QLD Cup 2015

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Considering we are only using Qcup next year I decided to start this post to use for next years posts starting with news I have

Something is going on at East Tigers but not sure what it is...Craig Ingerbritsen is in Melbourne from Tomorrow (Today actually) until Thursday for Talks with our coaches and players so I'm guessing something is happening for next year
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers have signed ex-Raiders and Bulldogs second rower Jake Foster and ex-Newcastle NYC prop Brenton Horwood.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2014/11/27/s ... ses_0.html

This is cool...both Billy's and Una moi..all training here in melb atm until jan
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm so happy .... Francis Taulau has been signed by East Tigers means his staying in our system...u mark my words he will be a future storm player
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:I'm so happy .... Francis Taulau has been signed by East Tigers means his staying in our system...u mark my words he will be a future storm player
I was meant to say last month that I heard that the club were really wanting to hang on to Taulau. So that's great news Sally.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Heard apparently he will stay in melbs train with the main team but play with Easts...like Cody Dayne and Travis did the last few years...good on him I say
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That's good news re: Francis and makes sense given he is a Victorian ... surprised the powers that be haven't banned it for some reason and forced him to move to Qld.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Easts Tigers
Gains: Jake Foster (Canberra Raiders), Brenton Horwood (Newcastle Knights), Joel Romelo (Melbourne Storm), Brentt Warr (Mackay Cutters), Francis Tualau (Melbourne Storm).

Losses: Steven Thorpe (Sheffield Eagles), Liufau Hala (Wynnum Manly Seagulls), Geoff Holcombe (Darwin), Jarrod McInally (Canterbury Bulldogs), Jai Ballinger (Sunshine Coast Falcons), Luke Lavelle (Gold Coast).

Sunshine Coast Falcons
Gains: Una Mohi (Melbourne Storm NYC), Johnny Vuetibau (Souths Logan Magpies), Cory McGrady (Toowoomba), Jordan Ryan (Easts Tigers), James Ackerman (Redcliffe Dolphins), Dan Murphy (Mackay Cutters), Billy Kitt (Melbourne Storm NYC), Billy Brittain (Melbourne Storm NYC), Jye Ballinger (Easts Tigers), Jacob Harney (Wynnum Manly), Sam Satogi.

Losses: James Leavai (Norths Devils)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.qrl.com.au/content/dam/qrl/d ... 202015.pdf

Pretty good draw really for both teams...falcons might struggle a bit

The big new rivalry tigers vs falcons works out well it's played a Langland park the week storm has a bye...I'm thinking of making the trip up
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

looks like the Storm team will be broken into two teams if your ever out and if they game time you will go to your respective club..this was worked out over a weekend before xmas

i.e Billy cam and cooper Christian Welch Kenny Bromwich and slade griffen are east tigers
shaun nona blake green and ben Hampton jesse Bromwich kevin proctor and dayne weston are Falcons

id love to know the split for the whole team but I only know a few and whats in the news
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

So found out today our players are split down the middle former NSW Cup players and most new players are now Falcons and players who played for East Tigers Last Year and two others picked by the coach are now Tigers so here is my Lists players with * I have been told are definits

EASTS TIGERS
*Nelson Afsofa Solomona.....was told by NAS
*Dean Britt....was told by dean
*Kenny Bromwich...played last year
Will Chambers...to work
*Mahe Fonua....played before
*Tim Glasby...played before
*Ben Hampton..played both tigers &nsw cup now a tiger
Tohu Harris...to work
Ryan Hinchcliffe...to work
*Hymal Hunt...played before
*Felise Kaufusi....played before
*Richard Kenner....played before
Kurt Mann..was told by Kurt
*Cameron Munster....played before
*Shaun Nona...coach wanted him apparently
Cameron Smith...to work
*Young Tonamapia...was to by young
*Christian Welch...was in an article
*Francis Taululu...is a tiger

