Trial 3 Storm vs Canterbury Bulldogs

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So little rumour I have...Travis Robinson Dean Britt out of the game on Saturday

Also heard a crap rumour Slade Griffen has an eye injury he picked up so it's now down to Hinchy for Hooker
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

All 3 shouldn't be close to playing first grade anyway.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Bill is back! hopefully ends up playing

So guys how does admission into the trial work at AAMI? Would they have an open turnstile set up or do we need to arrange for tix
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

nacho wrote:Bill is back! hopefully ends up playing

So guys how does admission into the trial work at AAMI? Would they have an open turnstile set up or do we need to arrange for tix
Tickets either at the gate (as far as I'm aware) or online - or at a Ticketek outlet, I suppose.
Turtle188
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

absentee wrote:
nacho wrote:Bill is back! hopefully ends up playing

Tickets either at the gate (as far as I'm aware) or online - or at a Ticketek outlet, I suppose.
I've just checked online, $25 plus for a trial match seems a bit rich for my way of thinking. U20's on Goschs Paddock is looking good.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

where is Fonua?
mattstormy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

$25 a ticket for a trial match is obscene beyond belief. I did it last year but I won't be doing it again. Surely members could use their pass to get in like an NRL game. I don't even think walk up fans to a regular NRL game pay that much.

That and the fact it's too bloody hot AGAIN for the family day, I won't be going to either. I remember last year I went to the family day which was just as hot and spent most of the time before the trial drinking at the pub in the air-conditioning instead of standing around in the sun.
brisbanestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Is there going to be a live stream this week?
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

paying for a trial? thats almost funny.

Members getting less than they should for their money. 15th year of membership this year and I am in desperate need to convince myself to go for a 16th - come on storm.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apparently we still don't like playing defence and don't have a genuine number 2 goal kicker.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater made a successful comeback apparently
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So, how'd we go? Any post game analysis from someone who could attend?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

TLL played the last 8 minutes in the time he was pretty good

Kenny B Ok
Munster took over from where billy left off
Blake green was MOM for mine gonna be great in the season
Dale Funucane was also really really good
Was so good seeing billy playing again...from the minute the game started to when he left he was working his arse off was spooooo good to watch
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If cam doesn't play then either cam Munster or Shaun Nona must...we need conversions and they can kick em
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Always thought Cam Smith was an average goal kicker (which he probably is) but Will Chambers was shocking. We had to score 7 tries to their 5 to win by 2 points. I quite liked Will's kick offs though they were spinning in all sorts of weird ways. I particularly liked the one that hit the cross bar and which (I think) Tim Glasby regathered. That was the turning point in the match we were 30 - 12 down at that stage and all momentum was with the Bulldogs.

Our defence particularly out wide was average on occasions.

Agree with Sally's appraisal although didn't really notice Kenny B and not sure if Blake was MOM but he was pretty good. His kicking was good put in two or three grubber kicks which resulted in goalline dropouts and also put a chip kick on a dime for Suilasi Vunivalu to score a try. (BTW I have a man crush on Vunivalu).

Felise Kaufusi made some good runs including a break off a Jesse offload (if I remember rightly) where he passed to Munster for a try. Felise did get sin binned at one stage. For 10 minutes it was 12 on 12. David Klemmer did something to one of our players in a tackle around the head. Felise didn't like it and got involved as did everyone else. Klemmer got put on report and sin binned as well.

NAS looks promising, he is a massive unit. Although he was put on report at one stage I think for a crusher. I thought Dayne Weston made some good runs too. Ben Hampton played ok particularly in the first half. MK made some good runs from the back and looked good in defence under high ball.

Disappointed not to see more of Shaun Nona but he didn't look like missing match winning conversion from sideline.

In terms of goalkicking unfortunately I don't see Munster or Nona making our 17 for first game, so not sure what we do. Would think Green plays at 6 and Billy is at 1, so unless Munster plays on a wing.

The refs are not going to be any better this year at one stage the Bulldogs knocked on defending our goal line and the ball was regathered by another Bulldog (who was in front of the other player). The refs packed a scrum surely that is a penalty every day of the week.

Also I saw DJ as I was leaving last night. He and his family have moved back to Melbourne.

Melbourne Storm 32

Tries: Marika Koroibete 2, Young Tonumaipea, Suliasi Vunivalu, Tohu Harris, Cameron Munster, Billy Slater

Goals: Will Chambers 0/4, Cameron Munster 1/2, Shaun Nona 1/1

Canterbury Bulldogs 30

Tries: Brett Morris, Sam Perrett, Curtis Rona, Tim Browne, Tony Williams,

Goals: Trent Hodkinson 5/5