Storm looking for grunt up front

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/ ... um=twitter

Fui fui Bryce Gibbs Willie mason Ben Lowe
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We need Lawrence!

But if its purely a grunt thing then get Willie - his playing days are done but his attitude is what we need
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets get no one and just play one of the youngsters.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Lol if we're chasing the ones you named then I'd rather us just play the youngsters like Blazza suggested.
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

nacho wrote:But if its purely a grunt thing then get Willie - his playing days are done but his attitude is what we need
No, it's most definitely not what we need.....his attitude is shit....it's shit now, and it always has been! I find his antics amusing at times...but never in a good way - and we also don't need a 10 minute man.....plus Willie would be Grose.2 - not cool...

Definitely would rather see a younger guy come through, and some of our current guys stepping up into bigger roles......depth signing would be fine....but if they insist on bringing someone in, it has to be good value for us....even at his best, ignoring any BS, i doubt Willie would even be a 'monies worth' kinda player...
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Lets start up a campaign to get NAS a spot next year. I would rather thrust him ahead of the other props we have in our system because he will be the next Folau of the forwards
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm on board to get NAS a game, big fan of his! I just hope my suspicions about him being on the 2nd tier list are wrong.
blazza18
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

A guy who does radio stuff for triple m up here in Brisbane tweeted this out not too long ago -
strong mail that Martin Kennedy is close to becoming a @storm in 2015. The Bennett clean out is underway!
https://twitter.com/MyMateDobbo/status/ ... 5386126336
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'd be happy with Storm signing Martin Kennedy.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Scooter wrote:I'd be happy with Storm signing Martin Kennedy.
he would be a very handy signing as long as he took a pay cut to play under the best coach and in the BEST team in the NRL.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Gaiscioch
Squall
Squall

I'm on board with NAS! Put him among Storms best and they will definitely have an immense season in 2015.
Anyone here see him play in the Junior Kiwi's versus the Junior Roo's? he would of not played for a month or more, but must of put in a massive total of tackles, and they were hard-strong tackles, also his hit-ups were always good solid carries.
Any other club would have to include him in.
[align=]You don't take a taser to a gun fight! :lol:[/align]
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

NAS has more potential than JB and I believe he will get to JB's level alot quicker than the progression he had.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Big call. Not saying you're wrong though.
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Was told that the prime for a forward is the mid-twenties to about 28 so Jessie will still improve (as will Jordan & T) all going well. CB looks to longevity rather than waste them so steady as she goes I guess. NAS, like a few others looks to have the goods, the build and the ability to make a huge impact from day 1 but I hope it isn't at the cost of longevity in his career - having said that some guys just thrive and have it all. I reckon NAS just might be one of those ones & looking forward to see him up there.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Was he not on a reported 500k a year if so its going to be a massive pay cut to come down to Melbourne

blazza18 wrote:A guy who does radio stuff for triple m up here in Brisbane tweeted this out not too long ago -
strong mail that Martin Kennedy is close to becoming a @storm in 2015. The Bennett clean out is underway!
https://twitter.com/MyMateDobbo/status/ ... 5386126336