Jussy O'Neill leaving...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

anyone know the back story ??

Family, homesickness, opportunity ???

Always liked Jussy...but I winced every time he got the ball in a contested situation as he also closely resembled "glass man" in terms of being hurt/injured....like Matt D.

Fonua seems much more resilient.

Do we have hopes of Hymel Hunt coming on and taking a Centre position eventually because we seem a little light on for Centres after Chambers, Fonua and Mann

Any thoughts ??
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kennar would be viewed as a long term option.
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

For the second year in a row, we only have one NRL experienced centre on our roster. We have done a great job in the offseason gaining some quality players in the forwards so I am not complaiming, however we have seen what has happened in the last two years with a number of different combinations tested and our edge defence suffering.

Having said all of that, O'Neill isn't a centre anyway. He merely provided cover there.

I really hope we can get the balance right early on our edges.
mattystorm1987
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

we signed him to a 250k a year deal for 2 yrs n then he blew his knee out, the bottom line craig n co didn't think he was worth it anymore n tried shopping him around, dogs were keen on him to play fb n then warriors were keen but he simply cost to much $$$ for the risk of him doing another injury plus he has slowed a lot, I do believe we are paying part of his salary for next year as well..