SUNSHINE COAST FALCONS
*Billy Brittian...was in an article
Jesse Bromwich...to work
Cooper Cronk....to work
*Matt Duffie..former Nsw cup
*Dale Finucane...new player
*Blake Green...new player
*Slade Griffen...former nsw cup
*Marika Korobete..former nsw cup
*Tom LEYROYD Lahrs...new player
*Jordan McLean...former nsw cup
Kevin Proctor...to work
*Travis Robinson..former NSw cup
Billy Slater...to work
*Dayne Weston...former nsw cup
*Sulasi Valuvai...former Nswcup
Jake Turpin...NYC may need qcup games
Latrell Robinson...NYC may need qcup games
Charlie Galo...NYC may need qcup games

I've written to work on the bigger name players cause obviously will not play qcup
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons play Easts Tigers in a trial on Saturday at 4pm EST at Sunshine Coast Stadium

Easts Tigers team
Donald Malone
Jack Joass
Shane Neumann
Michael Kai
Maeli Seve
Joel Romelo
Grant Giess
Kurt Hatfield
Tommy Butterfield Played in a trial and pre-season training for us
Christian Welch
Dane Hogan ©
Jake Foster
Matt Zgrajewski
Dean Britt
Foisa Peni
Ash Little
Liam Tyson
Dwayne Craft
Brentt Warr
Jarrod Nolan

So two current Storm players plus four others who have played with Storm in past including Butterfield who played in pre-season trial.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sunshine Coast Falcons announced a new major sponsor - Vantage Homes.

http://www.scfalcons.com.au/hero-banner ... or-sponsor
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://thetigers.com.au/match-review-su ... ers-trail/

Easts Tigers V Sunshine Coast Falcons

Trial Match, 4pm, Kawana Sports Precinct, 320 Nicklin Way, Bokarina.

by Matt Crowhurst

The Easts Tigers and Sunshine Coast Falcons played out an enthralling trial match, in near perfect conditions, at Kawana Sports Precinct on Saturday, with the Tigers emerging 16 – 10 victors.

However the victory came at a huge cost, with halfback Grant Giess suffering a broken rib that will see him miss the opening six weeks of the Intrust Super Cup. It is a terrible blow for Giess who had just completed a full off season after recovering from shoulder surgery.

Tiger’s coach Craig Ingebrigsten is a firm believer that defence wins games and he would undoubtedly been happy with his charges efforts in defence on Saturday. For 10 minutes before half time and for most of the second half, a valiant Falcons outfit threw everything they had at the Tigers. The Falcons were rewarded with two tries, one on the halftime buzzer and one in the first minute of the second half, however that was all the scoring the Tigers allowed them. With Christian Welch, Matt Zgrajewski and captain Dane Hogan at the forefront of a defensive effort that repeatedly forced the Falcons into errors.

The Tigers opened the game with a very solid first set, finished by a lovely Joel Romelo kick that very nearly resulted in a try to Shane Neumann. Thirteen minute later he repeated the kick and Maeli Seve scored the first try of the game. Romelo’s kicking game, along with the defensive effort, was one of the positives to come out of the game for the Tigers.

At the 19 minute mark centre Michael Kai burst through the Falcons left edge to score and take the Tigers lead to 8 – 0.

It seemed certain to all at the ground that this would be the halftime score, however the teams went to the break with the score at 8 – 4 after the Falcons scored with the halftime hooter ringing in their ears.

The opening 20 minutes of the second half saw the teams swap tries with Maeli Seve scoring his second of the day after the Falcons had scored in the first minute of the half, which took the score to 12 – 10.

The late afternoon heat and rugged defence took its toll on both sides and a lot of the energy went out of the last 20 minutes as penalties and handling errors marred the game.

With 3 minutes to go, new boy Brent Warr (formerly with the Mackay Cutters) lofted a pin point kick toward right wing Jack Joass who had been lurking with intent all day. Joass soared high, AFL style, to take a lovely catch above his head and put the ball down in traffic, for what was the try of the day.

Both teams now turn their intentions to this weekend’s first round of the Intrust Super Cup that see’s the Tigers and Northern Pride in a replay of last year’s grand final at Tapout Energy Stadium, while the Falcons take on the Norths Devils at Sunshine Coast Stadium.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Easts Tigers v Northern Pride
Sunday 8 March, 1:40pm
Tap Out Energy Stadium

Cameron Munster
Richie Kennar
Mahe Fonua
Shaun Nona
Christian Welch
Dean Britt