believe they're planning on changing what they've defined as home games for the 2015 season.

Just found this in the T&C's

11.4 Home games not played at AAMI Park: You acknowledge that Melbourne Storm may, in its discretion, play any game scheduled by the NRL to be played at AAMI Park, Melbourne, at another venue including a venue which is the home ground of another NRL Club. Melbourne Storm may, at its absolute discretion, provide some compensation for any benefits foregone in these circumstances.

If this proves to be the case and they do not provide compensation it would be my families final year as a member after 12 years - which would make me a sad panda.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:happy6: Yes!! It will be so very well supported over here...
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Sorry, never thought about it...didn't mean to override what is an important consideration for you guys & your membership $ etc. Surely they will compensate you all in some way? I hope so...
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I was pissed off kinda still am...I can see the benefits and happy storm will make money it just seems shitty that we lose out...guess we have to wait to find out

glad you will get to see Tohu Chip
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not a fan of clubs taking home games elsewhere. St Merge bring a good crowd with them too, so you'd hope we get well compensated.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Too late for a refund? FFS Storm give your Melbourne fans some value. Each year its getting less and less.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

this is bullsh1t, end of story!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

This is the tipping point of my dissatisfaction with the club. I am considering giving up my membership at the end of the year. Seriously, the value for money for members is becoming a joke.

I'd rather just watch the Storm at Crown on the big screen or at home on TV if this is the direction the club is going. It's really sad, but if this is how the club is going to continue to treat the fans - then goodbye membership.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stuck with my membership through 2010 and they repay me by making me pay for practice games and taking a game i'm supposed to get as part of my membership overseas.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Often when a Melbourne AFL club take games interstate a member gets compensated with entry to an "away" game in Melbourne. Unfortunately the Storm can't do that.

Yes and having to pay $20 for a trial game as a member is a bit steep. We will have to see how it plays out.

People may also buy a 12 game membership knowing they may only be able to attend 9 or 10 games this may cut it down to 8 or 9 for some and may also have people questionning their membership.

Does Tiger fly to NZ? Maybe they could put on a cheap flight or a members flight to help compensate us.

I am away for one home game and have a 60th another so if we lose the Dragons one that's me down to 9 games before we start.