Best Line Up?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So, if everyone on our roster is fit, what is our 17?

Here are my certainties and options for the other spots, player in bold is the one I consider most likely to be picked, player in italics is the one I would like to be picked:

1.Slater
2.Koroibete
3.Chambers
4.Fonua
5.Mann/Munster/Duffie/Tonumaipeia/Kennar/Hunt/Vunivalu/Robinson
6.Green/Nona/Hampton
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.McLean/Learoyd Lahrs
11.Proctor
12.Harris/Finucane/Glasby
13.Hinchcliffe/Finucane
Bench:
Asofa-Solomona/Britt/K.Bromwich/Glasby/Griffin/Hampton/Harris/Hinchcliffe/Kaufusi/Learoyd Lahrs/McLean/Welch/Weston/Finucane
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Soooooo I went to training on Monday so I guess I'll let you all know what I saw

It was basically our first gradel team who would be playing next year only about 15 players the others were on holiday
No Billy Jordan Marika they had all gone on holiday
So I'll give a little report on all the players I saw

Will Chambers...amazing was leading his team around yelling and teaching the two younger guys Kenner and Francis how to pick up the ball on the run

Kurt Mann holy shit he has got huge

Cam Munster was pretty good...at one point I thought he hurt Kurt when he tackled him cause he tackled him so hard..then he got in trouble for throwing a ball away by Craig and had to do push ups

Young is huge and he looks good..talked to him and he said he wants to play NRL all year so learning everything he can fast

Richie was pretty good and got a few training try's but was in trouble a few times for not listening guess it was the last day b4 Xmas

Hymal I'm impressed I'd like to see him get a go

Ben Hampton has put on so much size he looks good

Tim Glasby was busy and looks good...not happy he still has his knees strapped though

Hinchy was capt of the old mans team...none were really that old but he was great with them

Dean Britt was good the whole session...it's the first time I've really talked to him...he said he want one game plans to keep his game simple...he is still learning off Noz in the gym

Slade looks great knees weren't strapped and looks ready to play

Kafusi looks like his bigger too was happy chatting to me

Kenny B was more excited for the holiday lol looked good though

Dayne Weston wasn't training with the group but was running at the side...spoke to him after he finished cause he finished before the other guys he told me he is much better..put on size at the top and was finally running this week...would be doing one more week in rehab when they got back but would be joining the main group when they come back

The one I'm most impressed with is Francis Taulau or atm going by the nickname Frank not sure how that came about he was in everything...I spoke to him after he has signed with the East Tigers but Bellamy wants to keep him...he finds out in the new year how his new contract will work either stay in melbs train with storm and play for easts with a possibility of playing maybe one game for storm or live in qld and train with easts his not 100 sure but he thinks it will be option 1 he is prepared for both

As I was leaving I spoke to a guy I always see and never knew who he was so I randomly asked him...turns out his the speed coach and he reckons a few of the boys are faster then what billy was when he was their age..he also said that this year was the slowest the club had been but next years would be good cause they have more speed...interesting

Anyway those are the guys I saw looking good I think
Last edited by sallymay on Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I apologise for posting it here but didn't want to start a new thread
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't apologise, it was relevant.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote:So, if everyone on our roster is fit, what is our 17?
1.Slater
2.Koroibete
3.Chambers
4.Fonua
5.Tonumaipeia
6.Green
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.McLean
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.Hinchcliffe
14. Finucane
15. TLL
16. Glasby
17. K.Bromwich

I think that is what Bellamy believes is his best side. My person preference is to have at least one of Mann/Munster start the season somewhere in the backline. I'd prefer both to be in the same side but I don't think that is realistic atm. I'd also like Finucane to start at lock with Hinchy on the bench.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I think we'll see Hinchcliffe or K.Brom on the bench, not both unless Kenny's bulked up.
Finucane will start probably at lock.
Really like the look of that pack.
Monsoon
Monsoon

1. Slater
2. Munster
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Koroibete
6. Nona
7. Cronk
8. J.Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Finucane

1. Mann
2. Tonumaipea
3. Hunt
4. Kennar
5. Duffie
6. Green
7. Hampton
8. Learoyd-Lahrs
9. Griffin
10. Glasby
11. Asofa-Solomona
12. K.Bromwich
13. Hinchcliffe

We can field 2 pretty strong starting 13's next year, I'm sure there is a winning formula scattered in there somewhere!!
summergames
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I really like the look of our forwards for next year. Hopefully some of the young backs come on in leaps and bounds and match the other clubs whose youngsters are really killing it at present
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

There is genuine competition for certain spots and that is a very good thing.

One wing is wide open for anyone who is good enough to take it and I see Young, Mann, Munster, Duffie and Kennar as all having very strong cases though honestly, Vunivalu excites me more than any of them.

Five Eighth is frustratingly still open and Green, Hampton and Nona will likely fight it out although Munster and Mann can both play there too so who knows.

The second starting prop is probably a choice between the experienced Learoyd Lahrs and the youth of McLean.

Hoffy's left edge position will be fought out between Harris, Glasby, Finucane and possibly even Kenny Bromwich.

Hinchy has some competition to retain the lock position, especially as he will start at hooker and give Finucane, Harris or Kenny Bromwich a chance to take to spot from him.

And our bench is wide open. I believe that Kaufusi will be given a go early and I hope he seizes the opportunity and I think the rest of the bench will be whoever doesn't start out of Harris, Hinchy, Glasby, Finucane, McLean and Learoyd Lahrs with maybe Slade Griffin, Munster or Mann getting a utility role at some point.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Finucane will push Hinchcliffe for the starting lock position...
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. J. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Harris
12. Proctor
13. Finucane

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Glasby
16. Leahroyd-Lars
17. K. Bromwich
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Slater
2. Munster
3. Chambers
4. Fonua
5. Koroibete
6. Green
7. Cronk
8. Bromwich
9. Smith
10. McLean
11. Proctor
12. Harris
13. Finucane

14. Hinchcliffe
15. Asofa-Solomona
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Glasby
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1. Billy Slater, 2. Matt Duffie, 3. Will Chambers, 4. Kurt Mann, 5. Marika Koroibete; 6. Shaun Nona, 7. Cooper Cronk; 8. Jesse Bromwich, 9. Cameron Smith (c), 10. Jordan McLean, 11. Kevin Proctor, 12. Tohu Harris, 13. Dale Finucane.

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe, 15. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, 16. Tim Glasby, 17. Nelson Afosa-Solomona.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So after the 9s and trial 1, I think we're looking at:

1.Slater
2.Koroibete
3.Chambers
4.Fonua
5.Tonumaipeia
6.Green
7.Cronk
8.J.Bromwich
9.Smith
10.McLean
11.Proctor
12.Harris
13.Hinchcliffe
14.Finucane
15.Glasby
16.Learoyd Lahrs
17.K.Bromwich/Kaufusi/Asofa-Solomona/Welch

My thought is that Welch has come from nowhere a little to contend with a spot that the other 3 were already fighting for.

I also doubt we will ever see Travis Robinson in fg - simply not good enough, if an outside back goes down, Mann, Munster, Duffie and possibly Kennar or Hunt will spring into calculations - I believe Vunivalu still has learning to do before being considered.

Nona looks good and I think should be ahead of Hampton at present if Green doesn't work out. Griffin probably has his nose in front of Brittain through experience. Mann and Munster could both also come into consideration in the halves at some point.

Weston has to have dropped back a bit and Tualau looks good, whether he has signed or not I am still unsure. Britt may get a chance at some point but not yet.