Round 26 Storm v Broncos

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
cayal
Squall
Squall

It's funny how sports go, if we weren't screwed out of the Titans and Knights game and didn't screw up the Roosters game we'd be top.

If we didn't win those Manly games and the Dragons game we'd be far down the bottom.

I guess these things even themselves out.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We've had tough run into the finals and don't know how long we can keep it up. Gus made a good point about finishing in the bottom 4. We have to play high intensity games 4 weeks in a row and win all of them.
If we finish 4th we play Manly in Sydney which sounds daunting but I prefer that scenario to any other tbh. I prefer coming in as underdogs v Manly or Roosters then must win v Dogs/Warriors/Eels/Broncos at home in week 1.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote:
sallymay wrote:Thank *lima lima lima duck* George Rose is leaving...he made his bed he can lay in it...can't stand the guy anymore
Did I miss something tonight regarding Rose?

They announced the departing players...Rose was one of them
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mahe definitely had a determined look after he botched that play the ball early on. ....I thought then he'd be in for a big game. .. didn't think it would be that big though! And yeah. .. how did he outrun everyone? Obviously has more pace than I thought - but that pass was completely telegraphed. ...I felt like I had a chance of intercepting it - from the comfort of my lounge :) The most enjoyable part was watching him go all afl style to grab the ball, and use the strength he has an abundance of to get over the line - that happened around the same time I started wondering to myself who we will have on the right wing next year, as that's where all the kicks were going. ..... then the one time Cooper goes left, the shortest guy on the field plucks it out of the air and barged over! Great to watch, and I hope our left side stays as is for some time to come. ..... really enjoying having a couple of guys that put their hands up early in a set, and when on defence they have a habit of killing people! Great stuff!

Can someone tell Sisa to catch the ball too? I know batting it back is in. ... but I reckon there was a couple of times a catch and spin was more than achievable - yet the bat back was all that was even being attempted..... catch the damn ball.... just like the bloke who is a foot shorter did! (Sisa was impeccable on D though. ... so there is that)

And I reckon J-Mac had a great game too - not sure about the stats, but it seemed like his hand was always up for a run. ... and the big frame in motion is quite a sight - although. ... he probably shouldn't be allowed to kick the ball anymore :) It was pretty funny though!
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Mahe was great in the second half. I thought Hoff was great and Glasby really has stepped up towards the end of the year.
KingHoweofIsrael wrote:
And I reckon J-Mac had a great game too - not sure about the stats,
I thought the same but he didn't make that many NRL stats has him at 51m and Nrl.com at 67m. I think it looks like he makes more cause he was getting quick play the balls.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

the waterboy for broncos(kearney) was on the field for every set of the broncos coaching them in plays, he has taken over from where langer left off. So ineffect the broncos had an extra man on the field.Should be looked at by the nrl.
stormy
Monsoon
Monsoon

I love watching CB in the coaches box..He plays and feels every set with the players. watching griffen in the box he was just sitting there chewing gum,having a drink of water and showing no passion.
GIVE ME CRAIG EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

stormy wrote:the waterboy for broncos(kearney) was on the field for every set of the broncos coaching them in plays, he has taken over from where langer left off. So ineffect the broncos had an extra man on the field.Should be looked at by the nrl.
You don't know the half of it, he ran ut a message before the opening kick off as our boys were about to enter the field! What message could he possibly be taking at that point that couldn't have been covered in the rooms 30 seconds earlier?
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
sallymay wrote:Thank *lima lima lima duck* George Rose is leaving...he made his bed he can lay in it...can't stand the guy anymore
Did I miss something tonight regarding Rose?

They announced the departing players...Rose was one of them
He's been our biggest failure tbh. Not like he tried hard anyway
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Can anyone shed some light on the whole Tohu vs Corey crap?? From what i could tell - Tohu had his arm caught somewhere, and Corey wanted to play the ball.....next thing i know there's the closest thing to a punch up since they banned punching (i can't believe that's a thing...but anyway..) Anyone know any more about that? Or is what i saw pretty much the whole story?

Also, any news on potential injuries? I think Cam, J-Brom and maybe Tohu all picked up various bumps in the game....though they all played on, so couldn't be too bad....right? Right? :)

One more thing; There's a moment after Cronk scored that should be bronzed and replace the current trophy - when we win, the current one should be shunned, and the Storm premiership will be unveiled!

It's pretty much that, but the moment just after this picture has trophy written all over it.....and lol@barba
Brian
Squall
Squall

yourhero wrote:After Mahe's intercept, it was entertaining to see Bellamy's utter elation turn to bright red rage when Mahe delayed putting the ball down :lol:

To be fair I was also screaming "PUT THE F***ING BALL DOWN!!!".

Mahe had it under control, he was just toying with us ;)
It looked like Craig bellamy was riding a horse when Mahe was charging down the paddock.I hope one day the Storm put out a highlight reel of
Craig Bellamys most passionate coaches Box Clips. Part 1 , 2 3 and so on .love His work

Another season or two and Mahe will become a very very good player with Origin next to his name.I guess he would be eligible for the Blues as he played in Canberra for a while i think.

Anyhow..have a Winfield ;)

Cheers
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Brian wrote:Another season or two and Mahe will become a very very good player with Origin next to his name.I guess he would be eligible for the Blues as he played in Canberra for a while i think.
If he keeps improving like he has - he'll be better than most centres in the comp before we know it....But i dunno about origin.....even if he played in Canberra.....that isn't exactly in NSW or QLD either.....I'd prefer, no Origin...represents Australia instead (you know, those games that don't disrupt club games...)

I should point out, that try down the right (our left D), probably would have been stopped if Mahe didn't slip - he was right there...and was all game - So even just his defensive positioning has improved greatly from what it was early in the year (it might help the players either side of him aren't changing each week too...)
yourhero
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Some great one on one tackles from Mahe last night. His first contact has improved dramatically.
cayal
Squall
Squall

Brian wrote:
yourhero wrote:I hope one day the Storm put out a highlight reel of
Craig Bellamys most passionate coaches Box Clips. Part 1 , 2 3 and so on .love His work
I imagine they will ala Cooper last night (surprised Hoffy didn't get one) but Bellamy's will have a lot of blurring out around the mouth.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On another note, does anyone here have the squirts and also ate food from the food places in AAMI?
I recon there was a bug going around in some of the food staff