NRL draw

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Rd 1 vs dragons at Kograh
Rd 2 vs manly at Brookie

Anzac Day we play manly

Easter Monday we play warriors
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I do not care of the reason for not having Storm vs Warriors on ANZAC Day (centenary). The fact that our tradition has to be compromised to accommodate an NRL desire, pisses me off.

NRL expects us to bend over backwards (or forwards if you think about it) but then they will hit us with 6 or 7 Monday night games.

I know some of you don't like the Warriors fans at this event but as a tradition and spectacle on TV, it is one of the most highly anticipated games every year. I know we play them on Easter Monday... The fact this is a traditional ANZAC DAY clash adds the emotion to this event.

Extremely disappointed. The N(SW)RL can get stuffed.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

agree and then we have to put up with scum of the earth manly supporters on the big day to boot. nswrl, you know where you can go!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As long as it goes back in 2016 i think it's fine it's changed for a year
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

No it should not. Melbourne Storm made this a ANZAC Day event with no help with the NRL. The NRL call the Sydney/Dragons match as the tradition ANZAC Day game. This match is huge one for the Storm and a lot of AFL fans go the Collingwood/Essendon game first and the come to our match. The Storm game must have been getting bigger than the Sydney game and the NRL have to stop anything good to do with the game in Melbourne. Knowing the NRL they will most likely put the Storm/Warriors match on the at the same time as the AFL game at the MCG. Seeing it is 100 years of ANZAC, the Melbourne/New Zealand should be played on ANZAC Day.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

once you set a precedent of allowing change from tradition, it becomes harder to argue to uphold it the next time someone wants to change it again. also, warriors on a Monday, that's 2 thus far!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes two Monday games and bet we play on the Saturday straight after again. The NRL just love giving Storm 5 days breaks. The only good thing is they are both public holidays in Melbourne.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

not the point, we had 6 or 7 this year too, give me a break, I work!
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

If your point is Storm have too many Monday games, I agree with you. I was trying to find a positive spin
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

6 Monday games in 1st 20 rounds, again!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At least we play in NZ this year. And 4 of the last 6 at home. But 6 Monday nights in the first 20 is disappointing.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nothing to stop us getting more in the last 6 either, nrl screwing us again!
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Of course... That is a f*cking joke. 6/18 games on a Monday night!??? One third of our games!???

The club needs to be exceptionally vocal about this back to the NRL and to the media.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the club website already calls it a f*cking highlight